Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

25 minutes ago, pwny said:

I am a civ sided player, Hitoshi Demegawa. My role is to be able to get malf to post whatever I wanted. Both of the news updates about Dome and Matts can be attributed to me. Neither of them have anything to do with the game, just me using my role to cause some in-game chaos.

My intent with both messages was to just cause confusion in the game. I wanted confusion with the Dome message, and was actually trying to see if I could just get Matts to assume he was dead and end up being mod-killed. While the first message had the impact I intended, some poor assumptions by me over how Matts would react to a message caused me to go over the line with the flavor I added to the message.

After Matts left the game, he spoke with malf who informed him of how the message was created. Matts messaged me upset, and I apologized. At that point, I informed malf that I no longer had any intent of playing the game any further, as it wouldn’t be fair to Matts for my presence to further bring up more questions about what happened with the message. I told malf that he could replace me if he so chose, but that I would prefer to just be modkilled for not voting. For those who know me as a player, they should know that last night was in fact the first time in my mafia career that I skipped a day vote, and I promise that I will not be posting a vote today either, which will trigger my player death. 

It appears that Matts and I are on common ground at this point, but seeing that his situation is still being discussed as of recently, I’m choosing to post this message. At this point, I ask that the information within the broadcast about Matts no longer be discussed.

I would also like to apologize to malf for taking what should have been a fun mechanic and taking things too far and putting a negative mark on the game to this point. For anyone else whose experience in the game was impacted in a negative way, I am sorry. It should also be noted that I have no knowledge of Matts’ alignment even after having talked to him, so nothing but the apology and ask that the topic be dropped should be drawn from this message. 

Why not just post your role PM and end your life early? 

I don’t like the idea of another town player purposely letting themselves be modkilled. 

If you’re not going to play to your wincon just post your role PM.

or publically ask malf to be replaced. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, sorry I’m conveniently not around to defend myself from... not really anything.  Literally no one articulated a case other than “gee, he’s not here.”  

You all were willing to trade me for Glen, on what seems like a whim, lmao.  

Also, I was absent because Infound out I have a mass that may be cancerous that is being surgically removed next week, and I have given Malfatron permission to replace me

So, I was a little preoccupied with trying to schedule everything after hours, hope you all feel like dicks for demanding my presence at all hours.

I don’t even want a pass, but ******* no one else is held to this ridiculous standard of persistent presence.  

One of the explanations for voting me was literally “lol.”  

Are you all serious?

Sorry to hear about this.  Hope everything comes out negative on the surgery.  

6 hours ago, SwAg said:
18 hours ago, squire12 said:

@SwAg  I think this is the first game I have played with the 2 of you (swag and ragnarok) that you have have not called him scum.  

Well, it’s not.  I only call Ragnarok scum when it suits what I’m doing.  Right now, I think Ragnarok is Town or I want him to think that.  Similar to how I wanted people to think I thought he was Mafia in gopher’s game.

So what are you doing?  You think ragnarok is town, or you want him to think that?  Seems like there is some hidden motive behind that or you are afraid of him.  In gophers game, he was not town, so I am not sure what the end game for you or for town is with this.

4 hours ago, Dome said:
4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I also REALLY want to believe Rack, but he ghosted during Pickle's lynch and then he posted a few pages back about having a 10 hour drive, I'd imagine giving him an excuse to disappear for most of the day/all day yet again.

Could be an excuse, could be IRL stuff.

I will say that when he's here he's providing good insight and makes sense to me.

People have lives outside of this game.  I agree with Dome on this.  

Dingo posting a gif of having to choose with 2 gifs of eyes makes me feel very leery of what's going on/about to happen.

Would Dingo be claiming that he is the eyes for the mafia and does not have a say in how he is used....a pawn for their use?   Would that fit the source material?

@Dome I still think the best course of action would be to cross check the pickle lynch with your cleared list. 

Here are the votes for the end of D1 and D2.  @MWil23

Day 2 Day 1
page 197 page 140

glen- 5 (dome, et80, mwil, woz, bcb
pickle - 8 (woz, james, swag,squire, pwny, nacho, forge, matts)
  nacho - 6 ( rack, ted, mwil,pickle orca, nazgul)
swag - 3 (squire, forge, nacho  
  matts - 3 (glen, touch, counselor)
woz - 2 (glen, swag glen - 1 ( dome)
  utley - 1 ( ET80)
pwny 2 (ted, counselor  
nacho - 1(rack dingo - 1 (bcb)
mission - 1 (Nazgul dome - 1 (dingo )
et80 - 1 (james squire - 1 (Ragnorak
squire - 1 (ragnarok  

Didn't vote Didnt vote:
  @Utley
@DingoLadd  
@mission27  
@pwny  

Vote today or die:  
@Utley  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:
2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Mission with 3 votes...interesting. I’m not sure if I’m ok with that tbh.

I figure we should give him a chance to explain.

How likely is it that we are going to get some understandable explanation from @mission27 on this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Shadow votes are also possible.

Can you explain to me what a shadow vote is?   I am not sure I have seen that mechanic or the phrase used like that.

Matts (on D1 and D2) did not have 3 votes, so there must be something that was used on mission to add to his voting ability.  I am not thrilled with that concept if it could last beyond today

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Here are the votes for the end of D1 and D2.  @MWil23

Day 2 Day 1
page 197 page 140

glen- 5 (dome, et80, mwil, woz, bcb
pickle - 8 (woz, james, swag,squire, pwny, nacho, forge, matts)
  nacho - 6 ( rack, ted, mwil,pickle orca, nazgul)
swag - 3 (squire, forge, nacho  
  matts - 3 (glen, touch, counselor)
woz - 2 (glen, swag glen - 1 ( dome)
  utley - 1 ( ET80)
pwny 2 (ted, counselor  
nacho - 1(rack dingo - 1 (bcb)
mission - 1 (Nazgul dome - 1 (dingo )
et80 - 1 (james squire - 1 (Ragnorak
squire - 1 (ragnarok  

Didn't vote Didnt vote:
  @Utley
@DingoLadd  
@mission27  
@pwny  

Vote today or die:  
@Utley  

Well @Dome, we're lighting it up so far, huh? :(

Just now, squire12 said:

fair point.  Just break a rule and end it now if this is the route he wants to go.  

At this point, I would advocate that people get off pwny so we don't waste a thwacking, but mission's triple vote really complicates things.