Browns roster reduced to initial 53 (Thoughts, Practice Squad, & Waived Players to Bring in)

Mind Character

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

What?

I don't think that article says that about me at all.

He was absolutely destroyed in 1 on 1's at the senior bowl. I saw it with my own eyes and others agreed with me. 1 on 1s have to do with natural pass blocking ability on an island. It was bad for him. I don't care what PFF grades (What's the sample size of snaps? And against who?) in 28 or so preseason snaps and says he was "good" at pass blocking in the preseason. He is not a good pass blocker. Period.

The colts still run some elements of zone and the zone stretch...Banner is the last athlete in the nfl to be able to move people that way...so I'm sure he struggled.

He was good (not great) at run blocking at USC.

I haven't watched him in the preseason, and I don't care what PFF says about preseason grading. Based on what I saw in college and senior bowl I still feel like "Zach Banner cannot play in this league on the outside...he doesn't have the foot quickness or agility to handle athletic burst from DEs in the league."

That's in the pass and in the run.

tenor.gif

Im just goofing ya bud, we both know his fat azz isn't blocking anyone in this league.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

tenor.gif

Im just goofing ya bud, we both know his fat azz isn't blocking anyone in this league.

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

...eat a bag, LGB...

200.gif#5-grid1

I actually watched him play a few times and thought he moved very well for his size.  Couldn't you see him playing RT, maybe working on footwork to be a road-grading LT?

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Guys like Duke and Telfer will stay unless they want too much money. Shelton stays long term I hope. Campbell and Orchard will be gone next year.

We got Bitonio and Kirksey out of the 2014 class and we drafted only 6 guys total.

Yeah for some reason I thought they were UFA after this year.  Telfer and Duke are role players who will probably seek more money than I think Sashi will give them a couple years from now but probably stay on.  Even Shelton is pretty unknown, but alas it is only their 3rd season so perhaps Danny solidifies himself as a building block and there is also time for Orchard to figure it out (since he hasn't had a chance to do what he did in college (although he has to compete with ogbah and nassib so he has to probably leap ahead of one of them)).

Campbell could have easily been cut this year, his skillset is redundant on our roster and his performance underwhelming.

2014 could have been a good draft if we didn't completely whiff round 1.  Friggin Ray Farmer man.

54 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I actually watched him play a few times and thought he moved very well for his size.  Couldn't you see him playing RT, maybe working on footwork to be a road-grading LT?

At best, I see him as a career backup that can use his length and size to keep less speedy and less rush versatile players (no counter moves, etc) at bay. A footwork improvement can help him improve his weight transfer when he has to shift and anchor to prevent an inside counter; but based on his body type and just natural foot coordination he'll likely always struggle against nfl pass rusher and get embarrassed by the really good ones.

RT or LT he's going to struggle imo...would love to be proven wrong in the long run...

All runs to his side have to be inside of him as he can not get to the outside or crack back on anyone with any efficiency due to his lumbering movements...

He's a low risk gamble with upside due to him having elite length and size...if he gets his hands on you it's all over, but out on an island at tackle speed destroys him every time.

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

At best, I see him as a career backup that can use his length and size to keep less speedy and less rush versatile players (no counter moves, etc) at bay. A footwork improvement can help him improve his weight transfer when he has to shift and anchor to prevent an inside counter; but based on his body type and just natural foot coordination he'll likely always struggle against nfl pass rusher and get embarrassed by the really good ones.

RT or LT he's going to struggle imo...would love to be proven wrong in the long run...

All runs to his side have to be inside of him as he can not get to the outside or crack back on anyone with any efficiency due to his lumbering movements...

He's a low risk gamble with upside due to him having elite length and size...if he gets his hands on you it's all over, but out on an island at tackle speed destroys him every time.

You're so easy.

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Why not move him inside to guard then?

Archived