2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

7 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I feel like Clyde Edwards-Helaire is going to get comped to Ray Rice a lot......

That’s who I saw when I watched him. I think he’s the perfect RB compliment to what we have. I can’t see us carrying 4 RBs and 3 TEs plus a FB, especially as you’d hope our receivers and Jackson progress together enough to not rely as much on the running game next season, but if we got CEH, I’m sure someone might be willing to trade for Hill come preseason. Really cool guy, but I just don’t see the vision. I worried about it based off his college tape and just hoped it would look better. Though he’s definitely not a bad RB, I could see us upgrading the position with a more explosive pass catching RB. That’s definitely something we’re missing. That diddle diddle up the middle type of impact. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

That’s who I saw when I watched him. I think he’s the perfect RB compliment to what we have. I can’t see us carrying 4 RBs and 3 TEs plus a FB, especially as you’d hope our receivers and Jackson progress together enough to not rely as much on the running game next season, but if we got CEH, I’m sure someone might be willing to trade for Hill come preseason. Really cool guy, but I just don’t see the vision. I worried about it based off his college tape and just hoped it would look better. Though he’s definitely not a bad RB, I could see us upgrading the position with a more explosive pass catching RB. That’s definitely something we’re missing. That diddle diddle up the middle type of impact. 

Yup, just watched some videos on him and I agree with this. A much better fit for our scheme than Justice Hill

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I could, particularly if one of them is replacing a dedicated KR.  On that note, I would love to see us draft Anthony Macfarland from Maryland.  Profiles as a change-of-pace RB who can flex out to the slot and return kicks/punts.  Should be available in 3rd/4th.

Looking at the way he runs, CEH would be perfect for this scheme. I would still like us to find a way to implement Hill more, but it seems he is a much more of a scheme fit in a downhill offense, where he can either follow a fullback and hit the hole hard or get a toss and run straight ahead to break pursuit ankles rather than our scheme with lots of moving parts in front of him.

11 hours ago, Danand said:

Looking at the way he runs, CEH would be perfect for this scheme. I would still like us to find a way to implement Hill more, but it seems he is a much more of a scheme fit in a downhill offense, where he can either follow a fullback and hit the hole hard or get a toss and run straight ahead to break pursuit ankles rather than our scheme with lots of moving parts in front of him.

Yeah, I think Hill’s best fit would be within a zone blocking scheme like the 49ers where he can use his speed to hit the edges on a stretch run. He has the speed to blast past defenders as long as his blockers allow him a bit of daylight. But in a man scheme you’ve got to have a bit more patience and a little more vision. The Minnesota Vikings with Kubiak’s influence would also be a good fit for Hill.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Raekwon Davis a good target for us? As usual I don't actually get too deep into the draftnicking outside of falling in love with a couple of 1st round targets every year. But I see Davis mostly being mocked in the late 1st round range and from what I gather he's a super athletic/talented interior rusher who probably has top 10 talent but for whatever reason didn't fully put it together at Bama. Accurate? 

11 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Is Raekwon Davis a good target for us? As usual I don't actually get too deep into the draftnicking outside of falling in love with a couple of 1st round targets every year. But I see Davis mostly being mocked in the late 1st round range and from what I gather he's a super athletic/talented interior rusher who probably has top 10 talent but for whatever reason didn't fully put it together at Bama. Accurate? 

I think the FO will like him well enough. Good frame, decently athletic, sturdy & refined against the run, with upside as a pass rusher, and obviously you have the Bama label slapped on him. There's a lot to unravel with him as a prospect though. Massive underachiever the past two seasons. I see him as a Mid-Late 2nd/Very Early 3rd Round option for teams right now, and his stock could drop well below that if he bombs the combine. 

Just a solid early round SEC DI option imo, nothing special.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

What he is/was supposed to be is exactly what this defense needs, but I can't say I've really paid that much attention to college football this year

I have seen a little of him, and I would like to see him in our scheme fit, where he would essentially play at Chris Wormleys position. Now what I would have hoped he was, was more of a playmaker that could bring us something with certainty, that Wormley doesn't. So far I wouldn't mind the pick, he seems to do his job, he has the physical nature and frame for the position, I read he is a smart young man when it comes to football, but I don't see a gamewrecker like we did with Simmons last year or a Jerry Tillery who showed the ability to blow up games.

If we want to keep going with the philosophy that we have great coverage in the secondary to give time for our pass rush to get home, Paulson Adebo is a guy I still like at the bottom of the 1. round.

The packer guy in here who does cut ups of players put this out today. It is a pretty decent view on what Adebo is right now and it is pretty clear he is a WR convert, but 2-3 years from now I think he will have developed nicely and he is one of the few outside cornerbacks who looks so comfortable in press man. Could be an heir to Jimmy Smith

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 3:38 PM, DreamKid said:

I love what I've seen from Jalen Reagor so far. Can win deep or underneath, viable on contested opportunities, solid hands, crisp routes, YAC ability, and he can return kicks/punts. Perfect fit for us imo. We need another explosive option besides Marquise, it will make us that much more dangerous and serve as insurance. He'll also be in range of our pick this year with so many other big name WRs in the same class. #KeepReagorInPurple&Black

On 11/16/2019 at 7:16 AM, Danand said:

With what Reagor can do, I think we would need to use our 1. round pick on him to land him. We certainly need an influx of talent at wide receiver. Reagor could also be the returner, I see him as another screen option that could help get short 2. and 3. downs where our running game with Lamar could convert. He wins on routes early and he wins late, he has good balance to make jump ball catches and he does a good job at tracking passes in the air and get under deep throws.

I don't have many issues with what I have seen from him so far, and I think he matches the type of receiver we need to add to the roster. Investing another 1. round pick in a receiver is not something I like though.

Granted his combine performance could significantly impact his “stock” but finishing his season with 600 receiving yards has to be a shot to his value in a deep class. All things considered equal, I still love Smith, but if Raegor and Smith are both on the board together the answer is clear.

In addition to the returner aspect he could bring to the table, he’s also a willing blocker.

I just learned Raegor’s dad played in the NFL, so he’s got legit pro roots. I also hadn’t quite realized just how fast this guy is. He’s likely got speed similar to Tyreek Hill and CJ2K.

There are other wide receivers in this class that I also have stumbled upon that I like such as Michael Pittman Jr. (who has special teams value as well- but not as a return.) and maybe Antonio Gandy-Golden, but I’m not sure if they’re the WRs the Ravens would go for. Clearly they seem to be subscribing to the building a track team around Lamar option.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Granted his combine performance could significantly impact his “stock” but finishing his season with 600 receiving yards has to be a shot to his value in a deep class.

Some people thought he would return to school to heal his wounded stock too. Glad he didn't. It's going to be really interesting seeing how EDC approaches the draft. There's a lot of spots to address on defense, but it feels like there will be some enticing offensive talent available at different windows. And if Roman does leave, maybe DeCosta will feel some type of way about adding more weapons for Lamar. To ease the transition.

• Like 1