2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ceedee-lamb?id=32194c41-4d13-8457-fcbe-d37fdbd87233

Lance Zierlein compares him to Chad Johnson which I like that comparison. Good not elite speed. Great route runner. Plays physical off the LOS and in contested catches.

He is much more Chad Johnson than Jerry Jeudy who is way more finesse and a technician in his routes which was not Chad's game at all.   

Chad Johnson is one of the best route runners of all time who uses agility and foot quickness in his routes, also his ability to pop off the top of his route is A+ level, same as Jeudy. Not many WRs possess that, AB and Jeudy being two more, to that effective level. 

No point in arguing with someone who thinks Jeudy is basically an Amari clone. Jeudy has some Amari to his game with the YAC ability and slippery elusiveness, but it’s not a good main comp at all. 

Edited by BayRaider

23 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

giphy.gif

Nope. I wake up to like nine BP angry quotes per day in five Raider threads, and four non Raider-Section threads (I never quote this guy first). Not over exaggerating. He’s literally, 100% absolutely obsessed with me. To the point I think he is mentally unstable OR just a bum living in his moms basement (only person on the forum to not post a single thing about himself). I’ve never had someone this obsessed with me on the internet before. It’s not normal by any means. 

22 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Me in 2024...That's about how long it will take to see who's right.

Image result for eating popcorn gif

You don’t have to wait til 2024. BP is the worst guy on the forum (all of footballsfuture) when it comes QBs. He loved Manziel, Bortles, Paxton Lynch, Marcus Mariota big time, Josh Rosen big time. Literally. I hated all those guys. He also still makes excuses for Mariota to this day, and still made excuses for Rosen until the last couple Dolphin games. The only QB we’ve ever agreed on is Sam Darnold. So I’ve basically already won this situation a million times over and he will be wrong, yet again.  

Although then BP acts like his s*** don’t stink and still tries to be right somehow. He’s a narcissist 100%. When a narcissist is wrong, they attack the other persons reasons for being right, and don’t admit they are wrong. Then they make excuses for their own decision. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

When stats aren’t in your favor go with the old “game tape” explanation.... nice.  Really liked the double down when you said “have to look at substance”.  Cuz when us  newbs watch a game we’re not looking at substance like the upper level scouts like you are.

As an incredible petty person on certain issues (think A gentile-Larry David), I actually have begun to respect your arguments.  When you make a stand you defend it in the face off evidence.  Not to say those stats are definitive, but they do contradict your stance.

if you wanted to say “hey, I just have aM incredible gut feel that Love’s gonna be great... I’d bet my last dollar on it!” then fair play.  Hey we’d all respect a man whose willing to river boat gamble on his beliefs.  But you don’t do that.  You bash Carr with quasi stats and then pump up Love and Push aside similar quasi stats that go against your belief.

what I really like if the idea that Carr has to go cuz he can’t lead a poor roster to a SB but Love... well Love is an amazing talent and any alleged issues are a result of the poor talent around him.  

it’s actually incredibly ironic the Carr vs Love debate is.  While being different style players the arguments for and against each one mirror the other incredibly.  Carr is a version of Love accept Love will throw stare down a WR and toss an INT and never see it coming and Carr will hold onto the ball and check down or spike it. 

You are reaching here, buying into BPs bag of BS. My stance on Love is hard but an opinion. BP likes to brainwash people into thinking Love is like my favorite prospect in the entire class. He’s not. I don’t think Love comes close to Tua/Burrow. Love is my 14th Ranked Prospect and QB3. And I have said multiple times Love is a project. 

As for the accuracy statement, I feel strongly Love is a highly accurate QB and his INTs are mostly bad cast and some bad decision making. They are not from inaccuracy in any way what so ever. Dan Orlovsky, Daniel Jeremiah, and JT O Sullivan also agree his accuracy is very good, his INTs are decision based. This is all opinions, yes, even by these three guys. BP himself and his scout are also opinions. 

BP showed accuracy analytics without any substance, which didn’t take into account his pours supporting cast and Love not understanding defenses well. He refused to accept this flaw in his argument. 

Don’t believe the BP brainwashing BS. He tries to make it sound like I think Jordan Love is some kind of god which is farthest thing from the truth. He tries to twist everything in an attempt character-assassinate. Literally every day, 10 angry flaming BP quotes, he is just a severely angry person who is utterly obsessed with the BayRaider character. 

Please comment on this post only and the points I made how I don’t hype Love nearly as much as BP exaggerates, Love’s accuracy is good (opinion but many people share this opinion), and how BP attempts to character-assassinate me on the daily. 

Edited by BayRaider

I have to admit, Jalen has a shot. When he was at Bama, I felt he was nowhere near an NFL prospect. He’s improved his throwing ability exponentially. 

The closer we get to the draft, the more I feel Ceedee will be off the board by our pick 😢

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ceedee-lamb?id=32194c41-4d13-8457-fcbe-d37fdbd87233

Lance Zierlein compares him to Chad Johnson which I like that comparison. Good not elite speed. Great route runner. Plays physical off the LOS and in contested catches.

He is much more Chad Johnson than Jerry Jeudy who is way more finesse and a technician in his routes which was not Chad's game at all.   

I respect you, BP. 

But the route running by Chad and Jeudy are similar IMO. Both are very quick and sudden with the use of their feet and hips. The difference between the two is Jeudy doesn't try to highpoint balls and out jump DBs like Chad used to. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this draft ain’t gonna happen? Like the event part. Don’t see how the NFL can put all those fans together and risk it. Huge music festivals that gather hundred of thousands people got postponed . My money will be on the draft event not happening.

Random late night thinking by me 

im already rethinking going because whether or not they cancel /close. just going through the airport alone might not be worth it.....the whole city will be straight stupid by then , if it isn't already. I lived there 6 yrs and im not EVEN saying they don't have a damn good reason. unfortunately

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm going to laugh when they take Hurts 19 overall in a surprise move lol

don't even joke about that BP! and h*ll yes, I definitely know where youre coming from......IN MAYOCK WE TRUST!.....that's all I got nowadays. when the big guy passed all of us thought we`d get better drafts from reggie………………...

@Steins Gate Glad you see it. First time I watched Jeudy running routes, it blew my mind how similar it is to Chad Johnson. The foot speed and agility is clone-like. Then we have the break off the top, the most important part of any route that causes the most separation, and Jeudy does this the same way Chad does with the same explosiveness. 

I don’t wanna sound like an Amazon Echo on Repeat but Jerry Jeudy’s comp for me is Chad Johnson without the ball in his hands and Amari Cooper with the ball in his hands. This combined skillset is why he is my #1 WR and think he will be absolutely dominant in the NFL (opinion). 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

@Steins Gate Glad you see it. First time I watched Jeudy running routes, it blew my mind how similar it is to Chad Johnson. The foot speed and agility is clone-like. Then we have the break off the top, the most important part of any route that causes the most separation, and Jeudy does this the same way Chad does with the same explosiveness. 

I don’t wanna sound like an Amazon Echo on Repeat but Jerry Jeudy’s comp for me is Chad Johnson without the ball in his hands and Amari Cooper with the ball in his hands. This combined skillset is why he is my #1 WR and think he will be absolutely dominant in the NFL (opinion). 

Can't argue with this except for the dropped passes in clutch moments. That is the only reason that Jeudy is my WR2. I need my WRs to make the big catches when it matters most.  

Just now, Steins Gate said:

Can't argue with this except for the dropped passes in clutch moments. That is the only reason that Jeudy is my WR2. I need my WRs to make the big catches when it matters most.  

L A M B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5b9437418c6c2.image.jpg?resize=530,630

• Like 4