2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think he's being disrespected by being compared to a nose. Like I don't understand the traits are so clear to me with brown. He's such an easy evaluation, even as a pass rusher...

It's because he had a so so combine, I like you trust your eyes on the field.

• Like 1

* Trade #19 to New England for #23 & #100 * 

12. Henry Ruggs III | WR | Alabama

23. Jeff Gladney | CB | TCU

80. Terrell Burgess | S | Utah

81. Willie Gay Jr | LB | Mississippi State

91. Darrell Taylor | Edge | Tennessee

100. Antonio Gibson | RB/WR | Memphis

121. Shane Lemieux | OG | Oregon

159. James Lynch | DL | Baylor

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

My only issue with drafting Derrick Brown at 12, assuming he’s there, is he reminds me of Marcell Darius and I can see him peaking in years 3-4 but falling off fast like Darius did.  I have no data to prove this just a feeling.

I see Akiem Hicks. You can play him at nose, but he will give you nose like run-stopping (even better) with scary pass-rushing potential as well. Ferrell/Crosby will never get doubled again.

Watch the bull rush at 2:36 and tell me it doesn't look exactly like Derrick Brown.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I very much do. Especially at DT where I feel athletic testing is way less important than LB or CB.

Exactly, reminds me of when Orlando Brown was a top 10 OL ran a slow 40 with his shirt off. Kid has given up 2 sacks in 2 years.

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Pick 3 Trade Value - 2200 Points

Raiders Pick 12 Trade Value - 1200 Points

Raiders Pick 19 Trade Value - 875 points

Raiders Pick 91 Trade Value - 136 points

Total Value for Raiders in a Trade Package - 2212 Points

You'd have to do this trade before the draft and if Miami wants Tua they trade to #2. QB's get a premium (1.5)(except when Reggie's the GM/ Rosen) so #91 would probably have to be our 1st in 2021 when the draft is live... THAT I'm NOT willing to do. Say Tua never sees the field and were a top 5 or worse #1 pick?!?

If we did it before the draft and we keep Carr and Young is our pick at 3 I could live with that. 80/81 would probably be packaged to move up for a WR in the 2nd and another WR in the 4th.

• Like 1

Spent a couple hours on this one, QB/Trenches galore Mock Draft:

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/ppkEDbhYyV

Lots of trades as well. I actually think it's realistic, people hype up CB/WR prospects every year. QB/OT/DE/DT are the four most premium positions in the NFL. And this class is loaded with those four positions.

Denver traded up to get past us for Okudah, which sucks. There's no way if Okudah is sitting at 11, that Denver won't trade up. They are oozing with draft capital.

I unfortunately didn't come away with a corner... I thought about taking Jaylon Johnson at 19 but was pretty early for him.

Added Fromm to the crowded QB room in the 3rd Round. Backup QB is an important position. Mariota or Carr will not be on the team next year.

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Spent a couple hours on this one, QB/Trenches galore Mock Draft:

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/ppkEDbhYyV

Lots of trades as well. I actually think it's realistic, people hype up CB/WR prospects every year. QB/OT/DE/DT are the four most premium positions in the NFL. And this class is loaded with those four positions.

Denver traded up to get past us for Okudah, which sucks. There's no way if Okudah is sitting at 11, that Denver won't trade up. They are oozing with draft capital.

I unfortunately didn't come away with a corner... I thought about taking Jaylon Johnson at 19 but was pretty early for him.

Added Fromm to the crowded QB room in the 3rd Round. Backup QB is an important position. Mariota or Carr will not be on the team next year.

I could kiss you and take back everything bad I ever said about you if we get Simmons! 
i love the 3rd round too! I love Pittman and Barth!  As much as I like Fromm I’d take Eason over him but I also think Easons way gone by that time in real life.

this was such a good mock draft I will be nice to you for an entire week lol

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I could kiss you and take back everything bad I ever said about you if we get Simmons! 
i love the 3rd round too! I love Pittman and Barth!  As much as I like Fromm I’d take Eason over him but I also think Easons way gone by that time in real life.

this was such a good mock draft I will be nice to you for an entire week lol

These Mid Tier QBs you never know. Many people thought Grier was going Early 2nd... and he dropped to the final three picks of the 3rd Round. Eason is not a polished prospect what so ever. He may have a laser arm with top tier velocity.... but that's about it. He's a huge huge gamble/project.

Summary on draft:

Trades:

- Chargers trade Pick 37 for OT Trent Williams

- Patriots Trade 4th Round Pick to Redskins for QB Alex Smith

- Panthers trade #7, #38, Cam Newton to Redskins for #2, 2020 4th Round Pick

- Chargers trade #6, 2021 2nd Round Pick to Giants for #4

- Broncos trade #15, #77, 5th Round Pick to Jets for #11

- Buccaneers trade #14 to Saints for #24, #88, 2021 2nd Round Pick

Notes:

- Very Trench Heavy and QB Heavy in the Top 10. Once again, best OT class in ages. Four studs. We also have four potential Franchise QB's.

- Patriots starter: Alex Smith, with Anthony Gordon and Jarrett Stidham waiting in the wings.

- Bucs revamp their Offense with Tom Brady, Josh Jones, and J.K. Dobbins

- Panthers redshirt Tua and have Teddy start this season. Tua/Brady should be a match made in heaven.

- Chargers are rumored to like Jordan Love more than Herbert from what I hear. Lynn wants more of a pure passer than Herbert, who isn't a better pure passer than Love, but a better decision maker than Love.

- Broncos ravish the opportunity to trade up to 11, jumping the CB Hungry Raiders, and get someone who could be the best player of the draft: Jeffrey Okudah.

- Cowboys get Jacob Eason in the 3rd Round while Dak plays on the Franchise Tag. Will Eason show out in Pre Season and Training Camp, forcing Dak to take a Team Friendly Deal? Melty Soap Opera Drama here.

- Bengals keep Dalton as a luxury backup, waiting for a desperate team with a QB injury to come knocking early in the season

Just now, BayRaider said:

I think Jefferson is hardly a drop off from Lamb. 

Only time I ever trade up is QB. Definitely not WR... that’d be the last position I’d ever trade up for. 

I’d unequivocally give up a 3rd to move up. Jefferson is good but Lamb is significantly better and more valuable as an outside WR not a slot WR

• Like 1