Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Woz said:
4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If everyone else gets to get sidetracked on idiotic topics, why cant we?

Sorry, that was my mod radar detecting a "waste of thread space" event. Not saying you cannot do it, just asking you don't do it so we don't let mafia hide in the dust said argument would kick up. Had enough of those so far as it goes. But whateves.

Just keep track of how many off topic post there are in your spreadsheet.. There isnt any more excuses, @pwny

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

ATLA is not anime!

Literally based the fighting styles off of martial arts. If that isn't anime I don't know what is. 

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Before we go off and waste another 10 pages of debate about what is and is not anime, can we focus back on the game?

Woz, why do you want to play the game? That seems scummy to me IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If everyone else gets to get sidetracked on idiotic topics, why cant we?

Good question. 

Just now, pwny said:

I also realize I don’t know if I said the right Spanish word there. I meant “what?”

Que = what

Por que = why

(yes, I should put the accents in there, but I'm being lazy)

23 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I feel with almost certainty that there is going to be something beyond just one scum group. Granted I haven't played many games on this specific forum but Whicker's Overwatch is the only one I can think of that's had just one scum group flat out.

For a very long time, it was typically a 4-1 ratio with a strong civ powers or a 5-1 ratio with strong mafia powers. Randomly you would have a single other. Normally a live to win or cult. 

Over the years the game has become a lot more creative on this site. Now there are almost always others. 

My point though, is there have been several people assuming (slipping) that there are 2 scum factions. As if they know its 15-4-4 or something like that. I have no clue if that ratio makes sense thematically, but you get my point. 

22 minutes ago, Woz said:

I think we might be tying ourselves a bit too closely to the anime. Malf's first sentence in the thread:

There's no guarantee that it will be exactly like the anime. In fact I would expect it to diverge so as to be able to play a mafia-style game.

I mean sure but this is an oddly specific thing that just happened. Nothing that you would see in a normal mafia-style game, I'd think

I would still like everyones opinion of Dome saying he needed to go to the store for 'Jock Itch' and then a couple hours later his dong got decapitated (yes I know it was castration). 

Clearly that has to be linked right?

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean sure but this is an oddly specific thing that just happened. Nothing that you would see in a normal mafia-style game, I'd think

What's more probable?

Malf added a mechanic that is some sort of hybrid between a day vig hit and a cult recruiter?
OR
Malf added a bulletproof vest mechanic?

Sure, the person writing the note might have added some flavor text because they could, but at the end of the day, this is still a mafia game. I mean, reading over the synopsis of the show, the owner of the death note could write us all down in order and then win before we even get to a lynch. However, that isn't likely to happen since that would be a completely broken game. Works for the show, not for a themed version of mafia.

This doesn't mean that Dome isn't mafia. You could be right about that. At the same time, we probably should try to apply a bit of black box thinking about how a role would work inside of a mafia game.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I would still like everyones opinion of Dome saying he needed to go to the store for 'Jock Itch' and then a couple hours later his dong got decapitated (yes I know it was castration). 

Clearly that has to be linked right?

Vig using flavor for day hit? Mod using flavor for day hit?