Which Ex-Player Talking Head is the Biggest Phony

SkippyX

16 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I mean what he said was dumb, but I don't see how that makes him phony.  I don't think just because you were a bad player in the NFL means you can't criticize someone that may be better than you, otherwise every fan that slights a player is a phony too.  

A former QB with 4 career wins saying another QB won't win 3 games out of 12 while his team is already 3-1 is pathetic. 

The fact that he himself was an awful QB is relevant. He is a loser and he was calling a winner a loser for no reason other than a hot take.

Everyone has opinions and everyone can get ripped when they are both loud and wrong.

I think Daniel Jones was an awful draft pick based on his body of work in college. I think Gettleman did a horrific job in drafting him. I am not attacking Jones as a person or saying Gettleman should be fired (to be fair I root for the Eagles so lifetime appointment would be great)

I get that Quinn does not go around pretending he was an important NFL player, so he is not a perfect fit here.

Someone like that fool Heath Evans is probably a better example.

2 minutes ago, tom cody said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Dan Fouts? The guy had a good career but he's very cringeworthy IMO.

He's shockingly bad at in-game analysis for someone who was a great QB. But I don't think "phony" describes him at all. He's plenty humble about his playing career and he doesn't criticize much.

I don't think there's anything wrong with an ex-player having strong opinions about better players than themselves, or things they could never accomplish themselves. Its just a problem when they use the platform to make excuses about their career, or control the narrative about their career in some way.

The Rodgers criticism from Greg Jennings was like that. At some level, it was about him settling a score, rather than being actual analysis. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we're including him, Skip "I played basketball in HS and had a lot of college offers" Bayless deserves a shout out.

If we're moving beyond guys who actually played, the all-time fakest talking head is "Pierre" McGuire on NBC when they are doing the Stanley Cup sitting down as a sideline report going "Ooh hey dere sohhrrry I'm such a Canuck poitine Timmy Hortons". 

And I put Pierre in quotes for a reason: his real name isn't Pierre. Its' Regis. He's from New Jersey.

Bald *** fraud.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you want me to start a topic of "Which NFL Players would do best in the NBA?"

Because I will.

It will be right under my "Josh McDaniels should be inducted into the HOF as an OC" thread.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Decent. I'd change the title to "Will Deflategate be the only thing that keeps Josh McDaniels out of the HoF as an OC?"

Precursor/intro:

"Now, friendly reminder that spygate and the Tuck rule game DID NOT happen when he was the OC of the Patriots..."

@ET80 I can make this happen.