Patriots file Tampering charges against Texans for the attempted GM hire of Nick Caserio

49erurtaza

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Wear nothing but Patriots gear from the years they lost Super Bowls. Walk into a staff meeting with a "New England Patriots, 2018 AFC Champions" t-shirt.

Authentic 1996 Terry Glenn jersey

1995 Runner Ups banner

CLASSIC

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What’s the clause?

I don't think he's contractually obligated to stay. The clause says he can't interview unless it's for a promotion - and GM to GM isn't a promotion in New England's eyes. So if he leaves and signs with the Texans, New England is threatening tampering charges. He can leave if he wants, he just can't sign with the Texans and that's the only gig in town. In effect, he's being forced to stay at NE or go jobless for the 2019 season.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't think he's contractually obligated to stay. The clause says he can't interview unless it's for a promotion - and GM to GM isn't a promotion in New England's eyes. So if he leaves and signs with the Texans, New England is threatening tampering charges. He can leave if he wants, he just can't sign with the Texans and that's the only gig in town. In effect, he's being forced to stay at NE or go jobless for the 2019 season.

Why the Texans aren't playing this up by updating the position to Director/EVP of Football Operations (which would be a promotion) is beyond me.

There are ways to work around this, Houston simply isn't looking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Why the Texans aren't playing this up by updating the position to Director/EVP of Football Operations (which would be a promotion) is beyond me.

There are ways to work around this, Houston simply isn't looking.

There's also the discussion that while he's going from GM to GM, he'll have added responsibilities that could make the move a promotion of sorts.

• Like 1

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

There's also the discussion that while he's going from GM to GM, he'll have added responsibilities that could make the move a promotion of sorts.

I'd be fine with either - maybe that's why the Texans haven't done anything since Friday, they're looking for an ironclad way to get this done?

I can hope, but I'm believing this season will be without a GM.

It does not matter if it is a promotion or not, They tampered. Even if it is a promotion, you still have to ask before talking to him.  

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Have this image as his screensaver:

nVDLLua_.jpg

eating it up!   

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Those e-mails aren't going anywhere. He can get to them tomorrow. Or he could not. Not sounds better.

He should randomly transpose numbers in his E-Mails, too. Then take like two weeks to correct everything.

Nick: Wow Belly, check out #67 on this play, we should keep an eye on him if he hits waivers. Can't miss!

BB: Hmm, so I looked at that clip, I saw a #64 and #68, but didn't see a #67. Am I looking at the right clip?

BB (two days later): Following up, what am I looking at here?

BB (a day later, Monti Ossenfort and Dante Scarnecchia CCed): Following up.

BB (Saturday morning, Ossenfort, Scarnecchia and Kraft CCed): Nick, is there someone else I should be talking to about this clip? Please advise, ASAP.

Nick (Auto Reply): I will be out of the office until 02/28/18. If you have any questions, please contact Bill Belicheck at Belly4U@PatsNation.com.

Nick (13 days later, CC all): Bill, my bad. Meant #76. Tks!

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He should randomly transpose numbers in his E-Mails, too. Then take like two weeks to correct everything.

Nick: Wow Belly, check out #67 on this play, we should keep an eye on him if he hits waivers. Can't miss!

BB: Hmm, so I looked at that clip, I saw a #64 and #68, but didn't see a #67. Am I looking at the right clip?

BB (two days later): Following up, what am I looking at here?

BB (a day later, Monti Ossenfort and Dante Scarnecchia CCed): Following up.

BB (Saturday morning, Ossenfort, Scarnecchia and Kraft CCed): Nick, is there someone else I should be talking to about this clip? Please advise, ASAP.

Nick (Auto Reply): I will be out of the office until 02/28/18. If you have any questions, please contact Bill Belicheck at Belly4U@PatsNation.com.

Nick (13 days later, CC all): Bill, my bad. Meant #76. Tks!

This mock conversation gave me anxiety.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

This isnt true.  He is NOT the GM in NE.  He's the highest ranking personnel man in NE not named Bill Belichick who is HC & GM.  Caserio is Director of Player Personnel.  The reason that NE added the no interview clause in his contract is bc a GM hire would be technically a promotion.  NE cant block it per NFL rules, so they had to use that contract provision to do so.  The tampering charge is bc a team has to ask permission before it can speak to a member of a teams staff.  NE levied the accusation to get Houston to back down.  Once they did they dropped the charge.  It's clear it was only done to keep Caserio from leaving and he clearly wants to go.  It's a bad, bad look for the team.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bill Belichik needlessly copying management and then following up with "Please advise, ASAP" is so on brand it's frightening.

Full disclosure: It's a play in my playbook.

I don't call it every game, just when I have an opponent that needs some stepping on.