2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

He uses DFP Ads, Google Double Click for Publishers.

Why do you think he is using coinhive or something like it when coinhive isn't in the code anywhere?

I haven’t visited WF since April for Charlies Draft Day Mock, so perhaps he took it out. It also seems coinhive shut down in March 2019. How ironic. 

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think if Jacobs didn't fracture his shoulder, he seemed fine managing the load. RB is somewhat of a luxury. I like both of those guys, but I'm sure we can get a decent RB in the 4th or later . It happens every year. Gibson, Kelley, and Dillon could all be there in the 4th and offer different but valuable skillsets. Plus tons of DB depth in the mid rounds I'd rather invest in, like Amik Robertson or Burgess in the range those backs will go in. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a UDFA RB emerges as a good backup for us this year.

Jacobs only had 250 carries in college and in his first year carrying the load got hurt and had to miss 3 games. You don't want to run him into the ground again this season. Plus if he were to go down we really don't have anything behind him, Richard only has 94 carries the last two seasons combined. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hurst actually has a very good pressure rate. Didn't get enough snaps (no idea why). Hall I agree. 

Collins is a good interior pass rusher.  Still, I would pass up almost any player in this draft to get Derrick Brown. He looks like a near elite talent IMO. So I agree that we can still get better at DT.

If Brown is there you run to the podium to make the pick. Brown + Collins would give us a super legit interior pass rush. I like Kinlaw as well but not as much as Brown. 

At this point I'd be okay with Ruggs, Lamb, Jeudy, Brown, Kinlaw, or Henderson at #12. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs only had 250 carries in college and in his first year carrying the load got hurt and had to miss 3 games. You don't want to run him into the ground again this season. Plus if he were to go down we really don't have anything behind him, Richard only has 94 carries the last two seasons combined. 

I’d rather not take a RB in the 3rd but I think someone will fall. Happens every year. Could be moss honestly because of his 40.

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not saying that we give up on them, Hurst and Hall are quality depth but they are average at best in generating pressure from up the middle. 

I like the Collins signing but he is hardly a proven commodity and has injury concerns.  We need a stud interior rusher and having that player will do wonders for the D as a whole, especially our pass rush. 

if they all flop then I'll draft a DT in the 2021 1st round, or spend big in free agency

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’d rather not take a RB in the 3rd but I think someone will fall. Happens every year. Could be moss honestly because of his 40.

Vic Tafur said they kept Gabe Jackson because they want the same identity this year on offense, a smash mouth, power running team. Having another young quality back allows you to keep Jacobs fresh and extends his career. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

if they all flop then I'll draft a DT in the 2021 1st round, or spend big in free agency

Not really a ton of premier DT's in free agency next year unless Chris Jones, Kenny Clark, or Cameron Heyward hit the market. I could see us targeting someone like Marvin Wilson out of FSU though in the draft. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hurst and Hall in 2 years have shown nothing more than rotational pieces.  Hust has shown more promise than Hall but neither have shown more than average play.  

I like Collins and I know his pass rushing ability but keep in mind he is going to a team with an inferior supporting cast along the Dline and D overall.  

If a player like Brown slips to 12 are you telling me you would pass on him because of what we have along our Dline?

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/First_N_Goal1/status/1251150205606486016?s=20https://twitter.com/First_N_Goal1/status/1251150205606486016?s=20

The only position Wonderlic matters for. Historically, QB's with under a 20 Wonderlic do not succeed from a pure passing standpoint. Yes, you'll have outliers like Dan Marino at 16 and others, but percentages of QBs succeeding under 20 are absolutely horrendous. And the average Wonderlic Score for a Super Bowl winning QB is 30.7.

Tua at 13 is a huge concern imo. I mean, he's still definitely QB2 in this class imo, but 13 is just really, really bad. I would of thought Tua would of been one of the smarter QBs in this class.

Burrow at 34 is pretty impressive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What positions do you think we should be targeting in the 3rd if we stay put?  I would venture to say that a WR in the 3rd is almost certain considering the value and how pathetic our WR's are. 

We need a back behind Jacobs, no way we can go into the season with Richard as our primary backup.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What positions do you think we should be targeting in the 3rd if we stay put?  I would venture to say that a WR in the 3rd is almost certain considering the value and how pathetic our WR's are. 

We need a back behind Jacobs, no way we can go into the season with Richard as our primary backup.  

To me, the 3rd is all about the players available. For the 3rd I love S Terrell Burgess, S Ashtyn Davis, DT Jordan Elliott, RB Zack Moss, EDGE Darrell Taylor, WR Michael Pittman Jr., WR Donovan People-Jones.

It all really depends who's there. Burgess or Davis and Elliott at 80/81 would be the best 80-81 combination we could possibly hope for IMO. Although it's very possible those three players will be gone.