2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I remember quite a bit of Love..er..love on the forum. Many here wanted him because of his Mahomes level potential. I think since FA people have eased off of him Especially after the Raiders passed on Brady and Rivers. Personally i think if he had a pro day he’d have received more hype as a prospect. 

I woulda been all for it if we signed Brady. Don’t really want him now that we signed Mariota. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

While I agree Jeudy is very good, I would disagree on the A+. But I suppose it depends on how you define "route running." Jeudy has supreme understanding and experience of routes and their nuances. But actually running those routes against NFL CBs requires a level of physicality and athleticism to be elite. I do not believe Jeudy does.

Route running has become a redundant talking point. Again, the best WRs in the game are adequate route runners. You don't have to be "elite" at running routes. The fact the best selling point for Jeudy is... "he is an A+ route runner" is exactly why I don't like him at 12. What other traits does he wow you with? He's not physical, he drops balls when contested, he's not got game breaking speed. He's skinny, small framed and played most slot. A+ route runner... what else adds up to he show that doesn't place him as as high end #2 at the next level?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think this requires context though. I only wanted Love under one condition: Tom Brady. Do I want Love right now at 12 or 19? No. Although I’d be totally open to it, like anything Mayock does. 

But yes, I guess I did technically say it, so I’ll an L here. 

This is nonsense. You were all over love with crazy hot takes about his elite skill set, etc. For 2 weeks you were talking up Love forum wide. I remember JTagg taking you to task repeatedly in the draft forum. You wanted to draft Love and that was abundantly clear by most paying attention. You used Love as a constant replacement for Carr and argument against Carr supporters. 

Tying Brady into it is laughable. What QB ever learned from Brady and went on to mass success? That argument is as see through as can be. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

I woulda been all for it if we signed Brady. Don’t really want him now that we signed Mariota. 

Same. I like Love's potential. Will need a year or 2. With Mariota signing, QB spot is as good as it's going to get for the time being.

• Like 3

Read an article by a Raiders Beat Writer that Mayock and Gruden were bummed that Hurts had such a fantastic Pro Day and Combine. He possibly went from a 4th Round Selection to a Late 2nd Round Selection. If the Raiders do indeed wants Hurts they may have to trade ahead of the Lions and Panthers, who both attended his Pro Day and have been linked all over the place to him. 

I’m not advocating this, but if they do indeed trade up, Pick 60 with the Ravens would make the most sense. Ravens don’t have a lot of needs at that spot. And Pick 80 and 91 meet the value of the Pick. I think they’d gladly be willing to trade down. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is nonsense. You were all over love with crazy hot takes about his elite skill set, etc. For 2 weeks you were talking up Love forum wide. I remember JTagg taking you to task repeatedly in the draft forum. You wanted to draft Love and that was abundantly clear by most paying attention. You used Love as a constant replacement for Carr and argument against Carr supporters. 

Tying Brady into it is laughable. What QB ever learned from Brady and went on to mass success? That argument is as see through as can be. 

Because I hyped up Love means I wanted the Raiders to draft him, outside of Brady? I have never once pounded the table for Love to the Raiders or as a Derek Carr replacement. Yes, I did hype him up, because I believe in the guy much more than Herbert who was getting all the hype on the forum. Not to mention I love QBs and will hype guys up even if we have Prime Peyton Manning.  I’m sure I’ve mentioned I’m ok with Love at 12/19, just like I say about almost every prospect because of Mayock. 

Edited by BayRaider

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because I hyped up Love means I wanted the Raiders to draft him, outside of Brady? I have never once pounded the table for Love to the Raiders or as a Derek Carr replacement. Yes, I did hype him up, because I believe in the guy much more than Herbert who was getting all the hype on the forum. Not to mention I love QBs and will hype guys up even if we have Prime Peyton Manning.  I’m sure I’ve mentioned I’m ok with Love at 12/19, just like I say about almost every prospect because of Mayock. 

Who was hyping Herbert?

• Like 1

I just rewatched the Raider/Bronco game from Week 1 and Abram was a real tone setter/made a huge difference. This guy likes contact and has tremendous range. 

Add Defense at 19 (preferably CB, but DT or Baun is fine) and Rod Marinelli as DL Coach (best DL coach in the business) and our defense may look like a Top 15 unit for the first time in decades. Defense through the draft is always the key to championships, physical, great, young defenses win Super Bowls. Unless you have a Reid/Mahomes/Hill combo. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Read an article by a Raiders Beat Writer that Mayock and Gruden were bummed that Hurts had such a fantastic Pro Day and Combine. He possibly went from a 4th Round Selection to a Late 2nd Round Selection. If the Raiders do indeed wants Hurts they may have to trade ahead of the Lions and Panthers, who both attended his Pro Day and have been linked all over the place to him. 

I’m not advocating this, but if they do indeed trade up, Pick 60 with the Ravens would make the most sense. Ravens don’t have a lot of needs at that spot. And Pick 80 and 91 meet the value of the Pick. I think they’d gladly be willing to trade down. 

I don't think a QB is in our plans anymore. We already have Carr in his third year in the system, the highest backup in the league in Mariota, and if we want to carry a third QB we'll likely let Peterman and Kizer battle it out for that spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who was hyping Herbert?

The draft section. Plus they hated Love. Not to mention the non-stop media parade for Herbert. 

You guys will have to deal with me hyping up QBs every year, regardless who our QB is. I love QBs. I like Jordan Love quite a bit. I like Burrow and Tua quite a bit. Last year I loved Murray and had a man-crush on Ryan Finley’s Football IQ/Pocket Presence (didn’t have a 1st Round grade on him though). 

Just like Gruden, I’ll be talking about them every year. Doesn’t mean I want them on the Raiders. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think I like reagor more than Jefferson. One of the worst catchable target rates in the country. He looks more explosive, can play outside, and just feels more dynamic to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if reagor ends up better than Ruggs.

This WR class seems to be getting closer and closer by the day. You can even debate Jeudy/Lamb are not as far ahead of the others as originally thought. 

This is why I’ve always been fine trading out of 12, or selecting a defensive player. 

The issue though is, if you stay at 12, and Okudah/Brown/Simmons are gone, WR is far and away BPA. You gotta select it. I’m still not sold on Henderson. And I think Kinlaw is very raw, but I like him.