2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No way in hell were they +4.5 without Klay?? Or did you get the line before they announced he was out? I mean even if he played that is a ridiculous line. 

Right before tip it was +3, even after the Klay news. The total dropped to 211 too, which is a huge movement right before a game (was originally like 214 or 215). Means someone lost their *** lol 

This is an awesome series. An all timer, for sure. 

KD will be back next game, I think 

It appears that every time the Warriors would try and get it with in 6 or 5 the Raptors hit a big shot or the Warriors turned it over. For example at the end of the half Warriors got it within 6 and Curry hits a 3 but it gets called off because of an offensive foul on Cook which was not a foul at all. 

Curry got very little help. Boogie was ineffective. Defense should’ve been better outside Raptors making some tough shots 

4 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

KD will come back and make everyone (other than Warriors fans) sad. 

Even if he returns now this likely goes to 7 or Raptors end it beforehand. No guarantee KD is even good when he returns and same with Klay. The defense was trash except for one stretch in the 2nd quarter. 

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Took home court back.. Won a game we had to win, only gonna get tougher now

Actually, I think the latter.

GS gave it their best shot last night - and that was Curry shooting the ball - and they didnt get a whiff of it. Offensively, there's not much else (or certainly not enough) out there with him.

Someone mentioned it previously, but KDs been sitting for a month. This is the NBA Finals at greyhounds pace. This ain't your regular season "Just traveling through...we're bored and will be moving on in a few hours" road show. You want to visualize the KD that returns (if he returns....) is gonna be in mid-season form? I'll believe it when I see it - but Friday's it. He doesnt come back then, he's not coming back and you might as well start singing "Leaving on the last plane...." cause he's somewhere else next year.

Friday's it. Season's on the line Friday. GS isnt coming back from 3-1 minus some TOR players of significance also getting hurt/missing time.

The TOR players are running at top speed - flat out - all game. Saw a highlight where three TOR players chased down Ford putting up a 2pt layup - from behind - and blocked it. TOR's healthy, they want it bad and they're feeling it gents.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

No reason to think the Warriors can't come back from 3-1.

If TOR stays healthy? Not with the team that GS can put on the floor now. 

Curry's the offense. Cousins is a shell of himself - is slowing down as the minutes climb and evidence what extended layoffs look like at this pace: the gas tank hits "E" quick. Till the injured actually return and show they can perform to this level of comp / pace - there's every reason to think they wont/cant come back from down 3-1. Their depth was already "not what it was" coming in and its gotten worse since.

If it goes 3-1 - then goes 7 - the pressure will all be on TOR. It'll be on their home court, but how they respond is anybody's guess at this point - but till GS bulks up player-wise, I dont see this going 7.

Friday's the key game. If GS gets some guys back that can produce and TOR lowers the intensity level a bit having won back home court.......we'll see.

Just an observation. Dont have a rooting interest either way.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

They wouldn't if they had Klay and (less importantly) Looney.

Stop, the Raptors are better even with Klay. They have controlled the entire series pretty much minus one quarter. Warriors don't have the offense to overcome a defense this good without KD. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Right before tip it was +3, even after the Klay news. The total dropped to 211 too, which is a huge movement right before a game (was originally like 214 or 215). Means someone lost their *** lol 

This is an awesome series. An all timer, for sure. 

KD will be back next game, I think 

I thought the total was an easy over. The Warriors were losing two of their best defenders and putting in Cook who is solid offensively and Boogie. So definitely more points for the Raps and the Warriors could find a way to hold up their end.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Stop, the Raptors are better even with Klay. They have controlled the entire series pretty much minus one quarter. Warriors don't have the offense to overcome a defense this good without KD. 

I disagree. GS was never out of it in either game in Toronto even if Toronto controlled game 1 and half of game 2. Splitting 1-1 and coming home with a healthy Klay completely changes yesterday's game.

Archived