2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And if Mullen gets injured as it stands, our season is toast.

Yup. A #1 CB will always be on the field and a key part of our defense. As I've said before, I love Simmons, he's probably my favorite prospect in the class. But the value that he'd provide, covering TE's/RB's, playing in the slot, etc. isn't needed as much anymore with Littleton, Kwit, and Abram. Don't get me wrong, if he's on the board at #12 I think you have to take him and figure out fit later but I definitely wouldn't give up two 1st round picks to go get him.

• Like 1

The only two players I'd consider a small trade up for would be Okudah or Brown, and that's only if I had to give up a single third to get there. If not you can have a guy like CJ Henderson or Javon Kinlaw at #12 who aren't far off from those two while keeping all of your draft capital.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder how his medical recheck went. Also interesting that players have to have their rechecks done by the doctors from the NFL team closest to their college. So for example Shenault would've had his recheck done by the Broncos who would've sent it out to the other 31 teams. 

Do you think teams are going to trust other team doctors?  Like there’s no advantage to spreading info that’s advantageous to your teams draft plans?

are they really doing this?  Seems like a horrible idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Get ready for a wild ride...

This is the case every year. The average fan picks correct is 5/32 in mocks and the media is 6/32 average. 

For most accurate results, Charlie Campbell is back to back to back Mock Draft Champion with 11/32 in 2017, 10/32 in 2018, and 10/32 in 2019. This is the draft he posts on Draft Day. 

The NFL Draft is the most unpredictable thing in sports. One of the reasons I love it so much. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Do you think teams are going to trust other team doctors?  Like there’s no advantage to spreading info that’s advantageous to your teams draft plans?

are they really doing this?  Seems like a horrible idea.

That's something Q from the Locked on Raiders podcast was saying. You have to trust the medical rechecks from other teams who could very well give you information that pushes a guy down to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

This is the case every year. The average fan picks correct is 5/32 in mocks and the media is 6/32 average. 

For most accurate results, Charlie Campbell is back to back to back Mock Draft Champion with 11/32 in 2017, 10/32 in 2018, and 10/32 in 2019. This is the most he posts on Draft Day. 

The NFL Draft is the most unpredictable thing in sports. One of the reasons I love it so much. 

I’ve talked about this.  Often evaluators hedge their bets and go with the consensus opinion more than evaluating players in a bubble.  

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's something Q from the Locked on Raiders podcast was saying. You have to trust the medical rechecks from other teams who could very well give you information that pushes a guy down to them.

Yeah this seems like a real ethical problem.  
So New Orleans is doing Tua’s medical Evals?

Edited by jimkelly02

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah this seems like a real ethical problem.  
So New Orleans is doing Tua’s medical Evals?

I'd assume that Atlanta would be doing his recheck. He's also an interesting case because he has independelty had two separate surgeons do rechecks that his agent sent out to teams. 

7 hours ago, massraider said:

I use the Draft Network and PFF one.

Having a blast with both.

How’s the PFF one? I feel the TDN one is one of the greatest things ever invented lol. Sooo easy to do mocks compared to last year with this tool. And I love the easy-trade feature. 

6 hours ago, massraider said:

TDN is new.

Main dude is Kyle Crabbs, who came out of nowhere a few years ago with NDT Scouting (I think it was called).  

He had some very different takes, I always liked reading his rankings. Waaay too many of these guys suddenly manage to change their rankings after someone else in the herd does, or worse, when rumors of a player moving up encourages them to "go back and look at the tape". Oy.......

The other guys on the site were all established beforehand, Marino and Solak etc., and they started the site 2017, I think.  It's great.

Crabbs and Marino are great. I disagree with a lot of their analysis but they are VERY detailed and I respect them very much. 

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Terrell may have been the #2 CB in this class all along. Media/Fans pushed him down after the National Championship. Teams probably did not. He was arguably the best corner all year after Okudah. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Chill he’s on highlight video 489,316

500k is his goal to beat his record last year lol

side note: hb I’m glad you stopped making 50 million mocks. Props for that it makes you focus more on your craft imo

HB’s Posts have done a 360 over the past 4-5 months. I’ve really enjoyed his takes. He’s become one of the better posters in here. Outside of the bickering (which I wish would stop) this subforum has great posters/analysis. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jaylon is still my Pick at 19. Don’t see it changing. Only other players I like there at that spot are Ross Blacklock and AJ Terrell. But I prefer Jaylon Johnson. 

With the Raiders you always gotta expect the unexpected regarding the draft. I feel like this year you gotta expect it even more. I honestly have no clue what they will do. You can make a case for all these players at 12 and 19. Then add no pro days no visits. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

Media/Fans kept hyping up the WR class, but the RB class is the true star of the show here. 

D’Andre Swift, Jonathan Taylor, CEH, JK Dobbins, Zack Moss, Cam Akers. These 6 could be feature backs. Not to mention the crazy depth of duo backs/spell backs from the Late 3rd-Late 5th Range. 

One of the best years to need a RB ever, especially the value you’re getting. You can argue the Top 4 are first round talents that you’ll get in the second round. 

As many people in the draft section stated, if Etienne came out, this is probably the greatest RB class of all time. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

No trades mock for you ladies and gentlemen. 

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

19 - AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson 

80 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California

81 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

91 - Zack Moss | RB | Utah

121 - McTelvin Agim | DT | Arkansas 

159 - Tanner Muse | LB | Clemson

simple and effective. if we ended up with this group I would be very, very happy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Media/Fans kept hyping up the WR class, but the RB class is the true star of the show here. 

D’Andre Swift, Jonathan Taylor, CEH, JK Dobbins, Zack Moss, Cam Akers. These 6 could be feature backs. Not to mention the crazy depth of duo backs/spell backs from the Late 3rd-Late 5th Range. 

One of the best years to need a RB ever, especially the value you’re getting. You can argue the Top 4 are first round talents that you’ll get in the second round. 

As many people in the draft section stated, if Etienne came out, this is probably the greatest RB class of all time. 

I was thinking this is a really good class for RB. Should have no issue adding a stud in the 3th and probably could find a good back on day 3. 

• Like 1