Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Just so I'm up to speed, is the reason pwny is the primary target solely because he had knowledge of matts' private life and the note made reference to that? Or is there something else I have missed?

Just now, Woz said:

Just so I'm up to speed, is the reason pwny is the primary target solely because he had knowledge of matts' private life and the note made reference to that? Or is there something else I have missed?

For me yes and he is part of the non cleared group 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

For me yes and he is part of the non cleared group 

Potentially cleared group. And yes, I realize that puts my name back in the mix.

Just now, Woz said:

Potentially cleared group. And yes, I realize that puts my name back in the mix.

Let me say, the whole note thing ... it's just so out there as a piece of evidence. I kind of feel like we should treat it as if it didn't exist because it's so divisive/distracting.

If there was something else for pwny, then fine. But I guess since I didn't know any of the background, I feel like it's coming out of left field for me.

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

Let me say, the whole note thing ... it's just so out there as a piece of evidence. I kind of feel like we should treat it as if it didn't exist because it's so divisive/distracting.

If there was something else for pwny, then fine. But I guess since I didn't know any of the background, I feel like it's coming out of left field for me.

I don’t know that we should treat it like it doesn’t exist, but I agree it’s a bit of a distraction.

I am a civ sided player, Hitoshi Demegawa. My role is to be able to get malf to post whatever I wanted. Both of the news updates about Dome and Matts can be attributed to me. Neither of them have anything to do with the game, just me using my role to cause some in-game chaos.

My intent with both messages was to just cause confusion in the game. I wanted confusion with the Dome message, and was actually trying to see if I could just get Matts to assume he was dead and end up being mod-killed. While the first message had the impact I intended, some poor assumptions by me over how Matts would react to a message caused me to go over the line with the flavor I added to the message.

After Matts left the game, he spoke with malf who informed him of how the message was created. Matts messaged me upset, and I apologized. At that point, I informed malf that I no longer had any intent of playing the game any further, as it wouldn’t be fair to Matts for my presence to further bring up more questions about what happened with the message. I told malf that he could replace me if he so chose, but that I would prefer to just be modkilled for not voting. For those who know me as a player, they should know that last night was in fact the first time in my mafia career that I skipped a day vote, and I promise that I will not be posting a vote today either, which will trigger my player death. 

It appears that Matts and I are on common ground at this point, but seeing that his situation is still being discussed as of recently, I’m choosing to post this message. At this point, I ask that the information within the broadcast about Matts no longer be discussed.

I would also like to apologize to malf for taking what should have been a fun mechanic and taking things too far and putting a negative mark on the game to this point. For anyone else whose experience in the game was impacted in a negative way, I am sorry. It should also be noted that I have no knowledge of Matts’ alignment even after having talked to him, so nothing but the apology and ask that the topic be dropped should be drawn from this message. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

At this point, I ask that the information within the broadcast about Matts no longer be discussed.

I don’t think it has been since he left, other than talking about how it related to the game.... which isn’t something you fairly can ask us to ignore.

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

I would also like to apologize to malf for taking what should have been a fun mechanic and taking things too far and putting a negative mark on the game to this point. For anyone else whose experience in the game was impacted in a negative way, I am sorry. It should also be noted that I have no knowledge of Matts’ alignment even after having talked to him, so nothing but the apology and ask that the topic be dropped should be drawn from this message. 

Trees cover a multitude of sins. This is no problem.