10    Nov 10    KC @ TEN    1:00 PM    CBS         
11    Nov 18    KC @ LAC    8:15 PM    ESPN 
12     Bye
13    Dec 01    OAK @ KC    1:00 PM    CBS
14    Dec 08    KC @ NE        4:25 PM    CBS         
15    Dec 15    DEN @ KC    1:00 PM    CBS         
16    Dec 22    KC @ CHI    8:20 PM    NBC         
17    Dec 29    LAC @ KC    1:00 PM    CBS    

I expect a game day thread each week. This thread is to talk about the schedule, where we stand, what to expect, tough games and soft spots coming up. Rather than game headlines, post league wide things here, ie who dropped out of first with a loss or grabbed the wildcard lead with a win. T start, here is a thought from Wire on potential trap games.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/29/kansas-city-chiefs-3-potential-trap-games-2019/

Their picks, Week #2 on the road against the Raiders, Week#6 against the Texans and Week #15 against the Broncos

J

Let's kick this off with two road wins to set Arrowhead on fire once the team plays its first home game to go 3-0.

After that ... it's football season ... 

Talking about the opponents as such is a moot point as that has been set 10 years ago (with the exception of two games).

What is more of a concern for me is the number of "prime time" games - which effectively means me (and other Europeans) being unable to watch them live ... if at all.

I agree with the article that the second road game, against Oakland/LV, is a trap game. I do not expect the defense to be fully dialed in yet and the team may look past the Raiders. Winning on the road is never easy. That said, 3-0 looks doable, depending on the Ravens new look defense. Last I checked they planned to start Brandon Carr at CB. He was a great 6th round pick for us, back in the Jamaal Charles draft.

J

23 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Let's kick this off with two road wins to set Arrowhead on fire once the team plays its first home game to go 3-0.

After that ... it's football season ... 

Talking about the opponents as such is a moot point as that has been set 10 years ago (with the exception of two games).

What is more of a concern for me is the number of "prime time" games - which effectively means me (and other Europeans) being unable to watch them live ... if at all.

The prime time games are a real pain here too. KO is 8.20 or 9.20am, depending on daylight savings. The 1am and 4am KOs arent that much easier tbh ha. It's tough watching the NFL in Asia.

8 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I consider KC @ Tenn. to be a trap game more than a division game with the Raiders

That's reasonable. My big hesitation is that the Oakland game is very early, before the kinks are ironed out. However, a road game after two home games and before a big division game also ranks.

J

Here's a good one--REVENGE!!!
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/6/3/18650537/ranking-the-five-best-revenge-games-on-the-chiefs-2019-schedule

The games are 8, 10, 11, 14 and 20. Yes, that means beating the Patriots in the Championship game. I'll give you the Chargers and Patriots (twice), but the Titans? Oh well. Nothing is perfect.

J

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tyreek really is a key to this machine. mahomes can live without him but the quick strike ability of this offense won't be as good

Why is the home opener pushed back to week 3 again? I call BS on that one

I like that most of our "toughest" opponents are at home. except the Patriots

Edited by Chiefer

Chiefs lost 154 targets from 2018. Kelvin Benjamin, Chris Conley, Kareem Hunt. Chiefs gained 16 targets (Carlos Hyde) for 2019.

Where do you expect another 138 targets to come from? Mecole Hardman will pick up a bunch hopefully.  Which other  rostered players will pick up the slack? i'll be looking closely at preseason to give us possible answers.

Edited by mayanfootball

4 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Chiefs lost 154 targets from 2018. Kelvin Benjamin, Chris Conley, Kareem Hunt. Chiefs gained 16 targets (Carlos Hyde) for 2019.

Where do you expect another 138 targets to come from? Mecole Hardman will pick up a bunch hopefully.  Which other  rostered players will pick up the slack? i'll be looking closely at preseason to give us possible answers.

I'd presume Hardman and Robinson take most of Conley's targets. Williams picks up most of what remains from Hunt.