Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

31 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

How was Ainge stingy? He paid up in the Kyrie deal, I don’t think the Kawhi deal was ever legitimate and he would’ve paid up for AD but Kyrie left and AD said he wouldn’t resign. 

Knocking Danny for this is stupid tbh.

“I do know that there is some regret with some people in the Celtics organization about not pulling the trigger on a Kawhi Leonard deal,” Mannix said. “They could have made a deal for him involving Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart, or at least with Brown as the centerpiece.”

And this is from the biggest Celtics homer who will defend Ainge more than anyone. 

Celtics didn't go after PG when they had the assets to do so, didn't want to offer Brown for Kawhi and now didn't want to risk the AD trade. And Butler was there a few times but passing on that is fine.

All this talk of Kyrie leaving, but does he leave if AD gets traded there? Not sure, and the Lakers would have filled their cap this year where they may not have been able to sign AD out right the following season. Point blank, he took very few risks and will end up with a good solid team but nothing special. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

What? The team couldn’t function because of Kyrie to an extent. Blaming Danny is such a lazy take. He made the move for Kyrie, hit on the draft picks and got Gordon to stay here. Hayward breaking his ankle is what killed the Celtics. You can’t just predict something like that happening. If Gordon doesn’t break his ankle and Kyrie doesn’t leave we’re probably looking at a starting 5 of

Kyrie

Brown

Hayward

AD

Horford

Things just didn’t work out that way, no one to blame really.

Blaming the guy that put the team together that was a complete mess all season and underachieved massively is a lazy take? I already have gone over why it was unreasonable to expect this team to succeed this past season. 

He could have traded the young guys and had a championship contender this past year and he didn't. AD could have been on the team regardless of Haywards injury. Now he has 0 stars. I'm just saying I don't think he should get a pass on how this all played out. 

37 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

How was Ainge stingy? He paid up in the Kyrie deal, I don’t think the Kawhi deal was ever legitimate and he would’ve paid up for AD but Kyrie left and AD said he wouldn’t resign. 

Knocking Danny for this is stupid tbh.

No.  He gave up the corpse of Isaiah Thomas, a couple of role players in Ante Zizic and Jae Crowder, and the Nets' pick which was a lotto pick.  That was far closer to what the Raptors gave up for DeRozan than what the Lakers gave up for Anthony Davis.

And we're knocking Danny because you said it yourself that Ainge had been saving up his assets for a player like Anthony Davis.  The last 3 stars that have been traded have been dealt to other teams not named Boston.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Blaming the guy that put the team together that was a complete mess all season and underachieved massively is a lazy take? I already have gone over why it was unreasonable to expect this team to succeed this past season. 

He could have traded the young guys and had a championship contender this past year and he didn't. AD could have been on the team regardless of Haywards injury. Now he has 0 stars. I'm just saying I don't think he should get a pass on how this all played out. 

AD wasn’t available until now, we physically couldn’t trade for him last year because of Kyrie. He said he wouldn’t resign. Can’t blame Danny for that.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yes. That pick directly turned into Jayson Tatum. That’s dumb logic. That’s like saying the Rockets were stupid for trading Lowry for a 1st round pick even though that 1st essentially landed them Harden. 

I mean, how many subsequent trades do you want to use to justify a trade?  One?  Ten?  The C's were widely blasted for moving away from Fultz when he was viewed as the best player in the draft.  Even if you want to go with your logic, what franchise player have the Nets really missed out on?  For as much as the KG/PP trade set back the Nets, they only finished 7 games back of the C's and have two max FA slots.  That's concerning.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

No.  He gave up the corpse of Isaiah Thomas, a couple of role players in Ante Zizic and Jae Crowder, and the Nets' pick which was a lotto pick.  That was far closer to what the Raptors gave up for DeRozan than what the Lakers gave up for Anthony Davis.

And we're knocking Danny because you said it yourself that Ainge had been saving up his assets for a player like Anthony Davis.  The last 3 stars that have been traded have been dealt to other teams not named Boston.

I don’t blame him at all for passing on Jimmy Butler. Would like to have Paul George and Kawhi but it is what it is. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t blame him at all for passing on Jimmy Butler. Would like to have Paul George and Kawhi but it is what it is. 

That's my point.  Since Ainge broke up the Big 3, he's made one notable trade (Kyrie Irving) and that player appears ready to leave Boston.  Ainge is a good GM, but he's not a great GM.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, how many subsequent trades do you want to use to justify a trade?  One?  Ten?  The C's were widely blasted for moving away from Fultz when he was viewed as the best player in the draft.  Even if you want to go with your logic, what franchise player have the Nets really missed out on?  For as much as the KG/PP trade set back the Nets, they only finished 7 games back of the C's and have two max FA slots.  That's concerning.

So we’re going to knock Ainge for not selecting the “consensus #1 guy” and not give him credit for taking what turned out to be the best guy.

Okay, cya boss.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

AD wasn’t available until now, we physically couldn’t trade for him last year because of Kyrie. He said he wouldn’t resign. Can’t blame Danny for that.

ah you're right. I spaced on that. point on team building still stands. he could have brought in another star and didn't. celtics making the random run to the ECF may have actually hurt them in the long run. might have been better to lose to MIL in that game 7 lol 

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So we’re going to knock Ainge for not selecting the “consensus #1 guy” and not give him credit for taking what turned out to be the best guy.

Okay, cya boss.

You're missing the point.  You said it set back the Nets, but I'm asking you would the Nets have made that move back?  Probably not.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And how many people expected Kevin Durant to tear his Achilles AND Klay Thompson to tear his ACL in the same series?  That's what I thought.  

Still incredibly difficult to wrap the head around these painful facts.