2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I don't like Delpit and McKinney isn't my favorite prospect either. Injuries is the only thing I am concerned about with Winfield, but he is a very sound tackler, great in all sorts of coverage and a big time playmaker.

You might like Geno Stone out of Iowa.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, DreamKid said:

I think Baun to Seattle at 27 could be a lock. They have a need and are known to employ athletic thresholds for their pass rushers. Baun aced his testing and it's easy to see Seattle trying to slide him into that Bruce Irvin role for their defense. 

True. Epenesa’s terrible combine has sent waves. I never had him above Baun and YGM as I thought both were superior talents. But him falling has made YGM more viable at the middle of the draft, which has now made Baun the pass rusher to go right before our slot.

FWIW I would trade a 5th round pick to secure Baun in that scenario.

That said finally took a look at Denzel Mims and I certainly wouldn’t be against taking him at the end of the 1st now. Looks like a good fit within our system as he possesses a similar build and playing style to Miles Boykin. The difference being Mims is better at the catch point, he has more violent hands to create separation, and has superior football instincts.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Roughly how I see it. Tbqh I still have Baun above Chaisson though in terms of ability to this point, K’Lavon has more athleticism and is roughly 3 years younger so that likely gives him the edge in ‘potential’. Baun is 23 years old (not sure if he JUST turned 23 or if he’s turning 24 this year with a late birthday.) and Chaisson is 20, turning 21 this year. So it’s at least 2 1/2 years though.

With YGM have to think once he tests he will he rated right around Baun, like I currently have it. He just turned 22 and has the additional year of youth and development... so I might give him an edge when it’s all said and done. 

Edited by diamondbull424
Autocorrect test to rest
  • Like 1

Anyone have strong feelings about about who the team might pick in a certain Round(s)?

For me it's,

Round 2: Terrell Lewis EDGE Alabama

&

Round 4/5: John Hightower WR Boise State

Just seems like something we'd do and guys the FO will like. You have the Boom/Bust Bama EDGE in the 2nd, and the later round shot at a burner WR.

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Baun is 23 years old (not sure if he JUST turned 23 or if he’s turning 24 this year with a late birthday.) and Chaisson is 20, turning 21 this year. So it’s at least 2 1/2 years though.

Where did you get that? All I've seen is that is birthday is 12/30/?.

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

With YGM have to think once he rests he will he rated right around Baun, like I currently have it. He just turned 22 and has the additional year of youth and development... so I might give him an edge when it’s all said and done. 

YGM's stock is hard to pin down. As is Okwara's, who I think our FO will like as well.

After Young, who we know is a Top 3 lock, this EDGE class is hard to predict. I'm growing more and more confident that Baun is EDGE 3 for most teams though. 1. Young  2. Chaisson 3. Baun - Now it gets interesting - Should either be YGM or Epenesa at 4, but who knows how much AJ's testing dropped him with some FOs, and are the off field accusations surrounding YGM being taken seriously/into consideration? Then you have Josh Uche who could blow up his pro day and really ascend. 

Outside of Sweat's heart condition and the Seahawks drafting Collier, that 2019 class was so much easier to place stock wise. 

Edited by DreamKid

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Where did you get that? All I've seen is that is birthday is 12/30/?.

Well then you have the part of the equation I haven’t been able to unlock (partly because I didn’t care enough to pay for it). But to answer your question white pages pro. My former sales manager had a premium membership and would use it to track down pertinent info for prospecting (if the info couldn’t be found otherwise) potential clients.

While I refuse to pay the $15/month for a premium account, Zack Baun’s birth record is a public record that COULD be found if I really wanted. Just have to search the greater Wisconsin region for any Zack Baun and any such aliases or (Zackary or Zachary) Bauns’ will pop up.

With just a standard search however I think there were like 1-2 that popped up. One was in his 40s and the other was 23 years old. Putting two and two together, there is about a 95% chance this is our draft prospect Zack Baun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well then you have the part of the equation I haven’t been able to unlock (partly because I didn’t care enough to pay for it). But to answer your question white pages pro. My former sales manager had a premium membership and would use it to track down pertinent info for prospecting (if the info couldn’t be found otherwise) potential clients.

While I refuse to pay the $15/month for a premium account, Zack Baun’s birth record is a public record that COULD be found if I really wanted. Just have to search the greater Wisconsin region for any Zack Baun and any such aliases or (Zackary or Zachary) Bauns’ will pop up.

With just a standard search however I think there were like 1-2 that popped up. One was in his 40s and the other was 23 years old. Putting two and two together, there is about a 95% chance this is our draft prospect Zack Baun.

Wow, good sleuthing DB.

Here's the database I've been using - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit#gid=1274523929

It's FF's own Calhoun Lambeau's and this year he's partnered with Mark Jarvis from 'What's on Draft'. Don't ask me about some of the prospect rankings O.o, Mark who does them definitely has an outlier opinion on some guys.

So if Baun turned 23 at the end of December, he's actually in okay shape age wise. That's not so bad for a 5SR. And it means he's a couple weeks younger than Jaylon Ferguson was when we drafted him last year. Jaylon turned 24 during his Rookie year too. Traditionally the Ravens don't give a F&*% about drafting over aged players, they take one or more almost every year it seems. 

• Like 1