2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it was due to drinking too much water, not sure though. He's going to be a beast though, start him at SLB and play him off the edge in passing situations. 

With Crosby, Ferrell and now Nassib is Baun really going to see enough snaps to make it worthwhile taking him #19? We have bigger holes to fill than a backup pass rusher.

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Where does everyone think Ashtyn Davis will go? Just seen Chad Reuter’s mock and has him going in the 6th round :o. I thought we wouldn’t get him in the 3rd tbh.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109774/article/chad-reuter-sevenround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-round-1

Darrynton Evans is a RB I like, can return kicks as well.

If Davis would've been able to workout at the combine or pro day I think he would've been a 2nd round pick. He would've been the most athletic safety at the combine by a pretty wide margin. I read there was a concern about his medical recheck as well so I think he'll fall to the third round. Would love to add him at #80/#81. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What do we need on offense? QB room is fine, OL depth is fine, and TE depth is fine. If we add a young WR that room should be solid and a mid-round pick at RB and that group should be fine as well. 

I'd feel confident going into the season with our current offense plus an early pick WR like CeeDee Lamb and a mid round pick RB like Zack Moss. 

I think the offense needs to add two receivers within the first two days of the draft. I don't want Zay Jones and Nelson Agholor to make the team.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

With Crosby, Ferrell and now Nassib is Baun really going to see enough snaps to make it worthwhile taking him #19? 

That's a good point. But being able to start him at SLB keeps him on the field at least 40% of the time and you can never have too many pass rushers. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

If Davis would've been able to workout at the combine or pro day I think he would've been a 2nd round pick. He would've been the most athletic safety at the combine by a pretty wide margin. I read there was a concern about his medical recheck as well so I think he'll fall to the third round. Would love to add him at #80/#81. 

If he’s there in the 3rd then it’s a no brainer for me. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That's a good point. But being able to start him at SLB keeps him on the field at least 40% of the time and you can never have too many pass rushers. 

I get that but spending a 1st round pick is too rich for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I think the offense needs to add two receivers within the first two days of the draft. I don't want Zay Jones and Nelson Agholor to make the team.

Meh. If you get a guy like Lamb at #12 I think your top 3 WR's are set with Lamb/Williams/Renfrow. Agholor and Jones are both coming off of down years but they're good depth as the 4/5 WRs. Agholor combined for 126 receptions, 1,504 yards, and 12 TD's in 2017/2018 plus he has value as returner. While Jones put up 652 yards and 7 TD in 2018 playing with a rookie Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. If you get a guy like Lamb at #12 I think your top 3 WR's are set with Lamb/Williams/Renfrow. Agholor and Jones are both coming off of down years but they're good depth as the 4/5 WRs. Agholor combined for 126 receptions, 1,504 yards, and 12 TD's in 2017/2018 plus he has value as returner. While Jones put up 652 yards and 7 TD in 2018 playing with a rookie Josh Allen. 

Better core but if u get a guy in 3rd that is better than Williams u get him. Can always cut ties with Williams to save money later.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dessie said:

If he’s there in the 3rd then it’s a no brainer for me. 

Yup. He's the most athletic safety in the class and has the range and ball skills to be a ball hawking center fielder. Plus he has experience playing in the nickel, is one of the best return guys in the draft, and should be able to contribute all across special teams early on. As a single high safety the last two years he forced more incompletions/interceptions than catches allowed. That's the reason I'd love him here, because having a FS with true single high range would allow us to get a lot more creative with how we use Abram. You could almost use Abram as a WLB a lot of the time with Randall/Davis at safety. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Better core but if u get a guy in 3rd that is better than Williams u get him. Can always cut ties with Williams to save money later.

Unlikely that we're going to find a WR in the third who's going to produce at a higher level than Williams. He was on pace for a 1,000+ yard and 10+ TD before he got hurt and was a 1,000+ yard guy the only season he got 100+ targets. Plus he's one of the better deep threat WR's in the league. If you want to move on from Williams after this season you can get your #2 in the draft or free agency next year. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Another scenario I'd be happy with would be going CeeDee Lamb at #12 and then trading #19 & #91 to Atlanta for #16 to move ahead of the Cowboys for CJ Henderson. 

Would you trade up from 19 to secure AJ Terrell?

Because as the draft nears, im starting to think Henderson is gone at #9 to Jacksonville.

* Trade #12 to Philadelphia for #21 & #53* - Moving up for CeeDee Lamb

* Trade #21 to LAC for #37 & #71* - Moving up for Josh Jones

19 - AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson

37 - Marlon Davidson | DT | Auburn

53 - Laviska Shenault | WR | Colorado 

71 - Cam Akers | RB | Florida State

80 - Ashtyn Davis | FS | California

81 - Darrell Taylor | Edge | Tennessee 

91 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

121 - John Simpson | OG | Clemson 

159 - Tyler Johnson | WR | Minnesota 

8 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Would you trade up from 19 to secure AJ Terrell?

Because as the draft nears, im starting to think Henderson is gone at #9 to Jacksonville.

Don't think he's worth trade up. Rather trade back and get diggs or Fulton

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But you're advocating in your original post in taking two defensive players in the first round.

The important thing in the NFL at receiver is core quality and versatility. When I look around the league, I see corps which are much much better than what the Raiders have between Waller, Williams, and Renfrow. Williams and Renfrow are more like a 3 and 4 respectively.

Williams is very limited as a route runner in Gruden's offense and really only lined up at one spot (X). Renfrow is similarly limited in that he's not going to play outside. The problem arises when injuries occur and you have a gaping hole at one of the receiver positions. Receiver has evolved to the point where there isn't a true X, Y, or Z, but each player must be able to play each position effectively. 

Investing multiple picks at the position in a draft which has a lot of depth at the position is the smart thing to do. Like last year, when the Raiders leveraged the strength of the draft by taking two defensive ends, the Raiders can leverage the strength of this draft by taking two starting-caliber receivers.

• Like 1