2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I unfortunately think the chances Simmons falls to us is like 2-3%. Would be a fantastic Raider Fan celebration day though 100%. 

If Simmons is still on the board at #8 and I'm Mayock I'd give up #12, #80, and a 2021 3rd to go grab him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Imagine 
12) Simmons 

trade up to 14-15 from 19 to get Ruggs

how much would it cost to trade up 5 draft slots. Need one of Jeudy, Ruggs, Ceedee

It'd probably cost us #19, #80 and another pick. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think a lot of people wrote off Jefferson because of the LSU scheme, when he has proven that’s not the case. Jefferson will be the 4th WR taken in this draft in all likelihood. 

Also it’s kind of ironic people wrote off Jefferson because of this and don’t give Lamb any criticism for being in Oklahomas scheme. The friendliest offensive scheme in CFB history (possibly, at least recent history). Would not be shocked at all if Jefferson is a better pro than Lamb. 

Lamb and Jefferson aren't all that different as WRs. Jefferson is a bit more athletic and Lamb is a slightly smoother route runner with vice grips for hands. The thing about Lamb is his love for blocking. To me, that sets him apart from the rest. It shows he loves the game. Another comp for Lamb could be a more athletic Hines Ward.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW Vic Tafur said that Gruden/Mayock love Jalen Hurts and that he'll likely be one of our third round picks if he's still on the board. 

I'm ok with it if they think he can develop

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I'm ok with it if they think he can develop

Don't like him, but I trust Mayock. Maybe he sees something in Hurts that I don't. 

I will give Hurts this. He has arguably the best intangibles in this class. Those passing skills need serious work though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW Vic Tafur said that Gruden/Mayock love Jalen Hurts and that he'll likely be one of our third round picks if he's still on the board. 

If Mayock/Gruden like him with our final 3rd, then I’ll trust them 100%. Hurts throwing motion is horrible though...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Don't like him, but I trust Mayock. Maybe he sees something in Hurts that I don't. 

I will give Hurts this. He has arguably the best intangibles in this class. Those passing skills need serious work though.

Yeah, I'd say he is better than tebow or Lamar coming out though. But he needs to clean it up

12 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Yeah, I'd say he is better than tebow or Lamar coming out though. But he needs to clean it up

In the same line as Tebow! What in the ............... and I’m talking coming out. Tebows footwork pocket presence and throwing motion were absolutely atrocious 

12 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

In the same line as Tebow! What in the ............... and I’m talking coming out. Tebows footwork pocket presence and throwing motion were absolutely atrocious 

Lamar wasn't a great passer coming into NFL. Footwork and accuracy was meh.

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Lamar wasn't a great passer coming into NFL. Footwork and accuracy was meh.

He wasn’t that bad at Louisville. The floor wasn’t as low as Tebows. Lamar’s upside was tremendous compared to Tebow. Yes be needed work and to tweet things but he was a far superior candidate compared to Tebow to transition to the NFL.    

but in all seriousness just like you I trust whatever Mayock does