2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

9 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Would you say he compares to Tennessee's A.J. Brown?

I think they're different stylistically, but in the end can deliver the same kind of impact. Aiyuk can create more pure separation, quickly. Just has more speed and twitch to his game. Whereas Brown works better on developing routes that give him a little more time, and he's more of a 50/50 contested threat too. Both of them can put in work after the catch/in space as well.

Different players, same result.

• Like 1

I like Justin Madubuike. Great get off, strong violent hands, positional flexibility, consistently low COG, driving/bulling power, and he has the athleticism to deliver against the passing game. Back to Back seasons of 5.5 Sacks and 40+ pressures in the SEC for a DI- is crazy impressive. 22.5 TFL in that span too. And he should show out at the combine(I think he'll drop a super legit 3C, love his bend at DI). Pairing a stellar production profile with a great athletic one to make the Analytics crowd really fall in love with him.

Could be a nasty ceiling on this kid. One to watch going forward for us. We brought in two of his teammates last year too(Mack, Alaka). 

This Arkansas game is a strong cut up, and Madubuike puts a stamp on the game at it's climax. Big players- make big plays- in big moments. Great work from him.

• Like 2

I'm starting to settle on Madubuike as DI#1 on our board. Really feels like a guy that might've cemented himself as a Top 10 pick if he returned for his Senior season, much like a Derrick Brown this year. 

I think he's a rare high floor and high ceiling prospect. Fine with him in the 1st.

• Like 1

I have seen Madubuike in most mock drafts going mid to high 2. round. Don't think he is an underrated prospect, but so far most have only dug into the top prospects.

He certainly fits what we need, no question about that.

I think Antonio Gibson and Lynn Bowden are options we might explore. Somewhat positionless in most schemes but would fit perfectly in ours with the amount of motions and the threat by Lamar to open up the defense to get these guys the ball in space. Both can return the ball as well.

15 minutes ago, Danand said:

I have seen Madubuike in most mock drafts going mid to high 2. round. Don't think he is an underrated prospect, but so far most have only dug into the top prospects.

I think Antonio Gibson and Lynn Bowden are options we might explore. Somewhat positionless in most schemes but would fit perfectly in ours with the amount of motions and the threat by Lamar to open up the defense to get these guys the ball in space. Both can return the ball as well.

I really like Bowden

22 minutes ago, Danand said:

That's where I see his stock at as well. I'm projecting him to rise after the combine though. Thus far I like him more than Gallimore, Elliot, and while I like Blacklock's flashes- I give Madubuike the edge for consistency and level of competition. So at this point he's my DI #1(Obviously excluding Brown & Kinlaw who we'll have no shot at).

I like Yetur Gross-Matos for us at EDGE if he's there in the 1st too. Not overly familiar with the whole group yet though. I see YGM as a high potential all around EDGE, who can actually survive on early downs early in his career. 

Those guys are my early favorites for our big 'need' spots. 

• Like 1

Kind of doing a 'Dugger Dump' here I know. I'm just wondering how high he can go, should he be able to convince teams he really can impact the game like a Derwin James. And how interested would we be? We have a need at both Safety and Linebacker, Returner too. He can potentially excel at all three spots. His only knocks are that he's over aged(Will be 24 on draft day) and he dominated against DII competition. Obviously, neither factor really concerns our FO.

Will be interesting to see how far he can rise. Seems like lock for the 2nd Round right now, and it's expected that he will blow up the combine. IIRC the highest drafted DII guy recently was Adam Shaheen who went 45th overall to the Bears in '17. Who's been a major bust. Hopefully Dugger can be the opposite. Unless of course one of our rivals drafts him- which wouldn't shock me, as they'll all be looking for athletic options on defense to challenge our young MVP.

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

That's where I see his stock at as well. I'm projecting him to rise after the combine though. Thus far I like him more than Gallimore, Elliot, and while I like Blacklock's flashes- I give Madubuike the edge for consistency and level of competition. So at this point he's my DI #1(Obviously excluding Brown & Kinlaw who we'll have no shot at).

I like Yetur Gross-Matos for us at EDGE if he's there in the 1st too. Not overly familiar with the whole group yet though. I see YGM as a high potential all around EDGE, who can actually survive on early downs early in his career. 

I am a big fan of YGM as well as Curtis Weaver and Darrell Taylor. I am less intrigued by Okwara, Greenard, Zubiga, Lewis, Anae. 

I hope we double dip in the edge pool this year. Get the complete pass rusher first or second round and then go for either the edge setter in Zuniga/Kareem or the speedster on the outside.

5 minutes ago, Danand said:

I hope we double dip in the edge pool this year. Get the complete pass rusher first or second round and then go for either the edge setter in Zuniga/Kareem or the speedster on the outside.

I could see it.

The FO really has to ace this. Both in FA and the draft. This is a big window for us and we need impact from the position. Ideally we land one of the big dogs Clowney/Campbell and then resign McPhee. That immediately gives us elite outside options for run defense, and a good solid boost to the pass rush. Plus whatever Rookie(s) we bring in then won't have to shoulder too much responsibility. They can take on rotation roles and function as designated rushers- similar to Suggs early on. 

This EDGE class feels really sketchy though. It's hard to conjure up much faith for more than a handful of guys. So I'm really hoping EDC can avoid the busts. 

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Hadn’t really watched Justin Madubuike, but now that I have he’s the clear cut pick. He looks like Chris Jones out there. Could you imagine a defensive front next year composed of: Calais Campbell- Brandon Williams- Justin Maubuike? Would be a gorgeous calamity.

• Like 1

It’s unbelievable to me that Grant Delpit might be a realistic option for us to target in round one. More and more he seems to fall into our range, especially if he makes it past Dallas. If he’s there, regardless of need, I’m taking him. Safety is the position in round one outside of IOL that has the highest chance of All Pro/PB and lowest chance of busting. Delpit has some flaws but he’s an All Pro caliber talent for sure that always pops out when watching LSU. Would much rather take Delpit over an ILB in the round, with Delpit we could move Chuck Clark into the nickel more permanently and make the nickel alignment our base. Deshot Elliot would ensure great depth.