Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I was actually thinking that Dome could be Light and this is him "giving half his life for Shinigami eyes". Which, if true, would make him a murdering machine..

@TheKillerNacho @DingoLadd

Thoughts?

I'm not sure shinagami eyes would be in this game. Cutting your lifespan in half doesn't really have a mafia equivalent. 

But if so I'd imagine you'd get to see 1 name per use or something. 

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Actually

Hide contents

Ryuuk stole his second from another Shinigami

Ahhh. 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Not consistent with the lore...

Reveal hidden contents

the two characters we see making the eye deal in the anime don't have any outward signs of damage

Don't their eyes "change" permanently or can humans not perceive that? 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

He loses 1/2 his life. So he may be destined to die now. 

Or he went from unlynchable to now lynchable. 

This is all wild speculation. 

Leaning into the wild speculation: interesting hypothesis, but why would Dome do that now? That's awfully risky this early in the game.

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm not sure shinagami eyes would be in this game. Cutting your lifespan in half doesn't really have a mafia equivalent. 

But if so I'd imagine you'd get to see 1 name per use or something. 

Ahhh. 

Don't their eyes "change" permanently or can humans not perceive that? 

Their eyes do appear red when they are using the Shinigami eyes to reveal someone's name but I'm not entirely sure if that's actual canon or a stylistic choice to show the viewer that the eyes are being used.

No other characters mention the odd eye color.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

What's a Shinigami?

Scary demonic entities that are basically spirits of another world. 

They have the death notes. 

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Bad guy?

Technically yes, but they only follow their own interests. Not necessarily evil. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Chaotic Neutral. Probably isn't a character in this game (If I had to guess, it's the role Malfatron is assuming).

He drops the Death Note in the Human world (that Light eventually finds) merely because he's bored.

The change in avatar tip you off? :D

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Chaotic Neutral. Probably isn't a character in this game (If I had to guess, it's the role Malfatron is assuming).

He drops the Death Note in the Human world (that Light eventually finds) merely because he's bored.

Hey, thats what I said!

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Leaning into the wild speculation: interesting hypothesis, but why would Dome do that now? That's awfully risky this early in the game.

Well, I wouldn’t.

1) In the marvel game I was actively trying to get scum to not use moves on each other as wifom because I think it’s dumb to do it early in game.

2) I lost my ******* genitals. 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

For you two kill someone with deathnote you have to know their name and their face. 

Shinigami eyes allows you to look at someones face and know their name. 

So in essences, Dome would then acquire some sort of investigative ability to be able to kill us quicker. 

The long and (for Dome) the short of it is: something targeted Dome with some sort of power. It hurt him. Now, it could be something he did to himself, or it could have been done to him by someone else. If the latter case, it conceivably was a day hit that failed for some reason or another. If the former, there has to be some sort of trade off, but it seems a bit (sorry Dome) odd to do it this early in the game.

Kind of leads me to think it is the latter case.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

For you two kill someone with deathnote you have to know their name and their face. 

Shinigami eyes allows you to look at someones face and know their name. 

So in essences, Dome would then acquire some sort of investigative ability to be able to kill us quicker. 

I suppose a mane's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Still, that seems awfully unbalanced, unless he gets some sort of new "you have to do X by day Y" condition.