~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Youre bringing up this other stuff. When I clearly gave an example of storytelling that could be used to bring some substance other than ring presence to the womens division. Which is the problem for the division. There is zero for them outside what they do at the ring. Like I said. For Raws heels. Paige talks to the ring, a match happens, an attack after to show theyre the heel. Then walk to the back to do the exact same thing again next week.

You're the one who brought up the want/need to go back to sex sells.  You're also massively over-generalizing a lack of storylines for one faction of heels on RAW to be some kind of epidemic throughout the company.  It's not.  Mid-card talent in a division not having extensive storylines is nothing new and isn't just limited to the women.  That said, if you're acting like Alexa/Nia aren't playing out a storyline that is existing outside the ring, you're clearly not watching.  Sasha/Bayley is underdeveloped outside the in-ring stuff, but what else is new when it comes to Bayley - her mic work when they script her is cringeworthy and they damn near killed her because of it.  Mandy's mic work is still green as all get out; she reportedly had to do excess of 20 takes to get that MMC "Rose Gold" promo with Goldust right.

At it's most bare ones form, WWE (and any pro wrestling promotion) is supposed to be presented a professional fighting organization - so while each wrestler should have their own character, this isn't reality TV (and keep that Vince Russo/Kevin Dunn crap out of it to be honest - it's a lazy crutch).  The suggestion that someone who fights others for a living needs to have an in-story reason to want to fight someone else is dumb.

32 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You're the one who brought up the want/need to go back to sex sells.  You're also massively over-generalizing a lack of storylines for one faction of heels on RAW to be some kind of epidemic throughout the company.  It's not.  Mid-card talent in a division not having extensive storylines is nothing new and isn't just limited to the women.  That said, if you're acting like Alexa/Nia aren't playing out a storyline that is existing outside the ring, you're clearly not watching.  Sasha/Bayley is underdeveloped outside the in-ring stuff, but what else is new when it comes to Bayley - her mic work when they script her is cringeworthy and they damn near killed her because of it.  Mandy's mic work is still green as all get out; she reportedly had to do excess of 20 takes to get that MMC "Rose Gold" promo with Goldust right.

At it's most bare ones form, WWE (and any pro wrestling promotion) is supposed to be presented a professional fighting organization - so while each wrestler should have their own character, this isn't reality TV (and keep that Vince Russo/Kevin Dunn crap out of it to be honest - it's a lazy crutch).  The suggestion that someone who fights others for a living needs to have an in-story reason to want to fight someone else is dumb.

You want dumb. When viewership is dropping, the age base rising because new viewers arnt attracted, fans all over complaining (even on here) about storylines, terrible writing, no backbone to feuds. And someone says something like this, "The suggestion that someone who fights others for a living needs to have an in-story reason to want to fight someone else is dumb"

Like you mentioned with the Sasha Bayley thing. It could of been a good storyline to play out, why use Bayley if she cant get the story over? When some of the others could have but arnt given anything but ringwork to do. 3 hour Raws rarely see more than 50 mins of bell to bell action totaled. Take out the commercials, the rest need be filled with watchable storytelling. Now Braun/Elias has been good, but outside that. Its nothing thats going to attract new viewers, or keep the viewers they have and the ratings from dropping.

Xavier really selling that beatdown.

Am I the only one watching Fastlane? Pretty average so far, but some decent moments in each match. Not a PPV I'll be watching twice unless the main event tears it down.

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Xavier really selling that beatdown.

Am I the only one watching Fastlane? Pretty average so far, but some decent moments in each match. Not a PPV I'll be watching twice unless the main event tears it down.

yeah but his head did smack off the corner of the steps and that made me cringe a bit 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

we bout to see the best women's match of all time, book it 

Best women's match in the US.  When Japanese women's wrestling was in its prime (when the ladies that trained the current batch of Japanese female stars like Kairi, Asuka, and what not were in their primes), there are matches from that era that are just untouchable.  Like Flair/Steamboat or Lawler/Fargo untouchable.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Best women's match in the US.  When Japanese women's wrestling was in its prime (when the ladies that trained the current batch of Japanese female stars like Kairi, Asuka, and what not were in their primes), there are matches from that era that are just untouchable.  Like Flair/Steamboat or Lawler/Fargo untouchable.

I accept. I've never watched much women's wrestling given that it's always been a joke in the US up until recently. I'm also very glad they decided not to derail Bliss 

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I accept. I've never watched much women's wrestling given that it's always been a joke in the US up until recently. I'm also very glad they decided not to derail Bliss 

Women's wrestling in Japan in the 90's and 00's was one of the reasons I've always been so critical of them pushing the whole "Divas" stuff for as long as they did.  There were women out there... and in Mexico... and in Europe... who could and did work as well as the men (legitimate women working puroresu and joshi style at all different sizes and telling fantastic stories).

Akira Hokuto vs Shin Kandori from Dreamland 1 I can pretty much guarantee is unlike any womens match you've ever seen.

I was kind of expecting to see Undertaker interfere in the main event, but maybe they're waiting for him to appear during a Raw or Smackdown... if that match is still even happening.

It was a decent PPV. Nothing too exciting but I thought the main event was entertaining. Good to see Asuka switching brands as Asuka vs. Charlotte should be pretty damn good.

I'm guessing there's a good chance that it's a three way match for the tag titles at Mania with Harper/Rowan vs. New Day vs. Usos. If that's the case, I'd love to see Harper/Rowan win it. Harper is so criminally underrated.

Archived