2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Its more that he claims team scout said "the decision-makers are heavily focused on drafting pass rushers"  (You have to see the bottom of the image to see it)

I sure hope that is what they are doing. Judon is a do-it-all edge player but not a top tier one - but it seems he wants to be paid like one.

I think Ravens fans are the few who actually consider giving him such a contract. Other fans hope their team doesn't do it.

If we focus on extending the cornerback group, we have a chance to focus on getting two edge players in the draft, so it makes a lot of sense that is the position our FO are keyed in on, if they already know they won't extend Judon

10 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Matt Miller? Eh... I'd rather ask a magic 8 ball draft questions.

Yeah this just reminds me of when those gossip columnists say “Brad and Jen are back together” because it COULD make sense, but probably not.

More likely I think they’re just making assumptions and using the good ole anonymous team source (scout in this case) for views.

While I would love a pass rusher, the team has seemingly made it clear that the secondary has been the higher focus above pass rusher to this point. We have Humphrey and Young signed up, Carr could retire. So we still have a lot of work to building up next years secondary to elite status. Though we do have a lot of picks so I’m sure we will throw a day 2 pick/s at the position.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quincy Roche transferring is definitely a twist. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Meanwhile, everyone's favorite Matt Miller has Curtis Weaver falling to Pick #76....

It's early and projections are all over the place for Weaver, but I think Dante's prediction is approaching the likeliest outcome for him in this article. Also, hits on a lot of the reasons why Weaver should appeal to us Raven fans specifically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Quincy Roche transferring is definitely a twist. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Meanwhile, everyone's favorite Matt Miller has Curtis Weaver falling to Pick #76....

It's early and projections are all over the place for Weaver, but I think Dante's prediction is approaching the likeliest outcome for him in this article. Also, hits on a lot of the reasons why Weaver should appeal to us Raven fans specifically.

Yeah his assessment about matches my own love and then “less love” of Weaver as a prospect. He looked less explosive this season over last for some reason. But it doesn’t matter, he’s got great technical gifts and high football IQ. I think he’s got Terrell Suggs ability where he’ll never be the most dominant pass rusher in the NFL but he could be so consistent that he becomes feared. He fits the personality of this defense and his athleticism I don’t see as a problem as he’s probably similarly explosive (this season) to Matt Judon, only he’s stronger and better from a technical standpoint in run support (holding his edge and attacking ball carriers in the backfield). So I think he could be an upgrade for what we have once Weaver hits his NFL stride. Though if CW can get back to his sophomore level of explosiveness (unless I just didn’t notice his lesser explosion in his 2018 tape) then he could be on a pass rushing level similar to where I expect Bradley Chubb to eventually get to.

I easily would take him if he falls to our 2nd round pick, though I’m not quite sure he would. While a 1st round pick might be too rich for him if his floor is ever all you could get from him considering some of the other 1st round options that could be available. If he falls to the second though, I can’t see him not being a Raven.

• Like 1

I am a sucker for the Curtis Weaver type of profile. I would rather pick weaver than Klavon Chaisson if they both sit there at 32. I know what I get in Weaver, while Chaisson is an insane wild card with sky high potential - but what Weaver does translates.

On 1/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, Danand said:

Javon Scarver anyone? I think we really need a returner in this draft and other prospects like Reagor and Hamler are most likely gone when we pick again in the 2-3 round.

Could Anthony McFarland be an option here?

I have AntMac in my Ravens mock (3rd round). I think he could work in as a returner and also give us another weapon on offense. He’s a different runner than all of the guys we have and could move out to the slot or wing in some sets as well. Incredibly versatile and might have more value to us than many other offenses. 

Edited by sp6488

42 minutes ago, Danand said:

He is too much all over the place and have to be more sound and controlled, but how many times does an oline have a highlight reel dedicated to them?

This guy plays with the power and demeanor we need on offense

Not a fan. Most of his pancakes I’m seeing are blindside type blocks... feel like he’ll be a penalty factory in the NFL. He’s not generally overwhelming guys straight up with his strength and technique. He’s also incredibly bad in the durability department to this point. Against bigger dudes I don’t expect him to get more healthy. For me he’s a solid swipe left.

Think about it

The 2017 Heisman Trophy winner & 2018 #1 overall pick Baker Mayfield's TE Mark Andrews 

2018 Heisman Trophy winner & 2019 #1 overall pick Kyler Murray's WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown

It only seems appropriate that they take Joe Burrow's RB CEH for Lamar.

I'd be fine with drafting him in the second round.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Think about it

The 2017 Heisman Trophy winner & 2018 #1 overall pick Baker Mayfield's TE Mark Andrews 

2018 Heisman Trophy winner & 2019 #1 overall pick Kyler Murray's WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown

It only seems appropriate that they take Joe Burrow's RB CEH for Lamar.

I'd be fine with drafting him in the second round.

He’s Ray Rice incarnate. So much juice. Plus his collegiate workload was nothing compared to Rice. That said he MIGHT fall to the 3rd round with all the RB talent that should go late and push talent down. Another back similar to Rice is Ohio States JK Dobbins. If we go RB those are the two guys that make the most sense.

• Like 1