2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Henderson is clearly the second best CB in the class though and after him there are a bunch of solid but not great CB prospects. From a coverage stand point he's a plug and play starter on the outside and if he can clean up his tackling he has as much upside as any CB in the class including Okudah. 

The WR class is so deep this year, we don't have to get one at #19. We could potentially move out of the 19th slot into the late first or even into the early to mid 2nd and still come away with someone like Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Jalen Reagor, Laviska Shenault, or Michael Pittman Jr. 

Wr is deep, but I want top end talent at Wr. We need a #1. 

Henderson may fall too because he tackles like my aunt Sally. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He looks healthy with his lower body movement. Might just be me but the ball doesn't seem to be zipping out of his hand that great. 

Doesn’t look very confident when he plants his feet to throw looks like he’s gingerly planting imo maybe it’s messing up his zip

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 draft predictions

1. I don't think the Raiders are taking a WR in RD1. I definitely think they take at least 1, but I don't expect it to be in the 1st Round. But I expect them to go Defense with both first round picks.

2. I don't think the Raiders trade back with either 12 or 19. I think they try to trade up with the 12th pick to get a Elite Defensive player (Okudah, Brown or Simmons). Then round out the defense with pick 19. 

3. I think the Raiders use 2 of their 3rd round picks to get into the RD2. There is a lot of value in the second round. I see a prospect that Mayock has a 1st round grade on being there in the late 40s and us packaging up to move into the second. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mayock himself said it's buyer beware with 1st round WR's. CB is a premium position, especially with Mahomeboy in the division. Henderson needs to clean up his tackling but in coverage he has the potential to be a lock down #1. 

I think Mayock was partially right about the WRs but its also what he should say if he wants other teams to think we're not taking a WR at 12 or 19.........

With regard Henderson, its not just cleaning up technique or footwork like it may be with a Delpit for example, the kid just doesn't want to tackle, has no desire, shows no backbone. No cure for that IMO. The runners aren't going to get slower, smaller and easier to tackle at the next level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

3 draft predictions

1. I don't think the Raiders are taking a WR in RD1. I definitely think they take at least 1, but I don't expect it to be in the 1st Round. But I expect them to go Defense with both first round picks.

2. I don't think the Raiders trade back with either 12 or 19. I think they try to trade up with the 12th pick to get a Elite Defensive player (Okudah, Brown or Simmons). Then round out the defense with pick 19. 

3. I think the Raiders use 2 of their 3rd round picks to get into the RD2. There is a lot of value in the second round. I see a prospect that Mayock has a 1st round grade on being there in the late 40s and us packaging up to move into the second. 

In that scenario we'd end up with 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 4th, and 1 5th? 5 draft picks?

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think Mayock was partially right about the WRs but its also what he should say if he wants other teams to think we're not taking a WR at 12 or 19.........

I want CeeDee Lamb at #12 but I think he's going to the Jets at #11 unfortunately. A lot of people are mocking them taking an OT but they signed George Fant to a 3 yr/$30M deal to play LT and they drafted Chuma Edoga in the 3rd last year who they apparently love at RT going forward. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Good teams build through the draft by adding quality depth throughout their roster. 

They’d be trading up for good reason. To get players that would have a bigger impact. 5 picks along with our FA additions takes care of our depth. We lack difference makers

Just now, Justwinning said:

They’d be trading up for good reason. To get players that would have a bigger impact. 5 picks along with our FA additions takes care of our depth. We lack difference makers

If we trade up for Okudah what defensive player are we getting at #19 that's going to be a difference maker? 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I want CeeDee Lamb at #12 but I think he's going to the Jets at #11 unfortunately. A lot of people are mocking them taking an OT but they signed George Fant to a 3 yr/$30M deal to play LT and they drafted Chuma Edoga in the 3rd last year who they apparently love at RT going forward. 

Jets go juedy if it's wr

• Like 2