Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

35 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Dingo

He is lying. He is doing his stirring chaos once again. 

What's the point of causing chaos on D1? If you remember I waited until D2 to go full ham on my Orca lynch. 

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So now you have both slipped. 

My main wincon is to save the earth. Which is greater than just the mafia. Probably gotta kill Dingo also. 

Eliminate all threats to the earth. Nobody said anything about saving it... 

18 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Pretty sure he was talking about Matt’s?

No, Malf. It’s after 2 and I’m out and on my phone. I’ll maybe do some quotes from my computer tomorrow. It’s like the last game or two ago that I played where I said he was playing like PR and he was mafia. 

Counselor:

Counselor had a poor entrance to the thread.  Mostly because he was greeted by me.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:06 AM, SwAg said:

I'm sure your teammates would like for me to be the bigger person too.

Counselor

On 5/24/2019 at 9:08 AM, Counselor said:

Look my character sucks enough. I’m Green/Avenger Aligned once again because no one wants me to ever be scum. I’ve been scum once outright and one other time I was converted. I think Racks is punishing me. But if you want to target me you trash bag.

Swag

He followed it up by responding in a guilty fashion to Dome's remark that was addressed to me, rather than him.

Green Aligned.  Declared his character sucks.  Later soft-claimed with the Pixie Cut remark.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:24 AM, Dome said:

Hey guys, we got two of ‘em.

This is 100% an early game post that mission points at a teammate. Guarantee it.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:25 AM, Counselor said:

Then cast your vote on me. I’d love to be your first mislynch. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:26 AM, Dome said:

What?

On 5/24/2019 at 9:28 AM, Counselor said:

If you believe you’ve “got two of em”. Put your money where your mouth is and vote me. I’ve said I’m town. Most of you trash how bad of a player I am but most can’t ever read me successfully. So come on. You’ve got me. Step up to the plate. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:42 AM, Dome said:

I dislike that counselor reaction more than I disliked missions comment. And that was a hunnit read. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:26 AM, SwAg said:

Guilty conscience.

Counselor assumed the guilty connection was between him and Mission. 

Then, Counselor had a list of scum that included five people.  

On 5/24/2019 at 4:09 PM, Counselor said:

Whoooooooottttttt!!!!!

Scum List is as follows. 

LBC

Matts

Swag

Forge

Danger

Alone, not that significant, but again, five is oddly specific.  As Touch pointed out.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:36 PM, theuntouchable said:

How cute, I question why counselor would randomly come out with a 5 person scum list and then he wants to vote me. 

Peculiar? 

I think so. 

The concept is that Counselor knows that there are five Mafia instead of six.  The information was in the OP, which Counselor could have said, but he opted to simply not do so.  Instead, he simply didn't respond to it, and then went after Touch.

Counselor issued a soft claim for his character, which is largely meaningless because scum would definitely have fakes to prevent a 1-2-3 everyone roleclaim game.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, Counselor said:

I’ll try and explain later. I’m getting a pixie cut right now. 

Now, after PM Gate, he is coming out after the fact to declare knowledge of the win condition.  Piggybacking off of matts, and openly brandishing it after abstaining from the initial PM Game.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

So now you have both slipped. 

My main wincon is to save the earth. Which is greater than just the mafia. Probably gotta kill Dingo also. 

58 minutes ago, Counselor said:

This proves Matt’s is not scum.

56 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I am Avenger Aligned and have one WC. I don’t get the Avengers having more than one. 

Other Notes: Counselor is aware of his meta, and playing it up.  See the Micro game with Touch as his partner there.

Side Note:  Danger/Utley also fit because of Utley's post about who is Counselor, and Danger rage quit after matts seemingly condemned Counselor to death with his Green slip while also clearing himself in a way Danger thought was too meta for the game.

Dome/Mission:

On 5/24/2019 at 9:20 AM, mission27 said:

Swag im gunning for ya buddy

On 5/24/2019 at 9:24 AM, Dome said:

Hey guys, we got two of ‘em.

This is 100% an early game post that mission points at a teammate. Guarantee it.

This is Dome's entrance to the thread.  So, let's engage in Malfatron's favorite inquiry: why would Mafia say this?

My theory is that Dome and Mission are Mafia together.  This interaction serves multiple purposes to position themselves.

One, Dome (and scum in general) is well aware that I have a substantial thread presence.  I am not an easy mislynch.  And, right, wrong, or indifferent, in light of the end of the last game, people might be a bit more skittish about making the same mistake.  Why is this relevant?  It plants the seed that I am connected to Mission in the event Mission is lynched or modkilled, an occurrence that is hardly unlikely given Mission's perpetual mediocrity and liability status.  Thus, it puts a chink in my thread armor to be exploited since they're not going to win a lynch argument with me absent something to exploit, or at least not win it without sustaining losses that make it impossible to justify the cost of the fight.  Instead of waiting and hoping for one, they created it.

Two, I am hardly an unpopular N1 target.  In fact, I've been killed N1 in both games Dome was Mafia and I was in the game.  If Dome and Mission are Mafia, they know I'm not Mafia.  Thus, if I'm killed and flip Town, then Missions gets a degree of good faith because: Look, Mission was connected to SwAg and SwAg is Town.  Even if I'm protected and survive the hit this effect is accomplished (because it's hard write-up evidence that I'm not Mafia, which is subconsciously imputed to Mission).

Three, and this goes beyond this interaction, look into who Dome is defending and attacking.  Dome is punching downward for the most part.  He is hardly punching laterally, and is not punching upward.  This is a tactic to play as Mafia while mitigating the risk of absorbing a hard gut punch with a heavy hitter.  In this interaction he only engaged me indirectly.  Then, I antagonized him once more, and he took the joke route.  

Who else has Dome interacted with? Primarily matts, Malfatron, TKN, Counselor, and myself.

Read the rest of this page.  Counselor slips up with the guilty conscience, and Dome moves on from it thereafter.  He has blanked on Counselor since declaring he disliked his reaction.

Since then, Dome has primarily kept Malfatron and matts in the forefront of the game.  The effects of that is keeping someone other than Counselor in the spotlight, ingratiating himself with Town if Malfatron is not Mafia, or since his last post about Malfatron ingratiating himself as Town if Malfatron is Mafia.  The reason I feel it is an act right now is that, despite what Dome says, he does not value my life on D1.  He tried to get me lynched in Reservoir Dogs Mafia on D1 on arguably less than what Malfatron has before him.

So, how else is Counselor related to this?  Dome expressed concern for those dropping character claims and hints.  The appearance of caution for scum with fake claims, while not pursuing it.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:16 PM, Dome said:

@Matts4313 i see some notable omissions from that list, which is expected. But that makes me nervous about all the potential fake claims there will be.

If there's a strong fake claim, that person might be eager to get that out there. Which honestly has nothing to do with my read on you as you'd do that either way but it is funny given the context.

I think we need to look out for people who are dropping hints about their character early.

People should claim abilities before characters IMO

Does anyone disagree with that?

Know who dropped a character hint?  Mr. Pixie Cut.  Know who Dome isn't talking about at all?  Mr. Pixie Cut.

The flaw I have here is that I actually thought his approach on TKN made sense.  

Ragnarok:

On 5/24/2019 at 11:34 AM, Ragnarok said:

I could see that.

No, but we might hold a grudge for this post.

Hhmmm.

Woe

Bcb never keeps his word.

True.

Dont worry, no one thinks you are clear. 

Witch.

Morning all.

This is Ragnarok's entrance to the thread.  The bold is endorsing Dome's statement about mission and I.  This is furthering the appearance of a connection between Mission and I, and signaling that he will move on it.

Ragnarok's other thread contributions are primarily (1) artificially useful (e.g., discussion of mechanics or theme); (2) off-topic posting.  Compare to The Wire, where Ragnarok is also Mafia.  All of this is dispersed throughout the thread while bona fide substantive conversation is occurring.  The closest Ragnarok has come to a substantive contribution is ribbing related to role-claiming / PM Game.  It is reminiscent of what I said then:

On 10/30/2018 at 1:16 PM, SwAg said:

I’m convinced Ragnarok is Mafia.  He is too reliant on his old scum schtick of no necessity to contribute early and waffling between: I’m not going to have real gameplay and he has to warm up.  Guarantee, three days from now, homeboy is still doing the same thing, except now claiming he is having a bad game because all his scum reads are rolling over Town.

So, when Ragnarok is not NK'd, and is continuously and inexplicably "wrong" on his reads or otherwise choosing incorrectly on all of the critical thread developments.

Also, you may recall I have accused Ragnarok of being Mafia in a few games.  When this occurs, Ragnarok has been prone to declare himself unreadable and dismiss me as "always calling him Mafia."  Or, at least he does that when he's Town.  The games where he didn't do that?  The Wire and Gopher's game.  Ragnarok was Mafia in The Wire and the converted Killer in Gopher's game.  Ragnarok has not even remarked on my listing him this game.  He's going to come in here and tell you he didn't do that because: something-something, it is pointless.

You know what he has done, though?  He liked posts of me accusing him.  He also liked a post of Touch accusing Counselor of having a scum retort.  The issue is that the retort Touch characterized as a scum retort is the one that Ragnarok has been guilty of multiple times as Town.  As Town, Ragnarok maintained that it was not a scummy response.  Thus, Ragnarok does not actually believe it is a scum tell, but is pushing it as such. 

He is low-key endorsing Counselor as Mafia, while not committing to it in a way that would further the lynch prospects of Counselor.

I invited people to re-read Ragnarok's posts.

So, that's where I'm at in my view of the game.

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m sorry but if he has the same WC worded the same as me it proves it to me. Unless Scum is made aware of our WC. That throws a whole other wrench into things.

I hope you are purposely playing terrible. 

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

@Matts4313 you are missing my hints too

I dont read your post thoroughly. 

3 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I said it 50 pages ago.  Matts could have asked the host for and received a generic town PM.  Thus allowing him to attempt the easy lolclear.  

JFC SMH. 

You still dont get the mounted evidence that there is 0% chance that I am mafia. 

I didnt even use the Civ PM to LOLclear myself. Are you even following the effing game? I used my role knowledge in the very early parts. I said that ish like 50 pages ago too........

The only time the civ PM thing got brought up was win Malf asked in thread who do the Civs win the game. I said that ish like 50 pages ago too.............

****** read the damn thread. Its all there. Then you and Dome dont have to make stupid arse comments like "He said the civs" instead of "us Civs" even though I can be included in the word "the".

"the American race" <=== Look i am still inclusive. 

You and dome over here being Harry and Loyd. 

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Balanced for risk if incorrect and strength of evidence: Counselor (ton of evidence) > Mission (no risk) > Dome (circumstantial evidence, decent risk) = Ragnarok (same).

No risk my ask Theranos boy 

I’ll come after you like a freight train after a hyena on the plains of Africa 

There will be consequences for your indiscretion 

You’ve been warned

Archived