Boling Retires

Johnny Nix

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What causes blood clots anyway? And I assume strenuous exercise makes this condition worse?

Really unlucky for a really solid player. It's a shame. He's been one of the only reliable facets of our line for almost a decade.

It’s just something that can develop at any time 

From a division rival, this has to feel like another shot to the 'nads for you guys. But as we all know, life trumps football. We experienced the same thing last year when Joe Thomas decided to call it a career. The pain and the grind of a 16 game season finally overcame the desire to play any longer.

In Clint's case, this is a no brainer. Sad that he can no longer safely play the game he loved - but as Beck said, being there for your kids games (and being able to walk at 50) outweighs any "glory" gained from participating in the 2019 season. We all know that traveling blood clot can be fatal.

As far as a long term solution, he may already be on your roster. Michael Jordan.

Good luck

I mean,  Boling was  a good player at a position of lowish importance, which we actually have some depth at. He's our best lineman but actually replaceable.  Right tackle is still a much bigger concern.  Not nearly  the concern when the second best left tackle of a generation retires unexpectedly.  Not a total disaster.   But seriously,  get me a tackle please.  I think  Jordan can play out there, but someone more experienced would make me happy. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 9:10 PM, Beck Bristow said:

I mean,  Boling was  a good player at a position of lowish importance, which we actually have some depth at. He's our best lineman but actually replaceable.  Right tackle is still a much bigger concern.  Not nearly  the concern when the second best left tackle of a generation retires unexpectedly.  Not a total disaster.   But seriously,  get me a tackle please.  I think  Jordan can play out there, but someone more experienced would make me happy. 

Well said.

The bigger shot in the nads was Jonah getting hurt.  And we don't even know if he's any good.

Still holding out hope that Westerman is actually something.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:15 AM, Beck Bristow said:

8 years is a nice solid career.  A shame he doesn't have any playoff success to show for it. I'm a sucker for a career long Bengal. There's something special about that to me. Hope he has a really happy retirement and gets to watch all his kids games.

I have no idea why, but until recently i thought the Bengals brought him over in FA a long time ago.

I'm a terrible fan.