2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think he’s much closer to Cooks, which is no insult.  

Cooks when healthy between 2015-2018 had a minimum of 65+ catches, 1,080+ yards, and 5+ TD. And during that stretch he averaged 77 receptions for 1,150 yards and 7 TD. In the 7 years that Desean Jackson was healthy he averaged 60 receptions for 1,085 yards, and 6 TD. If Ruggs reaches his peak that's around the ball park of production I'd expect him to have as well. 

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

My only problem with this is I do not believe Johnson is there in the 5th. However I would be fine just replacing Taylor with Johnson and use 159 on muse

Tyler Johnson has been long reported to not being liked by scouts nearly as much as fans.  There’s been several reports of this dating back months.

the problem with drafting 9 players is it’s hard to fit them all on the team.  Even if we could it would mean no room to get any more FAs after the combine with the remaining 8.7+M we have.

the larger drafts would push veteran backups off the 53 man roster (it’s not a real 55 man roster, 2 PS guys can be activated on a game to game basis).

Evans looked like he was really light on his feet, but his feet got airborne and not grounded for extra explosion to me later in the game. Started noticing when he just had nothing in pass blocking his feet aren't set. Then I noticed his spins arent set either more like a last ditch to make a tackle less gripped to squeeze a yard or two extra. I could see him as a rotational back with some slot play and reverses and all that. Like he looks like he slows for contact or whatever to think of his path instead of full speed make a choice on the fly. When he went fast and had his feet set on the ground and stringed some things together like early in the game he looked sick though. Like he slows both feet active but set and jukes a guy before stepping into a chosen path that stuff was great. I also liked how he id'd the gaps and would start to crowd the line and duck into the correct gap. I think he'd be good in a Shannahan/Kubiak offense as a 49er/Viking rotational developmental guy. I just think he needs a lot of pass blocking work and then play like he did early in that game where he seemed to have a plan.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cooks when healthy between 2015-2018 had a minimum of 65+ catches, 1,080+ yards, and 5+ TD. And during that stretch he averaged 77 receptions for 1,150 yards and 7 TD. In the 7 years that Desean Jackson was healthy he averaged 60 receptions for 1,085 yards, and 6 TD. If Ruggs reaches his peak that's around the ball park of production I'd expect him to have as well. 

Yeah. I’d go further to say he’ll 1-2 years of high TD totals (8-11) years with the rest at 4-7ish.  The Smaller, speedy WRs often have very varied TD totals.

Using player comparisons, skill-set, this is what I'd project the top guys to be if they reach their peak.

CeeDee Lamb: 92 receptions, 1,320 yards (14.3 avg), 11 TD

Jerry Jeudy: 84 receptions, 1,250 yards (14.8 avg), 7 TD

Henry Ruggs: 69 receptions, 1,165 yards (16.8 avg) 7 TD 

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Tyler Johnson has been long reported to not being liked by scouts nearly as much as fans.  There’s been several reports of this dating back months.

I like Johnson in the 4th/5th, he could be like a lesser version of Crabtree in the league. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Using player comparisons, skill-set, this is what I'd project the top guys to be if they reach their peak.

CeeDee Lamb: 92 receptions, 1,320 yards (14.3 avg), 11 TD

Jerry Jeudy: 84 receptions, 1,250 yards (14.8 avg), 7 TD

Henry Ruggs: 69 receptions, 1,165 yards (16.8 avg) 7 TD 

That’s a really good estimate imo.  The reason I prefer Lamb is I feel he’d have the most consistent production throughout his career.  I can see Ruggs having a good deal of volatility in his production year to year. 

33 minutes ago, Trojan said:

nice they got a cut up of his game v. South Carolina so can watch Kinlaw too if anyone else is interested

Kinlaw is a guy that I keep coming back too as a potential pick at #12/#19. He's raw but so was Chris Jones coming out of Mississippi State. With the right coaching staff he could be a pro bowl level talent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Johnson in the 4th/5th, he could be like a lesser version of Crabtree in the league. 

I like Johnson there.  But I do fear he might be better college player than pro.  I’m not saying that as a fact, just a fear.  Ron Johnson from Minnesota was like that too,,, still can’t believe he never made it in the nfl.

https://bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-sports/ex-gopher-tyler-johnson-shocked-by-reports-of-character-concerns

If we are going to double dip at WR who do you guys want us to target and when? Based off of recent mocks it looks like Pittman, Higgins, Claypool, and Hamler will likely all be off the board by the time pick 80 rolls around. 

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a really good estimate imo.  The reason I prefer Lamb is I feel he’d have the most consistent production throughout his career.  I can see Ruggs having a good deal of volatility in his production year to year. 

Man ya'll crazy if is Ruggs is your #1 guy he is going to get the ball, this "he's not a high volume guy" is ridiculous, and the ability to take it to the house on any touch is scary. And I honestly see more guy's that can develop into Lamb type Wr's later in the draft.