2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If we do sign Tom Brady, do we really expect to get a second round pick back for Carr? We'd pretty much lose all of our trade leverage because we'd have to trade Carr, so would another team really give fair market value? Especially knowing that we'd have like $52M tied into the QB spot. 

The rumor was that we were asking for 2 2nds for Carr. Albright talked about it on a podcast.

If Brady signs with SF, does Jimmy G not warrant a 1st round pick via a trade?

We can afford Brady and Carr on the team at the same time so we don’t have to trade Carr prior.

its not that we have to cut Carr if we sign Brady, it’s about the fact that we have him on a very cap friendly deal for 3 years, if we cut him expect to pay another 10m for him, and there will be several teams vying for him: Indy Chicago TB and any team who loses their QB in FA.

i absolutely think we could get a 2nd and another pick for Carr.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The rumor was that we were asking for 2 2nds for Carr. Albright talked about it on a podcast.

We can afford Brady and Carr on the team at the same time so we don’t have to trade Carr prior.

its not that we have to cut Carr if we sign Brady, it’s about the fact that we have him on a very cap friendly deal for 3 years, if we cut him expect to pay another 10m for him, and there will be several teams vying for him: Indy Chicago TB and any team who loses their QB in FA.

Who else would you sign in FA? Brady’s 35 mill would take up over half of the Raiders salary cap space. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Ummmm he has... the only stat he isnt in the top 5 of all time for first 6 years in the NFL is wins. And wins are a team stat.

Look at Carrs numbers. He is a top 5 QB in almost every metric as a QB since he has come in the league. 

There are 10 other players that have to contribute to wins on the offense and 11 others on defense that contribute to winning... and that is just the starters. 

Winning is not a QB stat. Not sure how many times people need to hear this before it registers. This isnt the NBA where 1 player can take a team from worst to first in the blink of an eye. 

Carr’s haters only want to find stats that show he sucks.  It’s not about subjective discussions.  It’s about taking a polarized opinion and finding stats and information which backs your stance.  It’s like politics today.  Trumps RonaldRegan2.0 or literally Hitler.  There’s zero chance Trump could be a decent POTUS that’s an obnoxious, egotistical jerk... but is doing a good job.  Carr is either a cancer on the organization for 6 years and must be removed immediately or he’s the GOAT,,, but of wait yeah the Carr supporters actually are reasonable and think he’s a decent but replaceable QB if the right QBs available.

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

What a player warrants and what a team actually gets for them in a trade are two completely different things though. 

We can afford to have both on the team at the same time but it essentially kills our cap flexibility and severely limits how we can attack free agency. Is that really a smart move considering all of the holes that we have on defense? Top players are going to be off of the market almost immediately. 

But we kind of do have to move on from Carr almost immediately if we sign Brady, unless we want to have $52M+ committed to two QB. 

That is definitely about fair market value for him. But if we sign Brady we're going to be in a position where we'll be looking to trade him almost immediately so we'll have very limited leverage. 

Just now, Chali21 said:

Who else would you sign in FA? Brady’s 35 mill would take up over half of the Raiders salary cap space. 

Well I believe we are offering him 30m, not 35 but we could be forced to up it. 
Trading Carr frees us 16.5m, so it’s a net 14.5 cost to the cap.

this is why I think we should only sign Brady and trade Carr if the trade compensation is worth the additional cost and upgrade in performance from a 43yo Brady from Carr.

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Carr’s haters only want to find stats that show he sucks.  It’s not about subjective discussions.  It’s about taking a polarized opinion and finding stats and information which backs your stance.  It’s like politics today.  Trumps RonaldRegan2.0 or literally Hitler.  There’s zero chance Trump could be a decent POTUS that’s an obnoxious, egotistical jerk... but is doing a good job.  Carr is either a cancer on the organization for 6 years and must be removed immediately or he’s the GOAT,,, but of wait yeah the Carr supporters actually are reasonable and think he’s a decent but replaceable QB if the right QBs available.

See and you were talking about 2 sub forums while dumping gas on the subject that makes everyone mad. And the bolded that is flat out wrong if you truly believe that

Edited by Gannon12

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would you give up our 2 1st's to move up for Simmons? 

Simmons is my favorite prospect in the draft but I definitely wouldn't give up two firsts for any player other than a potential franchise QB. I'd rather take a chance on Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen later in the first and use the 12th pick on a WR. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

See and you were talking about 2 sub forums while dumping gas on the subject that makes everyone mad. And the bolded that is flat out wrong if you truly believe that

Maybe I don’t read all the posts but I don’t see anyone saying Carrs a top 5 QB.  We’re really just saying he’s ok, not great, but cheap and we can win with him

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Simmons is my favorite prospect in the draft but I definitely wouldn't give up two firsts for any player other than a potential franchise QB. I'd rather take a chance on Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen later in the first and use the 12th pick on a WR. 

Yeah, Lamb/Jeudy AND Murray is better than just Simmons

56 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

No way! We need those for the foundation 

56 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I love Simmons, I’m #1 in his fan club but that’s too much.  My limit is 12,80,91

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I figured that was the case and I agree. The reason I brought it up because of a mock draft where we did move up to #4 for Simmons for our 2 1sts but then got a 3rd back. We'd have 4 3rds in this situation and would be in a prime spot to trade up. Food for thought.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Carr’s haters only want to find stats that show he sucks.  It’s not about subjective discussions.  It’s about taking a polarized opinion and finding stats and information which backs your stance.  It’s like politics today.  Trumps RonaldRegan2.0 or literally Hitler.  There’s zero chance Trump could be a decent POTUS that’s an obnoxious, egotistical jerk... but is doing a good job.  Carr is either a cancer on the organization for 6 years and must be removed immediately or he’s the GOAT,,, but of wait yeah the Carr supporters actually are reasonable and think he’s a decent but replaceable QB if the right QBs available.

You forgot habitual liar and con man.

• Like 2