2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

4 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

based on talent available in this draft i'd expect ILB/EDGE to be the 1st round pick

While I agree with you, this is the kind of draft where an OL definitely wouldn’t surprise me now either. Though ideally we would wait for the 2nd/3rd round to go in that direction. That said if a guy like Andrew Thomas falls I certainly wouldn’t be against using him as a dominant LG with legit OT versatility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

So what’s everyone’s top list of draft needs after yesterday’s signings? I’d go

IOL

EDGE

ILB

WR

CB

I think that's roughly right, but I'd make it tiered with a gap in after EDGE and before ILB/WR/CB

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

While I agree with you, this is the kind of draft where an OL definitely wouldn’t surprise me now either. Though ideally we would wait for the 2nd/3rd round to go in that direction. That said if a guy like Andrew Thomas falls I certainly wouldn’t be against using him as a dominant LG with legit OT versatility.

I have fantasized about this as well. I don't think it is out of question that he could fall into our range, and I think he could be a really good guard. Imo he is the best LT prospect right now, while teams may think the other talents can jump him due to a higher ceiling.

7 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

So what’s everyone’s top list of draft needs after yesterday’s signings? I’d go

Tier 1 (Ideally filled within first 3 rounds)
EDGE, IOL, ILB

Tier 2
WR, CB, S

Tier 3 (late pick or maybe a cheap vet)
TE, KR, RB,

WGJ is one to watch for us. Strong strong coverage LB with sideline to sideline range. Monster athlete. Character issues will allow him to fall, they aren't the kind we tend to care about though. Cheated on a test and got into a fight with the team's QB.

As we continue to accumulate Day 2 picks, the chances of him becoming a Raven increase. Perfect fit for our rotation as a coverage piece, but he has the upside to develop far beyond that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

WGJ is one to watch for us. Strong strong coverage LB with sideline to sideline range. Monster athlete. Character issues will allow him to fall, they aren't the kind we tend to care about though. Cheated on a test and got into a fight with the team's QB.

As we continue to accumulate Day 2 picks, the chances of him becoming a Raven increase. Perfect fit for our rotation as a coverage piece, but he has the upside to develop far beyond that.

I have not watched tape on him yet but just based off of these short clips, he might be my new second round addition... and I say second only because come draft day the cream tends to rise to the top and I’m not a big fan of Kenneth Murray, if WGJ or some other ILB stands out (will be looking at a few new names), than with our current set of needs and picks, would rather we not let him potentially fall to the waste side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m not a big fan of Kenneth Murray,

So far Kenneth Murray is the only player mocked to us where I just go "F&ck I don't want that guy". He just screams Arthur Brown 2.0 to me. Severe issues with him on tape that I just can't reconcile.

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

if WGJ or some other ILB stands out (will be looking at a few new names), than with our current set of needs and picks, would rather we not let him potentially fall to the waste side.

Let me know what you think of Malik Harrison. He's a riser that could be in play for us.

• Like 1

So I’m watching WGJr tape and the first tape I selected almost had me do a double take, put on his Louisville film and for a moment on the offensive side of the ball I thought Lamar Jackson was playing... this kid Micale Cunningham, while not as durable as Jackson was in college, seems to have legit 4.3 speed and finished with a passer rating above 190. This guy looks like he’s going to be a legit 2021 Heisman candidate and a legit problem in the league.

Only two games I could watch of WGJ were his 2018 Alabama and his 2019 Louisville. Wanted to verify my POV before sharing. I think Gay reminds me a lot of Kenneth Murray to be quite honest. Both seem to struggle in diagnosing plays and taking poor angles to ball carriers. They have tremendous sideline to sideline speed but their instincts are consistently putting them in less than optimal positions. With WGJ I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that front a little bit due to the fact that he hasn’t played in as many games and perhaps that means he’s got more development potential. That and I think he’s probably a little better in coverage over Murray, but I see similar players. Neither would be my favorite player. With Gay I see a lot of Peanut in his game, I don’t think he’s ever going to be the guy you want playing all three downs and wearing the green dot.