Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I get that, I'm asking who do you think they will target as a replacement.  

It's hard to say. It really depends on what happens with Horford, we're either going to have a decent amount of cap space or very little. I wouldn't be surprised if we targeted Beverley. I don't buy the D-Lo rumors. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

It's hard to say. It really depends on what happens with Horford, we're either going to have a decent amount of cap space or very little. I wouldn't be surprised if we targeted Beverley. I don't buy the D-Lo rumors. 

He probably wouldn't start but it would be cool to see a Isaiah Thomas reunion IMO.  

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

What GM has made more deals? What GM has made bigger deals?

You called Ainge an asset hoarder, thats a blatantly false statement. No one has made more moves in this era. Ainge didn't want to use all his assets on a dude like PG when it was only a matter of time before AD became available. It didn't work out, it sucks but passing on PG and Jimmy Butler was 1000000% the correct move when you have a shot at getting AD. It was a calculated risk that didn't pay off, it happens. 

How many teams have had as many SIGNIFICANT assets as Ainge has had at his disposal?  Ainge had the war chest of most GMs wet dreams.  Since the offseason where Kyrie Irving was traded to the Celtics, here's the list of notable transactions that Danny Ainge has done:

- Drafted Jayson Tatum
- Traded Avery Bradley for Marcus Morris
- Sign Gordon Hayward to a 4 year, $128M contract
- Drafted Robert Williams

That's not really much.  That's taking the hand you were dealt, and rolling with it.  He had a chance to add Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, because he was banking on Anthony Davis becoming available.  What he didn't predict was that Anthony Davis was going to force the issue and keep the C's from offering up everything.  Are the C's better off with Paul George or Kawhi Leonard last year or better off without Anthony Davis next year?

Just now, kyle21121 said:

How big is the turn out for the Ainge did everything right parade today?

It's not even he did everything right. He obviously in hindsight should've traded for Paul George because we didn't get AD. I absolutely don't blame him for saving the assets for AD though, it was a calculated risk that didn't pay off.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Brooklyn isn't letting him go to a divisional rival unless they sign 2 max FAs.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How many teams have had as many SIGNIFICANT assets as Ainge has had at his disposal?  Ainge had the war chest of most GMs wet dreams.  Since the offseason where Kyrie Irving was traded to the Celtics, here's the list of notable transactions that Danny Ainge has done:

- Drafted Jayson Tatum

That's not really much.  That's taking the hand you were dealt, and rolling with it.  He had a chance to add Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, because he was banking on Anthony Davis becoming available.  What he didn't predict was that Anthony Davis was going to force the issue and keep the C's from offering up everything.  Are the C's better off with Paul George or Kawhi Leonard last year or better off without Anthony Davis next year?

Yeah, no crap, its stupid to knock Ainge for that though. He saved his assets for the prize jewel in Anthony Davis. I'm sure if you told Danny two years ago that AD would demand his way to LA and refuse to sign in Boston he would've traded for George or Kawhi. I can't even believe I have to explain that to someone. Its easy to knock any GM using hindsight bias, you fail to look at the whole picture though. Paul George basically had a one way ticket to LA, OKC and Westbrook convinced him to stay but most people thought he was a lock to LA. Why move valuable picks/players for a guy who was a lock to be a one year rental in your mind. The EXACT same reason YOU and many others said Danny would be stupid to trade for AD, but here you are knocking him for NOT trading for Paul George. Kawhi was coming off one of the weirdest situations in NBA history, he was accused of quitting on his team, faking injury, etc. but you want to blame Danny for not giving up his assets for him. He wanted AD, he waited and the Kyrie situation/ADs crazy father obviously put an end to that dream. You'll continue to look at this whole scenario through blinders though so I don't know why I even bother.

Edited by MookieMonstah

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, no crap, its stupid to knock Ainge for that though. He saved his assets for the prize jewel in Anthony Davis. I'm sure if you told Danny two years ago that AD would demand his way to LA and refuse to sign in Boston he would've traded for George or Kawhi. 

It's stupid to knock Ainge?  He deserves it.  You acquire Paul George or Kawhi Leonard, you're probably the favorites in the East by a pretty healthy margin.  Instead, you waited until the perfect situation to use your assets, and you get left with nothing.  The big trade you made in the last 3 years?  He's about to walk as a FA in a few weeks.  You're left with a mangled up roster of two really bright young guys (Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown) and two overpaid vets (Al Horford and Gordon Hayward) and one particularly valuable draft pick (MEM FRP).  That's a FAR cry from where the Celtics were a year ago.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

- Drafted Jayson Tatum

To me, the biggest mistake he made was the IT for Irving trade.  At the time it looked like a huge win for the Celtics, but then we found out Irving is kind of just a depressing brat.  But to me the real reason that trade was such a disaster is because he dumped IT after he had just carried them to the ECF.  IMO that gave him a bad rep around the league as a GM that doesn't care about his players.  Anthony Davis' father ripped Ainge for that and said that's why he didn't want his son in Boston.  You have to wonder if this has impacted other players opinions too, you never hear of players trying to force themselves to Boston, even when Boston was a clear landing spot for a lot of these stars.  

It's stupid to knock Ainge?  He deserves it.  You acquire Paul George or Kawhi Leonard, you're probably the favorites in the East by a pretty healthy margin.  Instead, you waited until the perfect situation to use your assets, and you get left with nothing.  The big trade you made in the last 3 years?  He's about to walk as a FA in a few weeks.  You're left with a mangled up roster of two really bright young guys (Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown) and two overpaid vets (Al Horford and Gordon Hayward) and one particularly valuable draft pick (MEM FRP).  That's a FAR cry from where the Celtics were a year ago.

Check the edits clown.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

To me, the biggest mistake he made was the IT for Irving trade.  At the time it looked like a huge win for the Celtics, but then we found out Irving is kind of just a depressing brat.  But to me the real reason that trade was such a disaster is because he dumped IT after he had just carried them to the ECF.  IMO that gave him a bad rep around the league as a GM that doesn't care about his players.  Anthony Davis' father ripped Ainge for that and said that's why he didn't want his son in Boston.  You have to wonder if this has impacted other players opinions too, you never hear of players trying to force themselves to Boston, even when Boston was a clear landing spot for a lot of these stars.  

Anthony Davis father is a complete lunatic, do people realize this? Look up all the issues he had while AD was in New Orleans. He's been kicked out of the Smoothie King arena on multiple occasions. He's so much worse than Lavar Ball.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Definitely disagree.  His biggest miss was not going after Paul George or Kawhi Leonard harder.  If he could have flipped Terry Rozier, Jaylen Brown, and some picks for Kawhi Leonard, that would have been a HUGE win for Ainge.  Going into the season with a Kyrie/Kawhi/Tatum trio would have made some real noise.  It keeps Toronto from being the contender they became with Kawhi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Definitely disagree.  His biggest miss was not going after Paul George or Kawhi Leonard harder.  If he could have flipped Terry Rozier, Jaylen Brown, and some picks for Kawhi Leonard, that would have been a HUGE win for Ainge.  Going into the season with a Kyrie/Kawhi/Tatum trio would have made some real noise.  It keeps Toronto from being the contender they became with Kawhi.

But dumping IT happened before all of that and could of led to why neither was pushing Boston as a preferred destination.  

And you’d be the first one to call him stupid if Paul George had left after a year. 

Cya boss.