Redskins Cuts

turtle28

Fourth-round pick Montae Nicholsonicon-article-link.gif is now No. 35 while seventh-round pick Joshua Holseyicon-article-link.gif is No. 38.

Nicholson had been wearing No. 34 during the offseason, but with running back Mack Brownicon-article-link.gifalso wearing that number the Michigan State product has been given a new number. As for Holsey, he is No. 38 while running back Rob Kelleyicon-article-link.gif remains at No. 20. Duplicate numbers are common during the offseason months as the roster is at 90 players.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Just realized the Colts picked up Matt Hazel aarrgghh, we shoulda kept him over Ryan Grant ! Big mistake. So we had  3 players picked up from waivers . We must really have a strong roster .. O.o

They picked up Jones, Mbu and Hazel lol

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Just realized the Colts picked up Matt Hazel aarrgghh, we shoulda kept him over Ryan Grant ! Big mistake. So we had  3 players picked up from waivers . We must really have a strong roster .. O.o

*shrugs* Hazel didn't impress me at all.

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They picked up Jones, Mbu and Hazel lol

Only one of those three that I am even partially sorry to see not re-sign with us is Mbu.

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

*shrugs* Hazel didn't impress me at all.

Only one of those three that I am even partially sorry to see not re-sign with us is Mbu.

Really ? Didn't you say you didn't see the last game ? Or was that Thai ? He looked quick. He had 4 catches and looked to me he got separation when he made his cut in the route .. We'll see man .. I wonder -has Grant ever had 4 catches in a game .. preseason or any season ?!

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Really ? Didn't you say you didn't see the last game ? Or was that Thai ? He looked quick. He had 4 catches and looked to me he got separation when he made his cut in the route .. We'll see man .. I wonder -has Grant ever had 4 catches in a game .. preseason or any season ?!

That was me. I did watch him in the first three games, and I didn't see anything that stuck out to me. He was a meh returner and a meh receiver. Maybe I missed his best game, but how many of those guys in that game are now on the street?

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

That was me. I did watch him in the first three games, and I didn't see anything that stuck out to me. He was a meh returner and a meh receiver. Maybe I missed his best game, but how many of those guys in that game are now on the street?

I don't know about the Bucs but 4 of our guys are on NFL rosters !

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't know about the Bucs but 4 of our guys are on NFL rosters !

We knew that Jones was going to get a shot, just because of where he was drafted. I give Hazel and Mbu credit for doing enough to create good film for them to get picked up. Sudfeld was grabbed solely to pick his brain about the offense.

@RedskinsGM

onlu jones on a roster the other three practice squad guys. That being said it is a very high number of guys in our camp working with our coaches who have chosen to leave and develop elsewhere. Could be both good reasons like they don't think they are good enough to crack the roster here or bad reasons like they don't think they will be developed here or as I suspect that our front office will always side with the over priced free agents and vets they signed instead of the player performing the best. See defensive line. The shocker to me is Sudfield- guess he wasn't seeing a bright future here. 

Archived