Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Forge

Sheldon Richardson traded to Seahawks

Recommended Posts

Hate trading away Richardson, but can't argue the value that we got for him. Considering he's been on the block for quite some time now, this was a good deal for us as it was obvious we were never going to pay him anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love it now...but watch the swapped 7th turn all-pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice.  We we spend a ton next year in FA, we wouldnt of gotten a comp pick for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Kearse and a 2nd. I thought it was straight up, I'm okay with this trade now. 

This just proves what a failure our GM is and our entire front office is.  Another first round pick given away for next to nothing. And if we do get  a second or third round pick for Sheldon our moron GM will give him away for nothing , like he did this year. Anybody who thinks this is a good deal for the Jets is a bigger moron than Mac. 

Now you see why so many long term members have left this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is a player + a 2nd round pick "next to nothing" ?

What did you think we were going to get for a player who has more suspensions than sacks recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

This just proves what a failure our GM is and our entire front office is.  Another first round pick given away for next to nothing. And if we do get  a second or third round pick for Sheldon our moron GM will give him away for nothing , like he did this year. Anybody who thinks this is a good deal for the Jets is a bigger moron than Mac. 

Now you see why so many long term members have left this board.

LOL dude you are out of touch, that's all I need to say.  I guess everyone is a big moron because Manish is the only one that had anything bad to say about the move.  Almost everyone else is praising it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

This just proves what a failure our GM is and our entire front office is.  Another first round pick given away for next to nothing. And if we do get  a second or third round pick for Sheldon our moron GM will give him away for nothing , like he did this year. Anybody who thinks this is a good deal for the Jets is a bigger moron than Mac. 

Now you see why so many long term members have left this board.

I think the bigger issue here is we need stop drafting players at positions that are already stacked. Or we should have never signed Wilkerson.

But this deal, in isolation, is a solid trade.

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

LOL dude you are out of touch, that's all I need to say.  I guess everyone is a big moron because Manish is the only one that had anything bad to say about the move.  Almost everyone else is praising it.

I get the frustration with the organization. I mean look back at that draft. We had 3 top 50 picks and, 5 years later, all we have is a 2nd round pick in 2018 to show for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is my whole point. That is why we are a horrible team. But some of these guys are happy being the laughing stock of the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

That is my whole point. That is why we are a horrible team. But some of these guys are happy being the laughing stock of the NFL.

He was a pick from the old GM, Macc got good value out of a player that we would have let walk at the end of the season. That is a good move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It had to be done. It was the best value.

i do think Mac needs to refine his approach to the draft though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is my whole point. That is why we are a horrible team. But some of these guys are happy being the laughing stock of the NFL.

Mac didn't pick Sheldon, Milliner, or Pryor that's all Idzik, I'm fine if you want to be critical or the moves he himself has made or hasn't made but don't try to lump the collective ineptitude of past GMs on him. Richardson is in a contract year with locker room and off field problems we should all be jumping for joy that we got a 2nd rounder when during the pre-draft process we were all talking about how we might get a conditional 3/4 for him. Besides if we let him walk after this year we would most likely spend too much to get a comp pick for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

How is a player + a 2nd round pick "next to nothing" ?

What did you think we were going to get for a player who has more suspensions than sacks recently?

His point isn't that the value back isn't good, it's that it's yet another failed 1st rounder to go with a long lost we don't still have on this team. The 13tg pick from just a few years ago should be a star on our team, not a player traded away. Shows how awful we've drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

His point isn't that the value back isn't good, it's that it's yet another failed 1st rounder to go with a long lost we don't still have on this team. The 13tg pick from just a few years ago should be a star on our team, not a player traded away. Shows how awful we've drafted.

That is irrelevant though.  Richardson wasn't a bust, he was a good player, but had a lot of off field issues and played a position where the Jets currently have their most talent.  So instead of just playing him here in a lost season and lose him for nothing, Jets were smartly proactive to get a good value for him now.

 

Cant worry about what happened in the past, gotta keep planning for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×