~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

On 10/9/2017 at 7:10 PM, O'Doyle Rules said:

All these years and sister Abigail is just bray with makeup on. Smfh.

It's a Norman Bates thing.  Sadly, I don't know that they're going to write it that way... even if Bray is totally capable of pulling off something like that.

I always thought it would be dumb for them to suddenly produce a "Sister Abigail" character - especially since they've beaten us over the head with the fact that she's supposed to be dead (we saw her ashes for God's sake).  If they wanted to give Bray a side piece, they could have brought in Sage Beckett (who does a shaman-like character and could have made her some sort of Wiccan priestess who has brought the spirit of Abigail back to inhabit Bray's body), but there's honestly more potential in just having Abigail be Bray's "demon", if they treat it more like TNA did when Abyss shed his mask and started just wearing the face paint.

On 10/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

So they are doing a 4 on 3 Handicap match that there is no realistic way the shield can win?????

I bet Matt Hardy gets added to the match. hes the guy the Shield saved for no reason.

also, how can you have a TLC match with nothing to climb and reach for? Hasnt every TLC match been for something? So basically its gonna be a no DQ match in which they put tables ladders and chairs around the ring?

Hopefully they add the tag belts or the IC title or something. 

They've had a number of TLC matches without something hanging before.

52 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's a Norman Bates thing.  Sadly, I don't know that they're going to write it that way... even if Bray is totally capable of pulling off something like that.

I always thought it would be dumb for them to suddenly produce a "Sister Abigail" character - especially since they've beaten us over the head with the fact that she's supposed to be dead (we saw her ashes for God's sake).  If they wanted to give Bray a side piece, they could have brought in Sage Beckett (who does a shaman-like character and could have made her some sort of Wiccan priestess who has brought the spirit of Abigail back to inhabit Bray's body), but there's honestly more potential in just having Abigail be Bray's "demon", if they treat it more like TNA did when Abyss shed his mask and started just wearing the face paint.

Could always do the back from the dead angle, or instead have bray see sister Abigail in a female wrestler and transform her or something like that.

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Could always do the back from the dead angle, or instead have bray see sister Abigail in a female wrestler and transform her or something like that.

Bleh.  That's the sort of thing that just screams, "This is going to go stale quick and we're going to then end up screwing over two talents as opposed to just one."  Because whatever female talent they put that gimmick on isn't coming back from it.  It'd be one thing if they had someone like Rosemary from TNA (but she'd also previously worked a demonic gimmick on the indy circuit for more than 2 years prior to being brought to TNA to be Rosemary).

Further ,if you continue to book Bray as a heel, it hurts his gimmick and heat if he's malleable/controllable by a much smaller (female) person unless he can't speak (which he can).  It was one of the reasons why the moved Paul Bearer off of Foley quickly - and similarly with Kane once they started letting Kane talk.

Moreover, if Bray is a heel, why strip him of what has separated him from a lot of other heels (i.e. why give him someone who the producers would feel compelled to have interfere or distract his opponents/referees?).  It's addition just for sake of addition which is massively shortsighted.  The crux of his gimmick is that he's supposed to be the captivating cult leader, that kind of guy has a bigger heater type doing his interference, not a woman who he, himself, follows.  The weird thing is - and it just hasn't been portrayed the way it should - his character is one where you could really have him not care if he loses; or rather that he sees it as winning if he leaves his opponent lying.  So if his opponent starts to get a major upper hand, his heavy interferes and just utterly lays out and demolishes the babyface and Bray just sits there laughing (this wasn't too far off from characters that Raven has worked in the past).  Does he end up lacking wins in the column?  Sure.  Does that always matter?  No, especially if the perception is that he's still dominant because when you go up against Bray, the great likelihood is you're going to be left lying most weeks one way or another.  Get creative with it, let him distract the ref some time and let his heavy wreck his opponent... then Bray just shoves the KO'd opponent out of the ring and sits/squats there laughing while collecting a countout win.

Truly the biggest mistake they made with him was breaking the family away from him, because it helped define his gimmick so much better.

15 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I honestly love reading your posts when it comes to wrestling, even tho you make me look dumb sometimes lol.

A lot of it is some common sense stuff, but it's because I'm definitely not "in-the-loop" with people directly connected to WWE, but I do interact fairly regularly with those once-removed from that (guys who have been approached or are very aware they're on the watch-list for interviewer/on-air personality positions - similar to and also including Sam Roberts).  But it also comes from listening to a lot of wrestling pods by guys who used to book and be in talent relations, not just in WWE but elsewhere as well.  Bruce Pritchard's pod is brilliant.  Cornette, even though he regularly goes off on rants and tangents, knows his stuff inside and out.  Austin does a really good job of bringing on guys who really know their stuff and deferring to them.  Storm and Cyrus are just plain brilliant - and it's a shame that Lance Storm is generally opposed to doing a ton of travel while his daughters are still young(er) because he's got an amazing mind for the business.  Even the majority of the guys from Wrestle Reaction's network have previously worked the independent circuit in some capacity (one was a wrestler, one as a manager/Big Boss type character, one as a referee).  Weirdly enough, even Raven has an amazing grasp for both booking and particular for developing characters and finding them opportunities to get over (and to protect their characters), he just doesn't always have the best way of conveying it without getting really wordy.

Went to the ROH show in Buffalo last night. Simply amazing! What a show.

Got pics with Omega, The Bucks and Suzuki who are three of my favorites. Couldn't talk to nicer guys. Kenny and The Bucks were so inviting to everyone, and really had a good small personal conversation with everyone.

Just some notes on the show

* Ospreay and Punishment was good... really good. Will was Will, but pretty soon people are going to see how awesome Punishment is. He's going to be a star.

* Speaking of stars, I firmly believe Matt Taven is one of the best professional wrestlers on the planet. Talk about knowing how to work a crowd, that guy is creative, witty and just gets it. 

* Got to see Bully Ray basically give a retirement speech, so genuine. Crowd went nuts for him. 

* Main Event was awesome, Kingdom vs The Elite. What a fun fun match.

* Bullet Club was in the ring talking thanking us, talking about how Vince taking away too sweet from the fans ( One Sweet was probably the loudest chant of the night, or close along with f*** Vince) also had a great dig about being with their families on xmas day. 

If you ever have a chance to go to a ROH show, go. It was such a great time from start to finish.

21 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The rumored main event of Survivor Series sounds almost impressively terrible.

LOL. Just heard about it. That would mean no WWE championship or Universal championship match. And more Raw vs. Smackdown matches. Boring.

I just cancelled my subscription right before Hell in a Cell. Sounds like I made the right decision. I"ll probably sign up again around the Royal Rumble.

Probably doesn't matter, but I'll spoiler tag it.

Rumor is Mahal v. Lesnar headlines SS.

25 minutes ago, DawgX said:

LOL. Just heard about it. That would mean no WWE championship or Universal championship match. And more Raw vs. Smackdown matches. Boring.

I just don't get it. There's no way it's anything other than a squash and the build will be absolutely horrible.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:23 PM, titans0021 said:

Probably doesn't matter, but I'll spoiler tag it.

Reveal hidden contents

Rumor is Mahal v. Lesnar headlines SS.

I just don't get it. There's no way it's anything other than a squash and the build will be absolutely horrible.

Won't be watching that match at all lmao.

Archived