Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

Ainge is a smug SOB with a punchable face but these takes are bad.  There’s no way they could’ve traded Tatum for Kawhi after his rookie year.  

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And this is from the biggest Celtics homer who will defend Ainge more than anyone. 

Celtics didn't go after PG when they had the assets to do so, didn't want to offer Brown for Kawhi and now didn't want to risk the AD trade. And Butler was there a few times but passing on that is fine.

All this talk of Kyrie leaving, but does he leave if AD gets traded there? Not sure, and the Lakers would have filled their cap this year where they may not have been able to sign AD out right the following season. Point blank, he took very few risks and will end up with a good solid team but nothing special. 

That’s hard to believe considering Boston was over the cap and Kawhi made much more than Brown.  Not to mention Smart being a FA and Spurs not likely taking back Hayward’s contract to make it work financially.  I just don’t think of a player like Jaylen Brown that has a poor feel for the game being the preferred centerpiece for the Spurs.

1 hour ago, 49er pride said:

Kobe was playing some of his best basketball of his life before he had a fluke injury. The Lakers were rolling the second half of the season. Also, Davis isn't coming off a serious back injury. 

Did my guy Nash get a statue at Staples?

17 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

they only have 5 people on the roster, LA should be using the money for depth and good role players. They don’t need another star at the moment.

I’d sign Nick Young for the vet min. See what Collison wants for a year. Bring back Bullock and McGee/Chandler. Ariza and Danny Green would be nice adds too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't know why New Orleans is so desperate to move the #4 pick. Not like their team is flush with young talent.

Because it has some value and they want to maximize that value. If they can pick up an additional first round pick by trading back then why not do that? 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Haven't been around cause the forum is cancer. But I agree. Rockets fans ruined the forum for me. So they're #1 all time.

Right there with William Spikes

Bucks fans have come up strong in this list on their one year of not sucking. It’s pretty wild. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Bucks fans have come up strong in this list on their one year of not sucking. It’s pretty wild. 

Well they have to live in Wisconsin, so I can understand them being insufferable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Ainge is a smug SOB with a punchable face but these takes are bad.  There’s no way they could’ve traded Tatum for Kawhi after his rookie year.  

That’s hard to believe considering Boston was over the cap and Kawhi made much more than Brown.  Not to mention Smart being a FA and Spurs not likely taking back Hayward’s contract to make it work financially.  I just don’t think of a player like Jaylen Brown that has a poor feel for the game being the preferred centerpiece for the Spurs.

Well it was reported that Brown wasn't on the table for Kawhi. 

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I don't know why it's hard to believe when Brown was just as impressive as Tatum in last year's playoff run. And besides, Woj reported during last summer that the Celtics were keeping their top 5 players "off the table" and were interested in getting a deal done mainly with their draft picks. 

And then there's Paul George that Woj said the Celtics never made a real offer for. 

So yeah, they had plenty of chances to go for it and chose to sit tight on their assets. Ainge will have to live with those decisions forever and he better hope Tatum really will be a superstar that could make the Celtics a legitimate contender for years to come.