Westbrook traded to Rockets

ttitansfan4life

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

They did it before. They can do it again.

dude...........naw. who they are now as players is completely different.

from a basketball fit, it's insane, so that's why most GMs wouldn't take the contract on and make the gamble on it working out. I mean...they are the two highest usage players in the league. both teams had major issues bc of how those two dominate the ball. it can work, but it's undoubtedly a wild play 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Danger said:

Anyone who says Westbrook is anything other than a good player is legitimately hating. However I think it's certainly fair to suggest that Westbrook and Harden won't be able to coexist well because of the natures of their respective games.

He's still good but he's declined massively over the past two years and will be 31 at the beginning of the season. He's only going to get worse. Then you have the WOAT fit. People always talk about how bad CP3's contract is by Westbrook's is at least 90% as bad and longer.

Edited by Bullet Club

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

Respect the opinion, but I dont see the move as being so difficult.

CP3 + Harden hate each other.
RWB played with Harden before - to good success.
CP3 has a ridiculous contract.
HOU swapped CP3cost for a cheaper / younger version.

Not sure what's not to like from HOUs perspective - especially since I think this "there wont be enough basketballs to go around" concept can be worked around. They did it before. They can do it again. Plus, their games are distinct enough from each other to offer complimentary support. RWB can break down a defender - take him inside to either dish or shoot. Harden's a set up shooter with limited dribbling skills. I think HOU did themselves just fine - not because I love RWBs game - but he's not a total slouch either. They can (and I think will....) make it work.

Harden's a limited dribbler? Cheaper version of CP3?

What in the world are you talking about?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Harden's a limited dribbler? Cheaper version of CP3?

What in the world are you talking about?

Its not that I consider Harden to be unable to dribble the ball, its simply that RWB is far better at it. Faster. Quicker. Better at breaking his man down and taking it to the hole than Harden - who - is the far superior set up (read: outside) shooter. 

Thats not to imply that Harden cant create for himself - obviously not. You dont average 30+ pts per game if you cant make things happen - but in their pairing - when both are on the court - thats how I see them matching up - and I see no reason it cant work. The  greatest - detraction - between the two is RWBs outside shooting.

Thats what I was talking about.

35 minutes ago, champ11 said:

dude...........naw. who they are now as players is completely different.

from a basketball fit, it's insane, so that's why most GMs wouldn't take the contract on and make the gamble on it working out. I mean...they are the two highest usage players in the league. both teams had major issues bc of how those two dominate the ball. it can work, but it's undoubtedly a wild play 

I think RWB can outperform CP3 and his game / talents supplement Harden's - so long as you can get RWB to let Harden do the outside shooting.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

RWB is far better IMO. The tape dont lie. So I guess that makes him a great dribbler as well.

This is one of the hottest takes I've ever seen. Harden is clearly a superior dribbler and is better at breaking down defenders.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

This is one of the hottest takes I've ever seen. Harden is clearly a superior dribbler and is better at breaking down defenders.

Fine. I disagree but its not a big matter to me. Opinion stands and moving on.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

RWB is far better IMO. The tape dont lie. So I guess that makes him a great dribbler as well.

Harden is easily a better ball handler than Westbrook. He's arguably the best in the NBA.

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I absolutely hate this move. I said I’d leave the page if we traded for Westbrook and I’ll honor that if y’all want. 

Regular season, we just got 48 reliable minutes of iso ball with shooters and one of the best rim scorers in the league. I could see us being real good in the regular season  

playoffs will be a nightmare  

I’m so torn up  WB is literally my least favorite player maybe ever  

on the flip side no one else has two MVPs in their prime  

I'm going to have to ask you to honor that statement……..Unless you promise to stop complaining about Harden being robbed of the MVP award for like the 10th consecutive year lol. And better yet, I'm going to need you to admit Westbrook deserved the MVP over Harden in 2017 :D.

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

It’s a bad fit. People had questions about the fit between CP and Harden fit. This is an even much worse fit. 

The CP3/Harden was such a terrible fit that they went 65-17 and were 1 game away from the finals. If CP3 didn’t get hurt in game 5 last year the Rockets probably win that series.