2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But doesn't waiting and have $51.5M+ committed to two QB's pretty much kill all of our flexibility in free agency? 

True which again makes me think we would need a trade all but done before hand. Which would be difficult with the amount of qbs available this year. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But doesn't waiting and have $51.5M+ committed to two QB's pretty much kill all of our flexibility in free agency? 

yea our front office is going to have to play this out very smart.

if we pick up a FA qb day 1, then it kills Carr trade value.

if we trade Carr before draft without getting a QB, teams know they will have to jump us to get a QB.

ultimately, if there is a FA you believe in, you sign him and dont worry to much about killing DCs value.
if there is a rookie QB in draft, you try to trade DC after you pick him. 

thats just my opinion. As soon as we show interest in QBs, DCs value goes down 

1 minute ago, FreshPrince said:

True which again makes me think we would need a trade all but done before hand. Which would be difficult with the amount of qbs available this year. 

That's true. The only thing that I think gives Carr some value in comparison to those guys is his contract. Everyone gets overpaid in free agency but Carr's deal is actually pretty decent. He's owed $21.5M this season, $22.15M in 2021 ($2.5M cap hit), and $19.8M in 2022 (0 cap hit). So essentially you'd be getting a starting level QB in his prime at $20M a year over the next three years with the flexibility to be able to move on without any cap hit or complications if it doesn't work out. 

• Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

Gruden has said for 2 seasons now he wants the best group of WRs in the NFL. And his actions have certainly met that with some wild trades. 

That said, Tyrell, Anderson and a rookie at 12/19 would be very Gruden.

I could definitely see that happening and don't think for a second that adding Anderson stops us from taking a WR early. Although, considering Mayock's comments I could also see us doubling down on defense in the first round (if we sign Robby) and then targeting a WR in the third round. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden has said for 2 seasons now he wants the best group of WRs in the NFL. And his actions have certainly met that with some wild trades. 

Epic fail so far lmao

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Would be disappointed if we spent a lot on him. Rather roll with Tyrell, Renfrow and Lamb/Jeudy then overpay for a middle tier WR like Anderson.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would be disappointed if we spent a lot on him. Rather roll with Tyrell, Renfrow and Lamb/Jeudy then overpay for a middle tier WR like Anderson.

100000000000000% that money can go to defense 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Also why hasn’t Carr done this immediate translation you speak of???? 6 years in going on 7 why hasn’t his brain processed this easy information???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ummmm he has... the only stat he isnt in the top 5 of all time for first 6 years in the NFL is wins. And wins are a team stat.

Look at Carrs numbers. He is a top 5 QB in almost every metric as a QB since he has come in the league. 

There are 10 other players that have to contribute to wins on the offense and 11 others on defense that contribute to winning... and that is just the starters. 

Winning is not a QB stat. Not sure how many times people need to hear this before it registers. This isnt the NBA where 1 player can take a team from worst to first in the blink of an eye. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think it's either Anderson or a top WR in round 1. I just can't see Gruden burying Renfrow on the depth chart. If we go Anderson in FA then we could go WR in round 3 or beyond.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Ummmm he has... the only stat he isnt in the top 5 of all time for first 6 years in the NFL is wins. And wins are a team stat.

Look at Carrs numbers. He is a top 5 QB in almost every metric as a QB since he has come in the league. 

There are 10 other players that have to contribute to wins on the offense and 11 others on defense that contribute to winning... and that is just the starters. 

Winning is not a QB stat. Not sure how many times people need to hear this before it registers. This isnt the NBA where 1 player can take a team from worst to first in the blink of an eye. 

LOL why are you even talking? Our QB doesn’t even try! Go on tell us about Mahomes some more. The Carrology deflect in full swing in this one

5 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I think it's either Anderson or a top WR in round 1. I just can't see Gruden burying Renfrow on the depth chart. If we go Anderson in FA then we could go WR in round 3 or beyond.

Thought The Jets were resigning Anderson