Sheldon Richardson traded to Seahawks

Forge

58 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Kearse and a 2nd. I thought it was straight up, I'm okay with this trade now. 

This just proves what a failure our GM is and our entire front office is.  Another first round pick given away for next to nothing. And if we do get  a second or third round pick for Sheldon our moron GM will give him away for nothing , like he did this year. Anybody who thinks this is a good deal for the Jets is a bigger moron than Mac. 

Now you see why so many long term members have left this board.

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

This just proves what a failure our GM is and our entire front office is.  Another first round pick given away for next to nothing. And if we do get  a second or third round pick for Sheldon our moron GM will give him away for nothing , like he did this year. Anybody who thinks this is a good deal for the Jets is a bigger moron than Mac. 

LOL dude you are out of touch, that's all I need to say.  I guess everyone is a big moron because Manish is the only one that had anything bad to say about the move.  Almost everyone else is praising it.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I think the bigger issue here is we need stop drafting players at positions that are already stacked. Or we should have never signed Wilkerson.

But this deal, in isolation, is a solid trade.

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

LOL dude you are out of touch, that's all I need to say.  I guess everyone is a big moron because Manish is the only one that had anything bad to say about the move.  Almost everyone else is praising it.

I get the frustration with the organization. I mean look back at that draft. We had 3 top 50 picks and, 5 years later, all we have is a 2nd round pick in 2018 to show for it.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

That is my whole point. That is why we are a horrible team. But some of these guys are happy being the laughing stock of the NFL.

He was a pick from the old GM, Macc got good value out of a player that we would have let walk at the end of the season. That is a good move.

18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is my whole point. That is why we are a horrible team. But some of these guys are happy being the laughing stock of the NFL.

Mac didn't pick Sheldon, Milliner, or Pryor that's all Idzik, I'm fine if you want to be critical or the moves he himself has made or hasn't made but don't try to lump the collective ineptitude of past GMs on him. Richardson is in a contract year with locker room and off field problems we should all be jumping for joy that we got a 2nd rounder when during the pre-draft process we were all talking about how we might get a conditional 3/4 for him. Besides if we let him walk after this year we would most likely spend too much to get a comp pick for him

53 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

How is a player + a 2nd round pick "next to nothing" ?

What did you think we were going to get for a player who has more suspensions than sacks recently?

His point isn't that the value back isn't good, it's that it's yet another failed 1st rounder to go with a long lost we don't still have on this team. The 13tg pick from just a few years ago should be a star on our team, not a player traded away. Shows how awful we've drafted.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

His point isn't that the value back isn't good, it's that it's yet another failed 1st rounder to go with a long lost we don't still have on this team. The 13tg pick from just a few years ago should be a star on our team, not a player traded away. Shows how awful we've drafted.

That is irrelevant though.  Richardson wasn't a bust, he was a good player, but had a lot of off field issues and played a position where the Jets currently have their most talent.  So instead of just playing him here in a lost season and lose him for nothing, Jets were smartly proactive to get a good value for him now.

Cant worry about what happened in the past, gotta keep planning for the future.

Archived