Bleacher Report Ranks all 32 Team's WR corps

MKnight82

17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Redskins are dead last, way to go Bruce!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837387-ranking-every-nfl-receiving-corps-heading-into-the-2019-season#slide1

Receivers: Josh Doctson, Paul Richardson Jr., Trey Quinn, Terry McLaurin, Brian Quick, Kelvin Harmon, Robert Davis, Jehu Chesson, Cam Sims, Darvin Kidsy, T.J. Rahming, Steven Sims

Tight Ends: Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle, Manasseh Garner, Matt Flanagan, J.P Holtz

Thankfully, the Washington Redskins feature a talented backfield because their receiver corps leaves much to be desired. The team will go into the 2019 campaign with a new starting quarterback—whether it's Case Keenum or Dwayne Haskins—and very little help on the outside. 

Doctson is well on his way to earning bust status. The 2016 first-round pick set career highs last season with a meager 44 receptions for 532 yards. Richardson has played all 16 games only once in his five-year career. 

Unless McLaurin, the organization's third-round pick, continues his rapport with Haskins from their collegiate days, Reed will be the only reliable weapon in Washington's passing attack. The tight end led the team last season with 54 receptions for 558 yards. Unfortunately, he's never stayed healthy and has missed 17 games over the last three seasons. 

Washington's passing attack could set the league back 20 years. 

KYTg2-quuyqP-zLKMfka_sDr5dobvXkPquAZ9rYP

While I agree with you I’m going to live in denial a bit more and try to say something righteous and hopeful:  remember the Redskins Super Bowl 83- our wide receivers were

Charlie Brown dDNY1QE5xlDw_ItvFE6dwgPwOOimfx0PDm00RCeQ

Alvin Garrett

9UGj2m6_hAQ9F5o5k4lOnDCX8Icg-6VqarAchSb3

and Virgil Seay 

vS2pCS1b6TVnHq88C55VolJSXT2i-azWCyGpDPgk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s highly, highly unlikely. Just bc the fans don’t like PRich & Doctson and they aren’t great starters doesn’t mean that McLaurin and especially Harmon could start.

IMO there’s NO chance either of our rookies are starters, unless you consider the slot position a starter and McLaurin beats out Quinn.

Notice the word "could". 

And yes, with us not picking up Doctson's option and if he continues to underwhelm, why wouldn't we see the coaches try someone else there?

BTW...before you go on a rant, notice the word IF in my sentence. Which works with the word COULD

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Notice the word "could". 

And yes, with us not picking up Doctson's option and if he continues to underwhelm, why wouldn't we see the coaches try someone else there?

BTW...before you go on a rant, notice the word IF in my sentence. Which works with the word COULD

I hear you but I often don’t see a lot of “COULD’s & IF’s” In this forum. Instead you see a lot of “there’s no way.” Like it’s definitive that our players won’t be good and I just don’t believe that. We have talent at the WR position, last year was not a good year for our passing game for a number of different reasons but that doesn’t mean it will be the same this year, but it definitely COULD be the case. ;) 

We need some of the kids to step up and become real NFL players . Quinn, Kidsy, Sims, McLaurin, Maybe the really small kid from Duke -Rahming or the other Sims ( Steven ) .

I had hopes for Robert Davis but not so much now - devastating leg injury last year. I'm kinda writing him off . I think we'll be ---adequate -- at wideout . I'm hoping anyway . 

On 5/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, turtle28 said:

I hear you but I often don’t see a lot of “COULD’s & IF’s” In this forum. Instead you see a lot of “there’s no way.” Like it’s definitive that our players won’t be good and I just don’t believe that. We have talent at the WR position, last year was not a good year for our passing game for a number of different reasons but that doesn’t mean it will be the same this year, but it definitely COULD be the case. ;) 

Kind of like: "IMO there’s NO chance either of our rookies are starters"?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:41 PM, RSkinGM said:

I think we'll be ---adequate -- at wideout . I'm hoping anyway . 

If the wide out corps turns out to be "adequate," they had better give Hilliard and O'Connell big holiday bonus checks.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:41 PM, RSkinGM said:

We need some of the kids to step up and become real NFL players . Quinn, Kidsy, Sims, McLaurin, Maybe the really small kid from Duke -Rahming or the other Sims ( Steven ) .

I had hopes for Robert Davis but not so much now - devastating leg injury last year. I'm kinda writing him off . I think we'll be ---adequate -- at wideout . I'm hoping anyway . 

I wouldnt sleep on Davis. His injury was horrible but have you seen the vids he has posted in the offseason? Kid looks as big as metcalf, super strong and highly doubt he can be jammed much at the line. if he can maintain good speed then he has a shot. he ran good routes and has good hands. If he can only stay healthy, im pulling for the kid

Mclaurin, Harmon, Sims, Quinn, and Davis are all young and have a lot of potential just not a lot of seasoning and experience. I honestly want to see us carry 6 WRs with either Doctson or Prich not making it. but in all honesty I thin k they will make it. I think both are done in the burgendy and gold after this season

• Like 2

Due to the injury history of Richardson, the unreliability of Doctson, and the lack of track record of the rest of the corps(*), there's a big window of opportunity for a bunch of guys.

(*) Excluding Brian Quick, who should be excluded in short order as he is a JAG player. The rest of the corps might be something more than a JAG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

http://clutchpoints.com/one-free-agent-the-washington-redskins-should-still-target-this-

offseason/

I'm all in on bringing Garcon' back. He's a real pro-could be to the wideouts what Peterson is to the R B's . I would think he'd be pretty cheap- don't expect his phone is ringing to often. 

I’ll pass. All he’ll do is cost a younger player a roster spot. If it were me I’d find a way to get rid of either Richardson or Docston. But both would be off the roster by 2020 if it was my choice. And the sad thing is I actually like Doctson but I just don’t see him ever evolving at this point. He’s going to bounce around the league and be out in couple years after he leaves the Redskins. 

• Like 1

Robert Davis,  Dockson, Richardson, Kelvin Harmon,. McLaurin, Quinn,  Cam Sims and Darvin Kidsy . 8 Guys, we'll carry 6 or 7 maybe .

IF ,, he's 100% healthy-and the price is right,  I'd take Garcon' over the bottom two - Probably Kidsy and Davis.

They can be P S fillers . 

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Robert Davis,  Dockson, Richardson, Kelvin Harmon,. McLaurin, Quinn,  Cam Sims and Darvin Kidsy . 8 Guys, we'll carry 6 or 7 maybe .

IF ,, he's 100% healthy-and the price is right,  I'd take Garcon' over the bottom two - Probably Kidsy and Davis.

They can be P S fillers . 

But is it worth bringing in Garcon to be the 5th or 6th option? Keep in mind you have to distribute practice reps to these guys.