2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Corners take a year to develop, even the best ones, so taking a Nickel CB now like Robertson to replace Joyner in 2021 (not confident in Joyner at all) is a solid move. Mullen + Johnson/Terrell + Robertson could be a ruthless trio. And hopefully Isaiah Johnson develops into at least a solid 4th CB and great special teams player. 

Take AJ Terrell at #19, Ashtyn Davis at #80, and Amik Robertson at #91. 

Our starting secondary in 2021 could be: 

CB - Mullen

CB - Terrell

NB - Robertson

SS - Abram

FS - Davis

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Shenault Jr in 2nd or late first after trade back wouldn't be bad at all. 4.58 isn't his real speed I don't think. He pulls away from guys pretty well on tape.

He ran that hurt too. He is baller, I kept hyping him up as the Colorado guy. Kinda feeling going defense in the 1st and trading up for Mims, Shenault or Reagor in the early 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wish it wasn't so obvious we are going WR, and CB. Teams could move up and get a CB before 19....Should sign a vet CB so teams can't see our hand on draft night. 

You really never know, obviously it makes sense for us.. but trade down is still possible and get a 2nd. Also... Not always about our needs, it's about how board falls and other teams need. Maybe kinlaw is there at 19 and some team wants him bad. 

Plenty of CBs to choose from and wrs at 19-3rd rd.

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He ran that hurt too. He is baller, I kept hyping him up as the Colorado guy. Kinda feeling going defense in the 1st and trading up for Mims, Shenault or Reagor in the early 2nd. 

Could be Larry fitzish mixed with Patterson.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who was hyping Herbert?

No one, be invented that To be his straw men argument as a way of not defending the negative information in the Love video and instead turns the subject to Herbert being a likely bust, too.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reagor or Shenault with a trade down is way better value than Lamb or Ruggs at #12. 

I think this Depends on where we trade down for / what we get plus Reagor or Shenault.

the problem lamb supporters (myself included) will claim only Lamb and maybe Jeudy are #1 WRs.  We’ll claim we need a #1 WR and or the value of a WR1 exceeds getting a WR2/3 in Reagor/Shenault.  Personally i see both as mid (Reagor) and low (Shenault) level starters.

At this point Tee Higgins is falling so far he might be worth trading back for , or even up from 80.

Edited by jimkelly02

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wish it wasn't so obvious we are going WR, and CB. Teams could move up and get a CB before 19....Should sign a vet CB so teams can't see our hand on draft night. 

I feel like we’re going to draft a CB and sign a veteran FA CB... so why not just sign them before the draft to hide our hand. Teams know what cards we got (.need wr and CB).  I doubt Worley, Kirkpatrick, T.Johnson will cost much less after the draft.  The market is bottomed out and can’t get much lower. 

• Like 2

Per WalterFootball:

The Raiders really like Jalen Reagor. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network  Pauline notes that the Raiders are planning for a receiver-heavy draft, and that Reagor could be their target with their second pick in the opening round. It's worth noting that Pauline reported this before Reagor's combine workout.

Very nice. Reagor is growing on me by the day. I think if he had a little better qb play, his highlight reel would have been a lot longer.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Per WalterFootball:

The Raiders really like Jalen Reagor. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network  Pauline notes that the Raiders are planning for a receiver-heavy draft, and that Reagor could be their target with their second pick in the opening round. It's worth noting that Pauline reported this before Reagor's combine workout.

Very nice. Reagor is growing on me by the day. I think if he had a little better qb play, his highlight reel would have been a lot longer.

There were similar rumors about us really liking Reagor a few weeks ago too.