NBA News & Notes

Leader

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can anyone tell me why Dwight Howard hasn't been signed yet? He said he had an interest in playing for the Clippers too. He could probably start for them tbh.

Because he's a cancer and doesn't care about winning

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Because he's a cancer and doesn't care about winning

He has been in terrible situations since he left Houston. When he was healthy in Charlotte he averaged 17/12/2 on 55% FG. He can definitely still play and be a rim running big in the right situation.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has been in terrible situations since he left Houston. When he was healthy in Charlotte he averaged 17/12/2 on 55% FG. He can definitely still play and be a rim running big in the right situation.

Your not wrong, but he is still a cancer and doesn't care about winning

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Why haven't they made this move already? Obviously losing the draft capital sucks but adding Beal would put them in tier 1 and give them a legitimate shot at a championship. Plus they'd only be losing one rotation player and would be replacing him with a significantly better player.

This is in a hypothetical world where Beal asks for a trade. It would take a lot more for Washington to trade Beal without a trade request from him.

18 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Your not wrong, but he is still a cancer and doesn't care about winning

He's a cancer if he's one of the best players on your team, sure. But his "cancerous" behavior happened during his prime when he was considered one of the best players in the league. If he goes to a team with a strong locker room and can be a role player, I think it can work. He's better than at least half the starting centers in the NBA.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This is in a hypothetical world where Beal asks for a trade. It would take a lot more for Washington to trade Beal without a trade request from him.

All signs point to him being the next star-caliber player traded though. They need to blow their roster up and get as many young assets as they can.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's been a cancer since he left Orlando.  No wonder nobody wants him.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

All signs point to him being the next star-caliber player traded though. They need to blow their roster up and get as many young assets as they can.

eh...they are in the East. you can build a contender around Beal. no reason for a crap franchise to trade a franchise player (that isn't getting a crazy AD/PG haul) if he is happy there for the time being. blog boys want them to blow it up and the media is pushing it bc there is no content right now but I just don't see them moving him unless they get an insane package or he forces his way out (could happen at any point)

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Gary Harris, Michael Porter, Jr., Jarred Vanderbilt, 2022 1st, 2023 pick swap, 2024 1st.

Yeah to me this is a realistic package to get it done and I don't love it if Harris can prove he is healthy. I think there are arguments either way for making a deal like this for Beal. I personally wouldn't do this, though, and depending on how Harris and MPJ look out of the gate, Washington might want a different package as well 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Was he really a cancer in Atlanta or Charlotte? They both just sucked. 

yeah not really he just isn't very good anymore. seems like he's less so a "cancer" and more just like not a guy teams want in the locker room because of his personality. 

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

eh...they are in the East. you can build a contender around Beal. no reason for a crap franchise to trade a franchise player (that isn't getting a crazy AD/PG haul) if he is happy there for the time being. blog boys want them to blow it up and the media is pushing it bc there is no content right now but I just don't see them moving him unless they get an insane package or he forces his way out (could happen at any point)

They're going to have almost zero roster flexibility with John Wall's contract on their books and it will be damn near impossible to trade him. If he doesn't return to form they're going to be stuck in purgatory for a while and at best be a fringe playoff team.