OTAs

Thaiphoon

On 6/28/2019 at 11:01 PM, turtle28 said:

I’m looking forward to him playing this preseason and possibly making the team.

He had 10 recs, 122 yds and a TD last preseason 

That's my guy ! Hoping he can do good . Excellent speed . 4.45 I think .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not the situational defensive line up we should use.

It should be moving Kerrigan to DE in our nickel/dime defense next to 2 of our DL - Allen/Payne/Ioannidis. Then,  Anderson in at LOLB, LILB - JH Clemons, RILB - SDH, ROLB - Sweat.

The only point I wanted to be notice is there is a way to get Sweat, Kerrigan, and Anderson on the field at the sametime. 

57 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Guess you haven't watched his film. He rushed from the ILB position in college. 

It was’t really as an ILB, it was just standing up as a pass rusher rushing from the inside. They used to do that in Haslett’s defense.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The only point I wanted to be notice is there is a way to get Sweat, Kerrigan, and Anderson on the field at the sametime. 

Yeah but I doubt Manusky does it. Hasslet used to do things like that when he was our defensive coordinator. Manusky hasn’t though, he didn’t do it when he had Kerrigan, PSmith and Galette in 2017 which was such a waste of their pass rushing ability they could have brought together. We didn’t use Galette enough in 2017, he was best pass rusher that year. 

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Guess you haven't watched his film. He rushed from the ILB position in college. 

He didn’t play ILB though. The defensive coordinator moved him around the line of scrimmage and sometimes he rushed from the inside if he wasn’t rushing on either edge. That’s not the same as playing ILB.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

In that formation did both regular ILBs stay on the field? 

Yes, both ILBs are on the field and they take off 1 or 2 defensive linemen.

Hasslet called it the NASCAR Package.

We used to move Kerrigan to DE and rush next to the DTs. 

I wish Manusky had done that when we had Galette in 2017.

We could have had this line up on 3rd & long:

ROLB: Galette

RDE: PSmith 

DT: Allen/Ioannidis

LOLB: Kerrigan 

Instead, we left two 3-4 DTs on the field on 3rd and long while Galette or PSmith were on the sideline and our pass rush wasn’t as good as it could have been.

The truth is I think sweat could have more sacks lined up at FS the Ryan Anderson could have lined up beside the other teams RB to tell you the truth at this point!!! Give sweat a breather but he’s a heck of a football player was personally one of my favorite going into this season and didn’t disappoint!! So happy he’s here. We actually have a player with elite level ability on this roster along with Collins Guice and I personally believe in Haskins with time. And of course reeds 6 plays before the nagging injury 4 weeks before his IR stint 

we have other uber talented players on defense and offense but I was mentioning skill players I think our lines are good with health!!!!

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

Honestly I do not understand why anyone would want to take anyone off the field for Anderson.I understand that certain people needed a new guy to beat the gong of hopelessness for once Lauvo was not resigned.But he is career backup material.Bring him in on obvious running downs maybe.We have better options than him for rushing the QB

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Honestly I do not understand why anyone would want to take anyone off the field for Anderson.I understand that certain people needed a new guy to beat the gong of hopelessness for once Lauvo was not resigned.But he is career backup material.Bring him in on obvious running downs maybe.We have better options than him for rushing the QB

Probably true

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The one guy on that list I'm confused about is Dunbar. The rest have major contracts already and in theory should have plenty of money stocked away. Dunbar just signed his "next" contract at 3y/$5.75M. Him leaving $100K on the table seems silly to me, but hey, who am I to judge?

Also, not all that thrilled that nominally three of expected starters in the secondary all missed that mark.