2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the deal with Durant? I thought it was his calf but there's a lot of speculation that it's an Achilles injury which may be way more severe. I'm out of the loop here.

I don't think they'd be able to hide it and I doubt he'd be doing pregame work, etc. if it was the Achilles. But I've seen speculation that it was a calf tear rather than just a strain and that feels more plausible to me. 

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I've never seen an article that has ranked the final runs, I don't think this is a thing that people talk about. it still really doesn't matter that much if you think someone had a difficult finals run or not. also, almost everyone will forget, it's not that important. 

what's more impressive: the raptors beating the warriors with klay missing 1 game and kd missing 3/4 or the warriors beating this raptors team?

Let’s say the Warriors are missing their entire starting 5 come finals time, Toronto sweeps them and 5 years from now people are babbling about how Toronto were the greats that ended the Warrior dynasty. Are you really just going to nod your head in agreement because the title is all that matters? I’m not trying to bash Toronto with this, but on principle this way of viewing finals is incredibly lazy 

31 minutes ago, amac said:

Let’s say the Warriors are missing their entire starting 5 come finals time, Toronto sweeps them and 5 years from now people are babbling about how Toronto were the greats that ended the Warrior dynasty. Are you really just going to nod your head in agreement because the title is all that matters? I’m not trying to bash Toronto with this, but on principle this way of viewing finals is incredibly lazy 

You are going the complete other way though. You yourself said Toronto would be lucky to even win a game maybe 1 even if KD missed a portion of the series did you not? Did you not also say Portland was as good or better than Toronto?

Just now, kyle21121 said:

You are going the complete other way though. You yourself said Toronto would be lucky to even win a game maybe 1 even if KD missed a portion of the series did you not? Did you not also say Portland was as good or better than Toronto?

Not related the larger point of the post. But I said Golden State would win in 5 without knowing whether KD would play, without assuming Klay would miss time

I wanted to see how Toronto did against a relatively healthy Golden State before elevating them into a separate tier than Portland, who others were calling trash and that series meaningless because Nurkic was out, ironically.

1 minute ago, amac said:

Not related the larger point of the post. But I said Golden State would win in 5 without knowing whether KD would play, without assuming Klay would miss time

I wanted to see how Toronto did against a relatively healthy Golden State before elevating them into a separate tier than Portland, who others were calling trash and that series meaningless because Nurkic was out, ironically.

Toronto won game 1 and had every chance in game 2. 

Bucks ans Sixers are both better than Portland.

Kawhi and Lowry are both potentially playing through rough injuries, etc, etc. 

1 hour ago, amac said:

Getting past PHI and MIL was extremely impressive in itself. I'd be thrilled regardless if we won the Chip with or without GS's 27 all-stars.

13 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Bucks ans Sixers are both better than Portland.

I don't disagree but I wanted to see them face GSW before getting on board with people claiming they were in totally different class. In round 1 people were trashing both Toronto and Philly, but most people are fickle.

Lebron's Cavs and Golden State have been the benchmarks for years now and plenty of teams have had great regular seasons and gotten bounced by them all the same. These iterations of Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto have never gone a 7 game series with either. If wanting to see that before anointing them makes me a hater so be it

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Let’s say Klay is back next game and KD is back game 5. Whether it’s 2-2 or 3-1 the warriors can still win. Will this change anything?

If Durant comes back, it would depend on how close he is to 100%.  I've thought he wouldn't play at all in this series.  He has a ton to risk, too.  If he goes out and plays and further gets hurt, it could impact him into next season and he doesn't want that.  I'm assuming if he was like 70% or 80%, he would play in game 4.  The fact that he's already been ruled out and it's not even a game time decision indicates to me he's not even close to that.

26 minutes ago, amac said:

I don't disagree but I wanted to see them face GSW before getting on board with people claiming they were in totally different class. In round 1 people were trashing both Toronto and Philly, but most people are fickle.

Lebron's Cavs and Golden State have been the benchmarks for years now and plenty of teams have had great regular seasons and gotten bounced by them all the same. These iterations of Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto have never gone a 7 game series with either. If wanting to see that before anointing them makes me a hater so be it

Well it seemed you were mostly hating on Toronto and it did seem like you threw in Portland for being as good. 

Look im not looking to change minds. I’m just saying give Toronto some credit. It is a shame Klay got hurt but again it’s part of the game. People said GS without KD would still kill them. Toronto has essentially dominated 10 of 12 quarters. Raps are a really good team. No need to downgrade them. 

Archived