Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Well it was reported that Brown wasn't on the table for Kawhi. 

Not only that, but Woj said the Celtics were keeping their top 5 players off the table LOL. And as I mentioned, he also said they never made a real offer for PG. I don't even know why we are doing this since whatever that will be said some how Ainge will get defended. I remember this time during last year the talk was that the Celtics were saving their assets to make a move for Anthony Davis… .Well, year later and here we are. 

Edit: Actual quote from Woj from December: 

"Boston has been hawking Anthony Davis for years. They always hoped that it would be—whether it's the end of this season or the beginning of next before the trade deadline—that they would gather up all those assets, all those picks Danny Ainge has, young players, and they'd be the team to be able to get Anthony Davis

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not only that, but Woj said the Celtics were keeping their top 5 players off the table LOL. And as I mentioned, he also said they never made a real offer for PG. I don't even know why we are doing this since whatever that will be said some how Ainge will get defended. I remember this time during last year the talk was that the Celtics were saving their assets to make a move for Anthony Davis… .Well, year later and here we are. 

Imagine believing every report after trade talks. Imagine.

No chance Brown wasn’t on the table for PG and Kawhi, you just don’t openly admit that after you don’t get them. Just like I don’t see anyway Ainge didn’t float Tatum for AD but he’s obviously going to deny that now.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

No chance Brown wasn’t on the table for PG and Kawhi, you just don’t openly admit that after you don’t get them. Just like I don’t see anyway Ainge didn’t float Tatum for AD but he’s obviously going to deny that now.

Because the Spurs got such a great package from the Raptors right? 

Imagine believing the Celtics just couldn't get Kawhi or PG or Butler or Davis. Imagine thinking Ainge went for them all and just got beat out by betters offers. Imagine. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Imagine believing the Celtics just couldn't get Kawhi or PG or Butler or Davis. Imagine thinking Ainge went for them all and just got beat out by betters offers. Imagine. 

Not unfathomable that Spurs likes Derozan more than Brown. Celtics couldn’t beat that Lakers package without gutting the entire roster, and they aren’t doing that with AD saying he won’t stay. Try to see the big picture.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Not unfathomable that Spurs likes Derozan more than Brown. Celtics couldn’t beat that Lakers package without gutting the entire roster, and they aren’t doing that with AD saying he won’t stay. Try to see the big picture.

Liked Derozan so much that they are possibly putting him on the block this year? For once take the Ainge homer glasses off and think rationally. He only wanted to make the "perfect" move and put his eggs all in the AD basket that ended up backfiring with Kyrie's uncertainty. 

If the Spurs got a GREAT package for Kawhi, that would be one thing but that didn't happen. That is the reason a team like the Raptors were able to get in the mix. Same with PG. The Celtics and Lakers didn't make a legit offer for him so that allowed the Thunder to get in the mix. 

But whatever, we can go with the assumption that Ainge tried his best to get these guys but was just out gunned by monster packages from other teams. That's fine. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Liked Derozan so much that they are possibly putting him on the block this year? For once take the Ainge homer glasses off and think rationally. He only wanted to make the "perfect" move and put his eggs all in the AD basket that ended up backfiring with Kyrie's uncertainty. 

If the Spurs got a GREAT package for Kawhi, that would be one thing but that didn't happen. That is the reason a team like the Raptors were able to get in the mix. Same with PG. The Celtics and Lakers didn't make a legit offer for him so that allowed the Thunder to get in the mix. 

But whatever, we can go with the assumption that Ainge tried his best to get these guys but was just out gunned by monster packages from other teams. That's fine. 

I don’t even think it’s that. Paul George and Jimmy Butler? Who cares, that’s not a concern. Kawhi was an odd scenario, no one really knew what was happening so I just don’t blame Danny. No one really wanted to give up assets for him. Ainge wanted to get AD, unfortunately everything that could’ve went wrong did go wrong. That doesn’t mean Ainge did a bad job, it just didn’t work out. Again, if Gordon doesn’t snap his ankle we’re not even having this discussion. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t even think it’s that. Paul George and Jimmy Butler? Who cares, that’s not a concern. Kawhi was an odd scenario, no one really knew what was happening so I just don’t blame Danny. No one really wanted to give up assets for him. Ainge wanted to get AD, unfortunately everything that could’ve went wrong did go wrong. That doesn’t mean Ainge did a bad job, it just didn’t work out. Again, if Gordon doesn’t snap his ankle we’re not even having this discussion. 

How are you going to just brush Paul George off like he wasn't 1st team All NBA and will finish top 3 in the DPOY race? He would EASILY be the best player on the Celtics right now. That's not just a guy you just ignore and say it was no big deal no getting him. 

Kawhi was there still for the taking. That is the type of risk that he could have made. All this talk of Kyrie leaving? That may not be happening if he has Kawhi alongside him and let's be real, the Celtics would likely be champs right now. But really, Ainge didn't want to use any assets at that point for anyone but AD. As Woj said, THAT was the Celtics target all along. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How are you going to just brush Paul George off like he wasn't 1st team All NBA and will finish top 3 in the DPOY race? He would EASILY be the best player on the Celtics right now. That's not just a guy you just ignore and say it was no big deal no getting him. 

Kawhi was there still for the taking. That is the type of risk that he could have made. All this talk of Kyrie leaving? That may not be happening if he has Kawhi alongside him and let's be real, the Celtics would likely be champs right now. But really, Ainge didn't want to use any assets at that point for anyone but AD. As Woj said, THAT was the Celtics target all along. 

Yeah sure, and again, Gordon doesn’t break his ankle and AD is in Celtic green right now probably. It is what it is. Paul George slowed way down second half of the year, I’m not losing sleep that we didn’t move stuff for PG. Again, if we do that for him or Kawhi or AD and they leave after a year you’re dogging Ainge anyway.

Its a lazy take, look at the big picture. Celtics fans are crazy happy with Danny as a GM, it’s not for no reason.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah sure, and again, Gordon doesn’t break his ankle and AD is in Celtic green right now probably. It is what it is. Paul George slowed way down second half of the year, I’m not losing sleep that we didn’t move stuff for PG. Again, if we do that for him or Kawhi or AD and they leave after a year you’re dogging Ainge anyway.

Its a lazy take, look at the big picture. Celtics fans are crazy happy with Danny as a GM, it’s not for no reason.

You and the rest of the Celtics fanbase can be happy with Danny all you want, not sure why the rest of us would care about that. You can say Danny is the greatest GM of all time for all I care.

However, it is like clockwork that every time they don't make a move for a superstar there is some sort of excuse of why it didn't happen. There is always a reason why Ainge decided not to pull the trigger. Point blank, the Celtics could have had PG or Kawhi or AD at one point or another...And for whatever reason, they ended up with none of them. If you think the reasons are justified, no problem. However............

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

These aren’t random twitter sources dude. The top end reporters aren’t out here lying and putting their careers on the line. 

42 minutes ago, champ11 said:

These aren’t random twitter sources dude. The top end reporters aren’t out here lying and putting their careers on the line. 

They only know what people tell them dude. All Danny has to do is make a phone call. As much as it’s fun to bash the Lakers, they didn’t give all this up if Boston’s offer wasn’t reasonably competitive. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We don’t know if the Spurs would’ve taken back Hayward to get Brown and the Kings pick. 

Edited by DirtyDez