Twitter Workout Stuff (Foster down, cart out)

Brian23

38 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

what about moving ryan anderson to ILB?

I’ve always felt this was a savvy move. Dude is strong and aggressive. Could be a thumper to anchor the D... it sure how he would fare diagnosing plays, in coverage, etc. 

6 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I’ve always felt this was a savvy move. Dude is strong and aggressive. Could be a thumper to anchor the D... it sure how he would fare diagnosing plays, in coverage, etc. 

I think they should have tried this when he was a rookie. If they do it now, he'd just be Mason's back up, but I guess better later than never. Better to take advantage of Mason's knowledge now rather than waiting until he's gone.

If we did move Anderson time ilb to learn under Mason then I'd hope to hell they'd finally re-sign Galette to split time and to help develop Sweat.

25 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Chiefs just changed to a 4-3,Ragland doesn't fit the scheme. Would love to get him .

Ragland can certainly play Mike ILB in a 4-3 for 2 downs and then be replaced by a more athletic LB on 3rd and long. 4-3 Mike is not any different than a 3-4 Mike.

13 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

That's not what Buffalo thought.

Buffalo moved him also bc they had other LBs, they had 4 good LBs a few years ago. Preston Brown (coming off a good rookie year), Zach Brown, Zo and Ragland. Ragland was coming off a torn ACL from his rookie year and was the only one they thought they could trade for something.

Any big MLB can be a two down thumper.

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Jon Boston, Stephone Anthony, Manti Teo, and Will Compton I believe are all available

im not gonna lie I think Compton was super underrated and was also a fan favorite. Would like to see them sign him

Will Compton could not start on any other team in the league. He was a mercy signing for the Titans. They needed someone with experience. He was not super underrated as much as he just was not super and he was definitely not a fan favorite. 

Josh Bynes would be a great pick up if they ever decided to get their head out of their arsse. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Josh Bynes would be a great pick up if they ever decided to get their head out of their arsse. 

Bynes will be 30 before the season starts and ran a 4.81s 40 in his athletic prime.  He's basically Mason Foster.  I doubt we double down on slow sideline to sideline guys.  We'd be gashed horizontally even more than we already are.

I'm sure we would have signed him had this injury happened to the other Foster though...

• Like 1

They're stupid if they don't sign Jon Bostic, Stephone Anthony or Manti Teo but at the same time Jay & Manusky love Mason Foster, his knowledge of the defense and his leadership. If I had to guess they'll sign Zack Vigil to compete for a back up spot or no ILBs and just role with SDH, JHC and Holcolmb competing to start opposite Mason.

57 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Foster's injury sound very serious . I have seen the words "nerves and arteries" in addition to the torn ACL. 

That’s awful. Hopefully it’s nothing like that but, medicine has come a long way. Some thought that Jaylon Smith wouldn’t play again but he played like a pro bowler last year.

Edited by turtle28

56 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Foster's injury sound very serious . I have seen the words "nerves and arteries" in addition to the torn ACL. 

It's why I said he's done. I obviously haven't seen his injury. But an ACL recovery is bad enough. If he had nerve and arterial damage? It could be 2-3 more years before he plays again. IF...he plays again.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's why I said he's done. I obviously haven't seen his injury. But an ACL recovery is bad enough. If he had nerve and arterial damage? It could be 2-3 more years before he plays again. IF...he plays again.

Depends on his work ethic and how bad it is. Jaylon Smith came back and is now a pro bowl caliber LB for the Cowboys. It did take him two years to get back on the field though. 

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

Depends on how work ethic and how bad it is. Jaylon Smith came back and is now a pro bowl caliber LB for the Cowboys. It did take him two years to get back on the field though. 

Which was my point. IF it's not too bad where he can play again, I don't expect to see him in a Redskins uniform in 2020 either. But hopefully it's not too serious.

• Like 1