~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

So they just throw out Heel/Face for the sake of brand pride? There has to be better ways to do this. 

Im guessing the 5 on 5 will be

Angle, Reigns, Joe, Stroman and Balor

Vs

Shane, Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Zayn 

or something close to that, perhaps Cena comes back, or maybe the Taker comes back. He could work a match like this.  

Having Owens\Zayn team with Shane for the sake of brand pride makes no sense.  

Maybe Shane/Styles/Nakamura/Rusev/Orton

with Owens and Zayn costing them or something. If they just forget guess then Owens replacing Rusev is thier best 5

Thet need to make it worth something like winner gets 20 of the 30 rumble spots.

woman seems straight forward 

Banks/Bayley/Fox/Emma/James(Isuspect the woman will lose and so I bet they keep Asuka out of it)

Charolette/Tamina/Carmela/lynch/ Naomi 

it coukd be a good event. I bet they add some more matches . Maybe a 5 way elimation match for the kick off show with 

Benjamin/Cables/hype bros/English vs Jordan/Hardy/Anderson/Gallows/O'Neil 

Maybe New Day vs Sheamus/Ceasro 

we know right off that they will almost split victories. We know Lesnar will win without much trouble. I'd lean towards the men on raw winning, which means the woman losing. Miz won't beat Corbin cleanly.  Natalya shouldn't beat Bliss. There is no way the Shield loses to the Usos. 

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Alicia winning that triple threat match was stupid.  She cant wrestle.  It should have been Sasha Banks, Bayley, Asuka, Nia Jax (when she returns soon) and Emma/Mickie James. 

To me Asuka being in the match will determine whether raw wins. They won't waste a loss on her at Survivor Series. 

Finn, Joe, Stroman (he'll make another miraculous recovery - either that or he'll end up in a match against Kane - but with the whole heel team turning on him last night, he's basically a made man as a chaotic babyface if they want to turn him), Sheamus & Cesaro, Roman (assuming he's recovered from the meningitis) Matt Hardy could possibly be thrown in.  Some combination of that.  They're either going to continue to make Stroman look like an utter monster in this or Finn's going to be the sole survivor so that he's built up as a legitimate contender to Brock.

They're blowing a golden opportunity if they don't have Nakamura or Roode beat Corbin for the US Title between now and Survivor Series.  Miz feuding with either one writes itself (and there could at least be something useful with this damn "Artist" moniker they've shoved on Shinsuke) and Corbin can add some actual size to the Smackdown team which is likely to include some combo AJ, KO, Sami, Orton, Roode/Nakamura, and two of the New Day guys (so basically Big E and probably Kofi).

I'm kind of fully expecting "land of opportunity" Smackdown to hold "qualifying matches" for the spots on Team Smackdown, whereby I hope that they use those matches as blowoff matches for some of the feuds that have reached their past-due date (Orton/Rusev, Roode/Dolph, etc.).

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

To me Asuka being in the match will determine whether raw wins. They won't waste a loss on her at Survivor Series. 

Actually, I could see them doing something screwy to get her eliminated via something like countout or DQ after teasing her and Charlotte going one on one.  The smart money is in literally not letting them touch until they face each other - so you do something like Charlotte's doing her thing and working over someone like Alicia or Emma, tag is made to Asuka... slow entry through the ropes, pause and staredown from a distance while crowd pops, they start to circle each other, and then someone like Carmella tags herself in off Charlotte's back.  Carmella proceeds to get her butt kicked all the way outside the ring, Asuka follows, and Asuka gets grabbed around the ankles by Elsworth keeping her from making it back in to beat the 10-count.  She's eliminated then kicks the crap out of Elsworth (knocks him out with a single kick) for a revenge pop and Carmella gets schoolgirled for her own elimination while she's watching in dismay.

From the sound of things, I wouldn't expect Nia back anytime soon.  She's evidently holding out similarly to Neville (she didn't no-show an event, but she's on a "leave of absence" that the E is insisting isn't one, but her best friend (Bliss) has effectively confirmed as much and people have flat out said she's not at house shows the way the company is insisting she is).  Kind of thing she may have seen the shine coming off her star with Asuka coming to RAW and demanded more money - and if/when she comes back, it's going to be in some not-announced-till-it-happens trade to Smackdown.

One of the best RAWs in awhile. Very entertaining show.

I'm nitpicking, but SD's "siege" really made me chuckle, as A. They all forget their differences all of the sudden and B. RAW's roster is like a third bigger, not counting the CW division.

But it was real entertaining and unexpected, so I'm happy with it. 

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So they just throw out Heel/Face for the sake of brand pride? There has to be better ways to do this. 

Im guessing the 5 on 5 will be

Angle, Reigns, Joe, Stroman and Balor

Vs

Shane, Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Zayn 

For some extent they do that. However, I don't believe that either Owens or Zayn were there. I think that they keep that separated and keep that heel/face dynamic going on between Shane and the pair of them.

Also, don't know that there will be Strowman in the match. I think he might be broiled in something with Kane by then.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think they should add a crusierweight team and an NXT team and have an all out war 

100% agree. Liv Morgan was tweeting about how the NXT women should be on there. That would make it really interesting, not sure how they would pull it off as NXT is still developmental and they've already done one sort of NXT Takeover storyline.

2 hours ago, pollino14 said:

One of the best RAWs in awhile. Very entertaining show.

Was quite solid. I liked the end, that capped it off nicely. I don't mind Alicia Fox being in charge, I think that is a storyline way that they don't have to have RAW win the Women's match because Asuka won't have to be on the women's team. If it was Bayley or Sasha, you can't play it off as crazy person doing crazy things and not having Asuka on the team.

They missed a chance for an epic moment.

Imagine the smackdown roster mowing down everyone like they were doing and then suddenly they stop in their tracks and have a stare down with Braun Stroman. 

Stroman could have deciminated the group at first before falling to the numbers or better yet they could have put off big shows surgery, put off the kane vs Stromna fued and had the 3 of them take down the smackdown roster....would have been great. 

37 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

They missed a chance for an epic moment.

Imagine the smackdown roster mowing down everyone like they were doing and then suddenly they stop in their tracks and have a stare down with Braun Stroman. 

Stroman could have deciminated the group at first before falling to the numbers or better yet they could have put off big shows surgery, put off the kane vs Stromna fued and had the 3 of them take down the smackdown roster....would have been great. 

That would have been epic! I get WWE's logic though.  I think Braun will return to Raw next week since technically he got destroyed by Kane with the Chairs and getting placed in the dumpster. 

I honestly have felt this good about a PPV in a long time!

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I love how AJ Styles had a match with the Shield vs Miz and company at the beginning of Raw then attack them after the show.

I would have liked it better - and they could still technically pull this off if they open Smackdown with Shane in the middle of the ring gloating about what he just pulled off and then show footage of AJ "letting SDL in the back door (the same back door that Miz locked Ambrose and Rollins out behind the week before TLC during the cage match).  It adds to continuity and gives him a reason as to why he'd lend AJ to RAW for two nights.

I'm kind of expecting there to be a rift start to develop between DB and Shane over this though, with DB taking the position that Shane took things too far.

What do you guys think will be the Survivor Series Raw vs. Smackdown match?

My preliminary guess is

Shaemus

Cesaro

Finn Balor

Kane

Jason Jordan (attacked by Smackdown wrestlers ahead of time and replaced by a mystery person who turns out to be Roman Reigns.)

Vs

A.J. Styles

Randy Orton

Big E

Kofi Kingston

Either Rusev or Nakamura or Xavier Woods

Archived