NBA News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Poor Anthony Davis. Such a victim.

He obviously shoulders a lot of the blame but you don’t think it’s weird his entire attitude/demeanor changed the second Rich Paul was his agent? Paul George demanded a trade without acting a complete fool and without his agent making him look like a damn fool.

36 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Using hindsight, sure.

Yes. In hindsight after all the picks have been made, too. Which is my point. In reality a lot of picks doesn't really mean anything. 

You also don't know the evaluations the Pacers had of Dipo and Sabonis. Maybe they just had higher evals on them and were proven right. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes. In hindsight after all the picks have been made, too. Which is my point. In reality a lot of picks doesn't really mean anything. 

You also don't know the evaluations the Pacers had of Dipo and Sabonis. Maybe they just had higher evals on them and were proven right. 

At the time of each trade, the Pacers' haul was the worst of the bunch.

• Like 1

In a recent interview in Spain, Marc Gasol talked about how he didn't want the Grizzlies to trade him at the deadline. "There have been few players that haven’t been traded over the years in the NBA. If it had been depended on me, I wouldn’t have been traded," Gasol said. "I always thought I could reverse the situation [in Memphis] and bring the team to the top. But, thank God, they ignored me." It's hard to fault Gasol for wanting to stay in Memphis, though the trade definitely worked out for the best.

In a recent article on NBC Sports Northwest, Jamie Hudson notes that the assumption in Portland is that Zach Collins will be in the starting lineup. After the departures of Maurice Harkless and Al-Farouq Aminu, Collins is the option that makes the most sense at power forward for the Blazers. Playing small could've been a possible strategy for coach Terry Stotts, but it looks like he plans to go big with Collins next to Hassan Whiteside. In addition, he is also likely to open the season as the team's backup center with Jusuf Nurkic (leg) on the mend. There may be an initial adjustment period since he hasn't started since his senior year of high school.

(Not sure how wise it is to be counting on a guy who's not played the position since HS.....but who knows).

46 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

McCollum signed a 3 year extension with Portland. Now has a total contract worth 5 years, $157 million and is signed for the same amount of years as Lillard.

Riding the duo out through their primes. Let's see if it pays off.

small market ... gotta do it

i'd guess they made it the farthest they ever will last season 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, champ11 said:

small market ... gotta do it

i'd guess they made it the farthest they ever will last season 

Agreed.  I don't blame them at all.  This also isn't a huge number for McCollum and he can easily be traded if they decide to go that route.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Good keep there for Portland. Him and Lillard are quite the duo. For me the NBA is wide open this season, with these 2 Portland has as good a chance as any to win the NBA title this year. 

i'd say portland has about a 0% chance at winning the title next season

• Like 2