2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

Did you watch the short and intermediate throws he made (more like missed) at the combine? Dude was in shorts with no defense to worry about and wasn't good. Herbert is going to struggle if he starts right away (same for all QBs except Burrow). 

I have Love ranked higher than Herbert mainly for the higher ceiling. But, yes, there are some flaws in his game. 

you got your opinion, I have mine. you like love better, no problem...I don't. period. time will tell bro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s horrible! What is this stuff? 
I was into NWA, Tupac, Big L as a young adult but years in prison has made me literally despise rap.... on so many levels.  
I don’t care if other people listen, I’m just all about I and I alone want no part of hearing it or about it anymore.

but for the sake of youtube scouting I’d really prefer if some older stuff was on the videos so at least my ears don’t cringe as I quickly scramble to mute the sound.

be better for me if it was FFDP (especially for defensive highlights!LOL!) btw, stupid side note, since they`re a vegas based band that's who I`d love to see open up the new stadium for us.....that would be insane. it`ll never happen tho, theyre too hardcore for the nfl I`d bet. but they are the best known band to call vegas their home.

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

Did you watch the short and intermediate throws he made (more like missed) at the combine? Dude was in shorts with no defense to worry about and wasn't good. Herbert is going to struggle if he starts right away (same for all QBs except Burrow). 

I have Love ranked higher than Herbert mainly for the higher ceiling. But, yes, there are some flaws in his game. 

I’m going to try and buy up some LiberaL “not my president” t-shirts and bring them to my buddy who runs a tshirt printing company change it to “not my QB” and add Loves photo.

in all seriousness, I’ll ask you cuz your a respectable guy around here who has good takes, I value your opinions:

how do you get past Love’s Ints? 
cuz to me it ain’t just the number, I’ve watched every single one of them and their BAD INTs! And if you watch the plays their mostly all on him exclusively.  Herbert might be 1 year away from starting, but if that’s true Loves definitely 2 lol.  Such poor understanding of coverages and decision making.  It’s like really bad.  Jeff George has arm talent... 2 cent brain though.  Just having good mechanics and arm strength is just a bare minimum qualifier to be a good QB,,,, brains are what separates the levels of guys.

so seriously please let me know why you like love so much... I really try and see the other side of things when people are reasonable

4 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

be better for me if it was FFDP (especially for defensive highlights!LOL!) btw, stupid side note, since they`re a vegas based band that's who I`d love to see open up the new stadium for us.....that would be insane. it`ll never happen tho, theyre too hardcore for the nfl I`d bet. but they are the best known band to call vegas their home.

I didn’t know that, interesting.

honestly you know what genre I like?

Quiet! Lol after years of living 150 to a tier and 24/7 loudness I love quiet! I can’t stand music on while i drive even.  I’m a weirdo like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m going to try and buy up some LiberaL “not my president” t-shirts and bring them to my buddy who runs a tshirt printing company change it to “not my QB” and add Loves photo.

in all seriousness, I’ll ask you cuz your a respectable guy around here who has good takes, I value your opinions:

how do you get past Love’s Ints? 
cuz to me it ain’t just the number, I’ve watched every single one of them and their BAD INTs! And if you watch the plays their mostly all on him exclusively.  Herbert might be 1 year away from starting, but if that’s true Loves definitely 2 lol.  Such poor understanding of coverages and decision making.  It’s like really bad.  Jeff George has arm talent... 2 cent brain though.  Just having good mechanics and arm strength is just a bare minimum qualifier to be a good QB,,,, brains are what separates the levels of guys.

so seriously please let me know why you like love so much... I really try and see the other side of things when people are reasonable

I see Love as being similar to a Donovan McNabb (with better accuracy). Donovan wasn't the best at reading coverages either, but could make the off script plays in key moments of games (Love has this quality). Love is more of a gunslinger than Donovan was and I have a soft spot for gunslinger type QBs. With decent to good weapons and a QB guru coach, he can be successful. 

With all this said, Love has the highest bust potential in this QB class too. It's the reason I won't give him a 1st round grade. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I see Love as being similar to a Donovan McNabb (with better accuracy). Donovan wasn't the best at reading coverages either, but could make the off script plays in key moments of games (Love has this quality). Love is more of a gunslinger than Donovan was and I have a soft spot for gunslinger type QBs. With decent to good weapons and a QB guru coach, he can be successful. 

With all this said, Love has the highest bust potential in this QB class too. It's the reason I won't give him a 1st round grade. 

While I just personally don’t see the McNabb comparison I respect where your coming from.  Overall I agree he’s got too many issues to take until mid-late 1st round at earliest.

just for fun and discussion I went back and watched the combine throwing, Herbert was off on his first slant and rec had to slow up once for a long ball, love had one short throw off target and rec had to slow up for one deep ball.lol  and mcnabb imo had a way better college career overall, and was a way better pocket passer. my favorite outta that vaunted 99 class easily, although I will admit my #2 was McNown.....oops.lol

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

While I just personally don’t see the McNabb comparison I respect where your coming from.  Overall I agree he’s got too many issues to take until mid-late 1st round at earliest.

I am struggling to think of a good comp for him. Mahomes is not a good comp because Mahomes had (as a prospect) a better feel for coverages. I guess Brett Favre would be better. Lots of INTs due to forcing things. 

9 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

just for fun and discussion I went back and watched the combine throwing, Herbert was off on his first slant and rec had to slow up once for a long ball, love had one short throw off target and rec had to slow up for one deep ball.lol  and mcnabb imo had a way better college career overall, and was a way better pocket passer. my favorite outta that vaunted 99 class easily, although I will admit my #2 was McNown.....oops.lol

Don't feel bad. I actually liked Akili Smith.... That was before I knew anything.... 

5 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I am struggling to think of a good comp for him. Mahomes is not a good comp because Mahomes had (as a prospect) a better feel for coverages. I guess Brett Favre would be better. Lots of INTs due to forcing things. 

It’s all good. Sometimes players are just unique, ya know?  
I just feel the chase to compete with Mahomes and the “keeping up with the Jones” effect (KC won with Mahones, let’s find the next Mahomes!) is what is propping yo his draft stock, to some people.

one last question.... so the ints: there’s a ton of them LY and they were bad decision and understandIng of coverages and not the spinned version I’ve been hearing of: “he had no help, he was losing, he had to try to make a play!”.  That’s a false account of what happened on the int’s, for the most part.  

so for you to like him over Herbert how do you reconcile those INTs?

7 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I could live with Hurts in the lower rounds. But I hope this is a smoke screen. 

I could live with Hurts in the 3rd as an offensive weapon. Before the season began I had him as an RB--I flirted with the idea of him as a QB but I just don't see a path to success even if a team goes full Lamar with him for some reason. I don't think he has an NFL arm.

Edited by Rich7sena

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not parroting anyone. I’ve been confident Love goes before Herbert this entire off season, dating back to my first mock in Mid-Jan in the Mock Section. In none of my mocks has Herbert gone before Love. If anything, I thought the combine helped Herbert. 

Just going to gloss over all the facts with the rest of the post?

It's been the "cool" thing to crap on Herbert for months, so congrats on following the in crowd. 

Herbert was the best QB at the senior bowl all week. Best QB at the combine this past week. If someone takes him over Love, it's purely on projection. Herbert is a much better QB today and can start for a team tomorrow. Love has raw tools, but has to show he can learn an NFL offense and read NFL defenses before he steps on a field. 

Love is Josh Allen (who you want Herbert to be) coming out. Arm talent, small school guy with a lot of traits but raw.

• Like 1