2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

It’s not gonna happen but I wouldn’t have any issue if Mayock traded 12, 19, 91 (2212 points) for 3 (2200 points) and got Tua. Recycle Carr for a Late 2nd/Early 3rd and start Mariota. Would I do this myself? Probably not. But I’d have zero complaints if he actually did. Get WR/DT at 80/81 and sign a CB. 

I personally wouldn't trade up for Tua because of the medical concerns but also just because of how much talent he had around him at Alabama. 

Listening to Patrick Queen on SiriusXM, sounds like a great character. Think Littleton takes care of what Queens role would of been, but I’d have no issue with the selection. With Littleton taking care of the weak-side spot and covering TEs and LBs, I think if we take a LB, Zach Baun makes the most sense. Would play SLB, and Nickel LB with Littleton in Nickel Packages. He can cover and you blitz him in a lot of creative blitz packages. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

How likely is it that MIA and LAC stand pat and just wait for the QBs to fall to them?

Miami trades for Tua imo. They have way too much ammo and I think Tua has always been their guy. 

I don’t think Chargers select a QB at all in the 1st. People love forcing the Herbert pick but I think it’s 50/50, and they take an OT instead. They’ll sign Cam, before or after the draft, and draft Eason or Hurts in the 3rd. 

Herbert at 6 is a bit of a reach. Although I hope they do select Herbert at 6. I think he’ll be an underwhelming starter in the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

How likely is it that MIA and LAC stand pat and just wait for the QBs to fall to them?

I think it's pretty unlikely, if I had to bet on it I'd say Tua is selected #3 by whichever team moves up to get him. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Listening to Patrick Queen on SiriusXM, sounds like a great character. Think Littleton takes care of what Queens role would of been, but I’d have no issue with the selection. With Littleton taking care of the weak-side spot and covering TEs and LBs, I think if we take a LB, Zach Baun makes the most sense. Would play SLB, and Nickel LB with Littleton in Nickel Packages. He can cover and you blitz him in a lot of creative blitz packages. 

I wouldn't love the pick but I'd also be okay with Queen at #19. Nick Kwiatkoski should be a good 3-down player but he's also very unproven so someone like Queen provides an insurance policy. But even if Kwit lives up to expectations, having a third very good LB that can cover like Queen gives us a lot more flexibility on defense because we don't have to go into nickel as much.

• Like 1

The thing is, we know most, not all, 1st Round QB prospects are a huge gamble going in. Love/Herbert this year is a fantastic example. However, you also have the rare almost-sure things like Burrow/Tua. Two of the best QB Prospects in the past several years. These two are not shaky prospects like Baker/Kyler/etc. They are a rare breed. Only concern about Tua is his medicals. 

It’s not gonna happen but I wouldn’t have any issue if Mayock traded 12, 19, 91 (2212 points) for 3 (2200 points) and got Tua. Recycle Carr for a Late 2nd/Early 3rd and start Mariota. Would I do this myself? Probably not. But I’d have zero complaints if he actually did. Get WR/DT at 80/81 and sign a CB. 

I really hope Tua ends up in Miami or Washington so you eat your words.  I refuse to comment on QB's until I see what situation they land in but I assure you Tua is not some elite talent QB who will have success no matter where he ends up.  If he ends up in either Miami or Washington (or any other dumpster fire organization where he has to carry the load with no talent around him) he will pose terrible value for where he was selected.  You're making him out to be a generational talent with all the hype and I have watched football too long to buy that trash.  I don't see the hype train and it's also easy to play QB on a semi pro team, littered with 1st round talent playing against future mail men.  

If he somehow ends in in NE he has a chance but like I said his success will depend on his landing spot.

I hope he ends up on a trash team and you eat your words.  I won't forget how much you've hyped this guy up!

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I really hope Tua ends up in Miami or Washington so you eat your words.  I refuse to comment on QB's until I see what situation they land in but I assure you Tua is not some elite talent QB who will have success no matter where he ends up.  If he ends up in either Miami or Washington he will pose terrible value for where he was selected.  You're making him out to be a generational talent with all the hype and I have watched football too long to buy that trash.  I don't see the hype train and it's also easy to play QB on a semi pro team, littered with 1st round talent playing against future mail men.  

If he somehow ends in in NE he has a chance but like I said his success will depend on his landing spot.

I hope he ends up on a trash team and you eat your words.  I won't forget how much you've hyped this guy up!

Ahhh, the usual trademark Frankie Post. 

How much I’ve hyped this guy up? He’s a Top 3 Prospect on tons of boards. He’s right there with Burrow and Chase. As long as he doesn’t end up on Washington, I think he’ll have a phenomenal career, whether it’s Miami, Chargers, or Carolina. I hope to god he doesn’t end up on the Chargers. 

We’ll see in 3-4 years and you eat your words on QBs, as always lol. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ahhh, the usual trademark Frankie Post. 

How much I’ve hyped this guy up? He’s a Top 3 Prospect on tons of boards. He’s right there with Burrow and Chase. As long as he doesn’t end up on Washington, I think he’ll have a phenomenal career, whether it’s Miami, Chargers, or Carolina. I hope to god he doesn’t end up on the Chargers. 

We’ll see in 3-4 years and you eat your words on QBs, as always lol. 

When have I ate my words before on a QB?  "He's a top 3 guy on most boards right there with Burrow and Chase"  LOL Putting Tua and Chase int he same universe is laughable.  I hope he ends up on Miami because you and these other experts will look like sheep fools who can't think for themselves.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

I wouldn’t like it because I’m not a big Tua fan. I see why some people are though. But I’d be very against starting Mariota. Don’t think he’ll have enough time to learn the offense. 

Just now, Blazer026 said:

I wouldn’t like it because I’m not a big Tua fan. I see why some people are though. But I’d be very against starting Mariota. Don’t think he’ll have enough time to learn the offense. 

Very fair. I’m not sure I see 2020 as a playoff year though regardless. I expect 7 to 8 wins this year and 2021 to 2024 being our contending years. 

Although I certainly hope we do make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

The draft can't get here soon enough. I am fascinated to see what Mayock does.  I want to build a bully on D and I know we need a premium talent at WR.  I wont comment on specific players but I will say that hitting on an interior pass rusher, edge/ pass rushing LB, WR, CB and RB are all critical for this team to make large strides.  I think the O is closer than the D at this point.