Which Ex-Player Talking Head is the Biggest Phony

SkippyX

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If we're moving beyond guys who actually played, the all-time fakest talking head is "Pierre" McGuire on NBC when they are doing the Stanley Cup sitting down as a sideline report going "Ooh hey dere sohhrrry I'm such a Canuck poitine Timmy Hortons". 

And I put Pierre in quotes for a reason: his real name isn't Pierre. Its' Regis. He's from New Jersey.

Bald *** fraud.

He grew up in Canada, his mother is French-Canadian, and his middle name is Pierre. The guy sucks but your points are a stretch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What do you have against baldy?  His tape breakdowns are great

yeah, baldy's one of my favorites. dude knows what he's talking about. just gotta ignore his terrifying finger lmao

i'm surprised nobody's brought up deion sanders yet. amazing player, truly awful analyst

• Like 1

Stephen A Smith was a college basketball player turned "hot take" media member. He started off in the basketball realm, which is fair given his playing experience and media past, but now he's an "expert" on everything. 

*Boxing (LOL)

*The NFL Draft: Dwayne Haskins will bust because he's a RUNNING QB!!!! (LOL)

*The NFL: Kareem Hunt will be playing in NFC Title Game (LOL)

He basically proves that not only is he a phony/hot takes guy, but he doesn't even watch or stay up to date on important takes that he has.

24 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, baldy's one of my favorites. dude knows what he's talking about. just gotta ignore his terrifying finger lmao

i'm surprised nobody's brought up deion sanders yet. amazing player, truly awful analyst

All ex OL have that finger.  You cant imagine how many times their hands have been stepped on, caught in a Jersey, in the pads, facemasks.  Everything.  I've yet to see a lineman with an intact pinky.

On 6/25/2019 at 1:14 AM, berlin calling said:

he may not be the biggest phony, but Ray Lewis should not be on TV. as much as i liked the player the few i saw of him made me cringe.

I feel like he was a huge wasted opportunity.  He was pretty legendary for his film study and ability to read plays and play within his scheme (elevating the team around him as a result).  Would have been a great guy to explain some Xs and Os, play design, etc. He was not used in that capacity at all by ESPN. Maybe he wasn't interested in doing it, I don't know, but either way it seemed like a big missed opportunity IMO.

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

I wish this was up on YouTube somewhere

Thanksgiving 2008, McNabb had a great game in Philly vs an awful Cardinals defense. This was after he had been benched on merit vs the Ravens a few weeks back.

After the game on NFLN Deion is interviewing him and just destroying Philly and the fans and McNabb is just going along with it and laughing about it.

• They sure showed us... and then McPuke was awful against the same Arizona D in the NFCCG
  • Don't look at his final numbers, he was garbage.
    • missed back to back wide open TDs that mediocre college QBs make
    • Went 0-4 on the last 4 plays of the game when down 7.
    • He was saved after throwing a pick because DeSean forced a fumble 30 yards downfield during the return.

Deoin is 10k times better than Emmitt Smith though:

MNF pregame at the Linc, Emmitt predicts that the Redskins will have no trouble taking care of...

He turns around and looks at the field... Philly!

The guy had no idea where he was.