2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Okudah ran a 4.48/4.49 at the combine and Johnson ran a 4.50. If speed is the issue, they are about the same. Even on game tape. Not that I’m comparing them as prospect, Okudah is a lot better. 

Didn’t you tell @Frankie2Gunz the difference between jeudys 4.45 and lambs 4.50 (paraphrase) was large and jeudys got long speed but Lamb doesn’t?

So .02 is negligible but .05 is massive?  
seems like when it’s convenient to your fav guy it’s not an issue but when it’s a guy you don’t like it is. 

have you ever seen those simulcast 40s?  Guys who run within .1 are neck and neck 

I’d also like to say my pet pieve is how we take 2 runs on 1 day and act like if that’s there speed every day for Their football lives.  I guarantee if they ran The 40s again at camp a few months later the 4.48 guy and 4.50 guy could switch places 1 out of 2x.  

• Like 1

* Trade #19 (875) to Houston for #40 (500) and #57 (330)*

12 - CJ Henderson | CB | Florida

40 - Ross Blacklock | DT | TCU

57 - Michael Pittman | WR | USC

80 - Jonathan Greenard | Edge | Florida

81 - Terrell Burgess | S | Utah

91 - Logan Wilson | LB | Wyoming

121 - AJ Dillon | RB | Boston College

159 - Isaiah Coutler | WR | Rhode Island

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d also like to say my pet pieve is how we take 2 runs on 1 day and act like if that’s there speed every day for Their football lives.  I guarantee if they ran The 40s again at camp a few months later the 4.48 guy and 4.50 guy could switch places 1 out of 2x.  

Yeah 40 times aren't an end all be all what so ever. It's about game speed. 

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Didn’t you tell @Frankie2Gunz the difference between jeudys 4.45 and lambs 4.50 (paraphrase) was large and jeudys got long speed but Lamb doesn’t?

seems like when it’s convenient to your fav guy it’s not an issue but when it’s a guy you don’t like it is. 

have you ever seen those simulcast 40s?  Guys who run within .1 are neck and neck 

Lamb had one of the fastest 10 yard splits. I think jeudys play speed is high 4.3 but Lamb is no slouch!

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lamb had one of the fastest 10 yard splits. I think jeudys play speed is high 4.3 but Lamb is no slouch!

40 time is one of the most overrated things in football. You see guys like Michael Thomas (4.57), DeAndre Hopkins (4.57), and Keenan Allen (4.73) dominating year after year. How many times during a game are guys running in a straight line anyway? 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yes there’s a big difference from .05 to .02.  An example, historically in the NFL 4.50 from 4.55 is a huge difference whereas 4.50 and 4.52 is not much of a difference. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

40 time is one of the most overrated things in football. You see guys like Michael Thomas (4.57), DeAndre Hopkins (4.57), and Keenan Allen (4.73) dominating year after year. How many times during a game are guys running in a straight line anyway? 

There’s always going to be those who succeed regardless. A slow 40 isn’t a death sentence. Although it certainly makes your chances of succeeding less, and being able to separate in the NFL much less likely. Running a low 4.5 certainly helps.

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Explain that to @BayRaider.  DHB ran a 4.3 flat LOL 

Is speed a nice asset sure but being a good football is a lot more than speed, DHB and John Ross can attest to that.  

For every T.Hill there are 50 DHB's. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is speed a nice asset sure but being a good football is a lot more than speed, DHB and John Ross can attest to that.  

Never once said 40 time is a holy grail and it does not measure greatness. Although 40 time significantly matters if you look at the history of the NFL and success rates of Low 4.5 times and High 4.5 times and above. Yes, you’ll always have guys that succeed no matter what, Hopkins, Thomas, etc. It’s never a “death sentence”. Just highly unlikely. 

As for DHB, I turned off my TV asap when that pick was made. I wanted Crabtree. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Never once said 40 time is a holy grail and it does not measure greatness. Although 40 time significantly matters if you look at the history of the NFL and success rates of Low 4.5 times and High 4.5 times and above. Yes, you’ll always have guys that succeed no matter what, Hopkins, Thomas, etc. It’s never a “death sentence”. Just highly unlikely. 

As for DHB, I turned off my TV asap when that pick was made. I wanted Crabtree. 

That may have been a low point for me as a Raider fan and I officially knew that Al Davis had lost it. 

Those were some rough years but I am happy we now have a legit GM.  I have the utmost confidence he will make solid picks and improve this team through the draft again this year.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

For every T.Hill there are 50 DHB's. 

Of the top 15 WR's in the league last season in receiving yards, only 1 (Julio Jones) ran a 4.3. 

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That may have been a low point for me as a Raider fan and I officially knew that Al Davis had lost it. 

Those were some rough years but I am happy we now have a legit GM.  I have the utmost confidence he will make solid picks and improve this team through the draft again this year.  

For sure. I’m still here through all the dark times. Since 1997 been a Raider Fan. Only 31, so. I did at least get to experience 2000-2002 but we got screwed all three years basically. That fat f*** Tony falling on Gannon on purpose. The bulls*** Tuck Rule call that I will argue until death (although I’m over it, just will never agree with it). The arm was fully tucked back in already, therefore the Tuck Rule doesn’t apply. Then 2002 where, we didn’t get “screwed” but our own stupidity of trading Gruden away and him knowing our plays cost us the Super Bowl. 

2003-2009 was the darkest era of Raider History. 2010-2011 gave some false hope though and gave some entertaining games. Never forget the 59-14 Bronco game. Great memory. Then 2012-2013, right back to super dark times. 

2014-2016 seemed like promising years. Then right back to darkness in 2017-2018. 

However, we’re back on the bright side again with 2019 and onwards. We defied expectations and went 7-9 and Mayock looks like a hell of a GM. 

I’ll give you a virtual hug when we win the Super Bowl Frankie, don’t worry. 2023 it’s coming. 

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I was honestly hopeful that Russell/McFadden/DHB was going to light the league up.