NBA News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeah not really he just isn't very good anymore. seems like he's less so a "cancer" and more just like not a guy teams want in the locker room because of his personality. 

When he was healthy in 2017-2018 he averaged 16/12/2 on good efficiency. Is he under contract with the Wizards?

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're going to have almost zero roster flexibility with John Wall's contract on their books and it will be damn near impossible to trade him. If he doesn't return to form they're going to be stuck in purgatory for a while and at best be a fringe playoff team. 

hey you're preaching to the choir. but they've shown they are content to do that. a franchise in purgatory may not trade their franchise guy if that's the one thing fans can hold on to. It makes more sense to trade him, I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion if he doesn't force his way out like people are assuming. most likely he'll do that tho lol

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

hey you're preaching to the choir. but they've shown they are content to do that. a franchise in purgatory may not trade their franchise guy if that's the one thing fans can hold on to. It makes more sense to trade him, I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion if he doesn't force his way out like people are assuming. most likely he'll do that tho lol

They only have him under contract for the next two seasons so I could definitely see them trade him at the ASB or next summer before he walks and they receive nothing in return. His trade value is also going to be slightly diminished the longer they hold onto him because he'll be a free agent in 2021. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They only have him under contract for the next two seasons so I could definitely see them trade him at the ASB or next summer before he walks and they receive nothing in return. His trade value is also going to be slightly diminished the longer they hold onto him because he'll be a free agent in 2021. 

totally aware my dude 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

totally aware my dude 

I hope he ends up in Denver. Even as a Jazz fan I've never hated the Nuggets and if we don't get out of the West I'll be rooting for you guys to do it.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 10:31 AM, CWood21 said:

How?  Anthony Davis and Rich Paul went up to the FO and ownership early on, and told them that he wanted out.  New Orleans ignored that trade request and brushed it off.  They felt they weren't taking seriously, so it came out publicly. 

Morey is the one that caused all of the drama by leaking out the Lakers trade offer and then basically refusing to do business with them.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Morey?  I'm assuming you mean Demps.

Yeah, my mistake. But either way it was on Demps and his ego. He knew AD was going to end up with the Lakers one way or another and IIRC turned down an even bigger package at the ASB because he wanted to get back at the Lakers for whatever reason. If he would've handled the trade like Presti handled the PG trade he might still have a job.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, my mistake. But either way it was on Demps and his ego. He knew AD was going to end up with the Lakers one way or another and IIRC turned down an even bigger package at the ASB because he wanted to get back at the Lakers for whatever reason. If he would've handled the trade like Presti handled the PG trade he might still have a job.

Demps was a dead man walking regardless of whether or not he got a haul.  And a trade of the magnitude of Anthony Davis needs to be signed off by ownership.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, showtime said:

Yea, I think he hurt his image a bit this season.  He always has been such a nice guy.  But this season, he looked like a tool partly because the image I got from him is that he quit on the Pelicans. 

Meh. Being in LA and playing with LeBron is going to help his image a lot, IMO. He'll finally be on national TV every single game and should be even better with another elite player to run with and shooters around them. Plus being in LA will be great for his brand and endorsements off the court, etc. 

I don't see how anyone can hate on LeBron/AD without feeling the same way about Kawhi/PG13. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Demps was a dead man walking regardless of whether or not he got a haul.  And a trade of the magnitude of Anthony Davis needs to be signed off by ownership.

That's true. The Pelicans winning the lottery and acquiring Zion definitely changed a lot for their franchise too. But the main point I was trying to make was that Demps was the one that caused all of the drama and circus surrounding the AD trade saga. Wasn't it basically confirmed that he wanted to leak the info to throw off the Lakers season and they weren't even really considering the Lakers trade package? 

When a star player demands a trade to another team it doesn't have to be messy, we saw that with the PG13 move. 

The media also loves to blow up anything revolving around LeBron James because that's what gets the clicks. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true. The Pelicans winning the lottery and acquiring Zion definitely changed a lot for their franchise too. But the main point I was trying to make was that Demps was the one that caused all of the drama and circus surrounding the AD trade saga. Wasn't it basically confirmed that he wanted to leak the info to throw off the Lakers season and they weren't even really considering the Lakers trade package? 

When a star player demands a trade to another team it doesn't have to be messy, we saw that with the PG13 move. 

The media also loves to blow up anything revolving around LeBron James because that's what gets the clicks. 

I mean, for Dell Demps it was more about not rolling over and letting Rich Paul bully him into dealing his client to the Lakers.  Demps knew he was a dead man walking, and his "best" chance at keeping his position was to put up a fight against the Lakers "tampering" and refusing to deal with Anthony Davis to them.  If Demps couldn't keep his job, he was going to take the Lakers down with them, which is why the Lakers' package became public knowledge.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If Demps couldn't keep his job, he was going to take the Lakers down with them, which is why the Lakers' package became public knowledge.

And that proves my point. Everyone's blaming AD/Rich Paul for all of the drama surrounding the deal but it was Demps that was leaking information to the press and trying to do anything in his power to sabotage AD to LA.