2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Wht binds them is there are all good athletes with strong but inaccurate arms and flawed throwing mechanics and poor footwork. 

The reason they don't crash and burn is they have the ability to ad lib and coaches have very little pro film on them. Sometimes they get one year and NFL defenses figure it out or sometimes it takes 2 or 3 years. It's at that point they start to rely more on their athleticism and them they crash and burn.

I fully expect Mahomes career to unfold like Kaepernick's. The difference being he won his Superbowl while Kaepernick lost his.

Andy Reid isnt coaching forever. Mahomes massive contract will cause the team to not be able to resign them. 

He got so lucky with his knee injury this year that it wasn't more severe. That isn't going to be the case every year. 

I prefer Watson to Mahomes. Mahomes just won the jackpot. Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. Are you kidding me? I would have won 10 games if I was drafted by the chiefs coming outta college, and I was a career clipboard holder at Cal. Mahomes has WR/TE that run wide open. He rarely has to fit it in a tight window. He makes some throws that absolutely blow my mind with how amazing they are then he will brutally miss throws that my high school QB make in his sleep. 

I just don't see it. 

Also why hasn’t Carr done this immediate translation you speak of???? 6 years in going on 7 why hasn’t his brain processed this easy information???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

13 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Winfield 2nd

Chinn 2nd/3rd

Wallace 3rd

Winfield is going to make some team very happy in the 2nd round, he's quite similar to Joyner and Joseph in that he's a hitter with decent coverage skills and decent range, good bloodlines too and as we view our safeties as interchangeable he seems to be what we may look for, maybe we'll make a move for him. Ashtyn Davis is a guy I like too but I can really see him being that versatile as he seems to fit as a traditional FS rangy, centre field player. Chinn I think will get overdrafted on athletic traits, he could have been good value before the combine but can't see him escaping the 2nd round now. Id look hard at him if he did make it into the 3rd though. Delpit is a bit of an unknown to me, could be in for a fall but he is very talented.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Except he traded Cooper who was of similar build. Jeudy compares to Cooper, so always scratch my head with what Gruden was thinking with him and how that will reflect in the draft.

Cooper and Carr clearly had a chemistry issue and Cooper was due for a big contract. As a team that was years away from contention and starting a total rebuild, getting a first round pick for Cooper was the best move we could've made. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Wooooo buddy that’s delicious! I know we got a lot of problems on the roster but a few mid round gems at WR that play better than the guy we are give 11+ million too on rookie contracts. We can’t **** this up it’s a WR year we need to walk away with some no matter who our QB is

Hunter Renfrow's rookie production was better than the rookie production of 14/17 of the WR's selected in the 1st round over the last 5 years. 

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hunter Renfrow's rookie production was better than the rookie production of 14/17 of the WR's selected in the 1st round over the last 5 years. 

I know he was good I was referring to T Williams 

12 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Wht binds them is there are all good athletes with strong but inaccurate arms and flawed throwing mechanics and poor footwork. 

The reason they don't crash and burn is they have the ability to ad lib and coaches have very little pro film on them. Sometimes they get one year and NFL defenses figure it out or sometimes it takes 2 or 3 years. It's at that point they start to rely more on their athleticism and them they crash and burn.

I fully expect Mahomes career to unfold like Kaepernick's. The difference being he won his Superbowl while Kaepernick lost his.

Andy Reid isnt coaching forever. Mahomes massive contract will cause the team to not be able to resign them. 

He got so lucky with his knee injury this year that it wasn't more severe. That isn't going to be the case every year. 

I prefer Watson to Mahomes. Mahomes just won the jackpot. Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. Are you kidding me? I would have won 10 games if I was drafted by the chiefs coming outta college, and I was a career clipboard holder at Cal. Mahomes has WR/TE that run wide open. He rarely has to fit it in a tight window. He makes some throws that absolutely blow my mind with how amazing they are then he will brutally miss throws that my high school QB make in his sleep. 

I just don't see it. 

I get where you are coming from. There is something to be said for the Andy Reid effect on QBs. And couple that with immense talent, in KC it is interesting to think about. I mean...we saw MATT MOORE look insanely competent in relief of Mahomes this season. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I know he was good I was referring to T Williams 

It's kind of hard to judge Williams considering he played hurt for 2/3 of the season. During the first 5 weeks (when he was healthy) he was on pace for 1,000 yards and had a TD in every game. 

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Mahomes is nothing universally like Kaepernick... Mahomes can survive as a pure pocket passer, no legs, and still be a Top 5-7 QB. He’s a passer first, by far. And he’s absolutely fantastic at it. His Pocket Presence is Grade A stuff. His arm is Grade A. His accuracy is great. 

Your QB takes are absurd.... let’s revisit:  Mahomes is Kapernick incarnate and will be out of the league soon, Murray will be out of the league soon, Murray shouldn’t of been drafted in any 7 Rounds, Derek Carr is a Top 3 QB and needs more stuff, Carr is better than Mahomes as both a Prospect and NFL Player, it’s all absurd garbage and anyone giving you likes is doing it purely because I’m disagreeing with you and on the Bay hate train. Unless they are as blind as you. 

Dude... you are so thin skinned and emotional it's hilarious.

Ranting absurd this and garbage that just makes you look like a petulant child. While I don't agree with @OG_C2X he's entitled to his opinions just like you are. 

And his takes are not overly crazy. We see QBs come in all the time and flash big early only to fizzle out things adjust. Heck, Baker Mayfield was the next great QB this time last year, they loaded up on talent and he laid an egg. 

We saw it was Carr in 2016. Thought we had a QB for the next decade plus not it's 2020 and you're out here calling a beta-male and half Raider Nation acts like he's Jamarcus levels of awful.

So while I think Mahomes is great. Carr is middling. Murray is ascending. @OG_C2X takes are no worrse than your beta-male's nonsense. Pimping of Finley of all limp armed QBs to enter the league, etc. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

If we hit a home run with players like Littleton and jones in FA do you guys think it would be crazy to double dip at WR in the first round? 

Absolutely crazy. Even with those two we still have holes across the defense and you need more than 1 good linebacker. Williams contract is guaranteed already and he played well when he was healthy and Renfrow looks like he's going to be a stud in the slot. Those two are pretty much locked into starting spots for us next season so adding two rookie WR's doesn't really do much considering one of them likely won't play very much. 

I'm hopeful that we add Littleton in free agency and Patrick Queen at #19. That'd instantly upgrade our LB group from one of the worst in the league to one of the most dynamic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

If we hit a home run with players like Littleton and jones in FA do you guys think it would be crazy to double dip at WR in the first round? 

Yes, we still have needs all over the defense even with pickups at LB and CB

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If we can get Brady, I’d certainly try and get Mims round 2 (Carr trade) and Pittman round 3

If we do sign Tom Brady, do we really expect to get a second round pick back for Carr? We'd pretty much lose all of our trade leverage because we'd have to trade Carr, so would another team really give fair market value? Especially knowing that we'd have like $52M tied into the QB spot. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If we do sign Tom Brady, do we really expect to get a second round pick back for Carr? We'd pretty much lose all of our trade leverage because we'd have to trade Carr, so would another team really give fair market value? Especially knowing that we'd have like $52M tied into the QB spot. 

I think we’d have to have something pretty much ironed out before Tom signed. Especially m with the crazy qb market his value would most likely take a hit. 

However if we waited we could potentially  find a desperate team without a seat when the music stops.

1 minute ago, FreshPrince said:

I think we’d have to have something pretty much ironed out before Tom signed. Especially m with the crazy qb market his value would most likely take a hit. 

However if we waited we could potentially  find a desperate team without a seat when the music stops.

But doesn't waiting and have $51.5M+ committed to two QB's pretty much kill all of our flexibility in free agency? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's kind of hard to judge Williams considering he played hurt for 2/3 of the season. During the first 5 weeks (when he was healthy) he was on pace for 1,000 yards and had a TD in every game. 

I like T Williams but his money should be going to defense. Too late now we need a real burner or fast and good WR to open all those options up. I’ll be honest it’s hard to judge our WRs when the QB is too scared to throw to them. Once we have a replacement we can judge the WRs better